Need upgrades at WR

Jerry Jabber

It’s unfortunately very clear that Knox isn’t making the impact that we all expected. Obviously the same can be said for Gabe but that’s been discussed to death. I think most expected both of these guys to make the leap this year. They haven’t, so now go get help.

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Dorsey is struggling right now with his game flow and play calling. 

Also, he could really benefit from a legitimate WR2.  

It’s beyond obvious that against good defenses, Davis and McKenzie are let downs.  Nice complimentary pieces (Davis especially) but not focal points game in / game out.  

In a pass heavy offense, your #2 WR needs to be reliable.  

Would you rather have Kelce, MVS, Juju and Hardman or Diggs, Davis, McKenzie and Knox. 

It’s sad that even after losing Tyreek Hill, I’d take what KC has right now.  

We can dunk on teams without good secondary play.  But guys who can cover?… Davis and McKenzie can’t do anything and Dorsey seems unable - so far - to scheme them open. 

A lot of TBD posters called out the FO for not addressing WR … and here we are.  Sometimes posters are right. 

If OBJ doesn’t come here and be at least 75% of what he was … we need somebody to step up or this offense is, once again, reliant upon Josh Allen being the best player the NFL has ever seen in the playoffs. 

The writing is on the wall. I’ve been talked off the ledge many times but this is getting crazy. It’s clear we don’t have reliable playmakers outside of Diggs. The neglect on the offensive side is really showing. Yet…McD will see it as we couldn’t stop the run and beg Beane for a DT in the draft. That’s just where we are with a defensive coach…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Nelius said:

It’s unfortunately very clear that Knox isn’t making the impact that we all expected. Obviously the same can be said for Gabe but that’s been discussed to death. I think most expected both of these guys to make the leap this year. They haven’t, so now go get help.

I have to give Knox a little pass. Losing your brother can really take a bit to get through. 

• Agree 3

There's a lot of things off. The O-line blocking, receivers getting open, being on the same page w/ Josh & Josh's reads, accuracy & trust. Doesn't look like an easy fix. Let's hope Josh's arm is ok. All that said, Gabe has been a disappointment this year, I thought he was going to have a monster year but he's wildly inconsistent, same with McKenzie & Shakir. OBJ may not fix everything, but he can't hurt.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

33 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Yeah… I expected Gabe to be the guy that attacks that ball through the defender and brings it down. It hit his chest… the upside is he’s going to be affordable. Didn’t make the leap. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah… I expected Gabe to be the guy that attacks that ball through the defender and brings it down. It hit his chest… the upside is he’s going to be affordable. Didn’t make the leap. 

Affordable?  Whoever this Gabe Davis is can walk.  

Tennessee has a couple WR’s on that team alone that can take his role on a rookie contract.  

Biggest issue is finding a WR2.  

Knox isn’t it from the TE position.  Good player still… not it. 

McKenzie is a joke as a full time slot. 

If the Bills are going to be this pass heavy, they need a true WR2 that allows Davis to be the big play threat that can boom or bust game to game without wrecking the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

Game on the line, Allen managed to drop a 60 yard pass in the bucket on 4th and 21. We need better than this from our supposed #2 WR. And I don't want to hear complaints about a missed DPI, Davis also pushed off a bit so I'm fine with the refs letting them play on this one. He simply has to make the catch.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

Just now, HappyDays said:

Game on the line, Allen managed to drop a 60 yard pass in the bucket on 4th and 21. We need better than this from our supposed #2 WR. And I don't want to hear complaints about a missed DPI, Davis also pushed off a bit so I'm fine with the refs letting them play on this one. He simply has to make the catch.

Im going to pretend I didn’t see this, because I’m already irrationally disgusted at Gabe Davis and his lack of growth in this offense .. and I don’t know if I can handle a second replay of that. 

That final throw to Gabe was as perfect a throw as you can get. These wide receivers need a swift kick in the ass. Having said that, Dorsey needs to be a bit more creative with the offense. It's like the only passes Allen has are deep throws or dump offs to singeltary 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Im going to pretend I didn’t see this, because I’m already irrationally disgusted at Gabe Davis and his lack of growth in this offense .. and I don’t know if I can handle a second replay of that. 

thats where To find some disappointment… remember when Chris hogan makes that catch with every fiber of his being??? 

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

Buyers remorse on Knox.  That a lot of money for no production.  

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Making Davis #3 will increase his production? 

Anyway, the receivers weren’t the dominant problem today

Outside of Diggs, who is playing better this year than I've ever seen him, we got next to nothing out of our weapons today. Allen was both the primary issue on offense today AND the only reason we were able to move the ball and score. That's a big problem. Our RBs couldn't rip off big runs, we had zero screen game, no big run after the catch on a single completion.

Making Davis the #3 won't increase his production necessarily but it will increase the production of the passing offense as a whole. In fact I think it's arguable he would see his own production increased because we can use him in his preferred role as a vertical only WR who takes advantage of openings created by our other weapons.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I think McD is too stubborn when it comes to playing rookies. Shakir needs to take over the slot role. McKenzie is a gadget player, and the experiment needs to end. Shakir might not be the guy, but we need to find out. 

THIS!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.