Need upgrades at WR

Jerry Jabber

I hate to say it, but losing Beasley and Sanders has hurt the Bills offense. The dropoff between Beasley and McKenzie has been huge. Since put in the #2 WR role, Davis hasn’t had the same kind of production. 

Hopefully Von’s recruitment of OBJ will payoff as we need a #2 WR. If that happens and Davis goes back to being a #3 WR, hopefully his production will go up. In regards to the slot receiver position, hopefully Hines will be used more in that role as McKenzie has underperformed in that role so far this season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Our playmakers are very underwhelming beyond Diggs. Our o line is garbage and we have no run game. Seemed Allen was running for his life at the snap more often than not today. Gotta start prioritizing the offense Beane. 

Edited by whorlnut
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 8

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I’m shocked… these dudes throw scraps at the offense…. It’s not surprising that they struggle when Josh is off. 

Exactly. Enough with the old man football and drafting defense high. This is a passing league and we have a potential all time great qb. Why aren’t we giving him elite weapons all over the offense?

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I dont understand why we cant dial up plays to get Knox the ball, or Shakir. Shakir looks good the few times hes been targeted, yet we refuse to use him

I think McD is too stubborn when it comes to playing rookies. Shakir needs to take over the slot role. McKenzie is a gadget player, and the experiment needs to end. Shakir might not be the guy, but we need to find out. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

So they rolled Allen out a few times to avoid the rush, but there were no receivers even close. Seemed like too many plays had targets too far up the field and nothing underneath. Either that or Allen has reverted to forcing the ball downfield instead of taking what is given to him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I dont understand why we cant dial up plays to get Knox the ball, or Shakir. Shakir looks good the few times hes been targeted, yet we refuse to use him

Knox is juts an average TE. Watch him run routes vs. a young and upcoming guy like Goedert. He just doesn't have the skills that the elite TE's do. But people are okay with that i guess because he blocks well supposedly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

If Josh doesn’t implode, Bills are 7-1… doesn’t mean OP point isn’t valid, I don’t think Davis is worth a lucrative extension, but the Bills should have won this game. That first pick was inexcusable and turned out to be the difference in the game. The other pick and sack fumble didn’t help.  Gabe dropping that key third down was also a killer, and an argument could be made that a better WR makes that catch at the end of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

There was some analyst named Nate (didn't catch his last name) on the Bills post-game radio show that said Knox has been invisible this season, despite his high salary. He also said the Bills desperately missed Beasley. He also said this was the first badly-called game of Dorsey (who was in the running last week for coordinator of the year on one show of SiriusXM NFL Radio).

Then a caller said the Bills need to spend an early pick on a speed/outside WR who can make plays.

Edited by chongli
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

and an argument could be made that a better WR makes that catch at the end of the game.

I would have like to see Gabe go up for the ball instead of letting it come to him. Also would have like Josh to throw to a receiver that did not have Sauce on him. But still one on one I see why you take the shot. 

Dorsey is struggling right now with his game flow and play calling. 

Also, he could really benefit from a legitimate WR2.  

It’s beyond obvious that against good defenses, Davis and McKenzie are let downs.  Nice complimentary pieces (Davis especially) but not focal points game in / game out.  

In a pass heavy offense, your #2 WR needs to be reliable.  

Would you rather have Kelce, MVS, Juju and Hardman or Diggs, Davis, McKenzie and Knox. 

It’s sad that even after losing Tyreek Hill, I’d take what KC has right now.  

We can dunk on teams without good secondary play.  But guys who can cover?… Davis and McKenzie can’t do anything and Dorsey seems unable - so far - to scheme them open. 

A lot of TBD posters called out the FO for not addressing WR … and here we are.  Sometimes posters are right. 

If OBJ doesn’t come here and be at least 75% of what he was … we need somebody to step up or this offense is, once again, reliant upon Josh Allen being the best player the NFL has ever seen in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, chongli said:

There was some guy named Nate (didn't catch his last name) on the Bills post-game radio show that said Knox has been invisible this season, despite his high salary. He also said the Bills desperately missed Beasley. He also said this was the first badly-called game of Dorsey (who was in the running last week for coordinator of the year on one show of SiriusXM NFL Radio).

Who knows if this was a badly called game. You don't expect some of the turnovers that Allen had today. The first two things certainly look true. The truth about Knox though is that he is largely the same player he has always been. Yes, his receptions and receiving yards are down but he was never top 10 at the position in those two categories to being with so expectations should have been lower.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.