Why oh why are we not establishing a running game ?

Returntoglory

45 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Because we aren't a running team and never will be while Josh Allen is here.

I don't understand the obsession with acting like we are the Titans.

You know why you establish the run? Because your team has a garbage QB.

Thurman Thomas would VEHEMENTLY disagree with you... we had Thurman and KD as a 1-2 punch and we were very successful. The Rams were the exception to the rule last season... you just can't go out there and be one dimensional and win a Super Bowl, period. Look at the stats and you will see!!!!

Because our OL isn't very good. We are a passing team, but there's no question that we'd be so much better if we ran more to keep defenses honest. You don't need an excuse or a garbage QB to run. We've just neglected it.

Edited by GreggTX

On 11/8/2022 at 3:46 AM, Returntoglory said:

Negative. Does not justify it. He needs run support. 

I was just being sarcastic , I would love to have a running like we had back in the early 90’s , this team would be unstoppable !! 

6 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Because our OL isn't very good.

It’s mind boggling that it’s been more then 5 years now and we CAN NOT get a running game going !! 

• Like (+1) 1

We're 13th in the league rushing YPG.  8 of the 12 above us have a low end QB situation IMO, I counted Lamar, Hurts,  Dak and  Lawrence as viable.  2 of them have a rushing QB (Lamar and Hurts).  Only 6 of those 12 teams have a winning record. 

We're where we should be with a top flight QB.  Miami, Jets,  Vikes, KC, Chargers, Cincinnati, Pat's all behind us.  Talk to me about those winning record teams critically needing to improve their running.  

On 11/8/2022 at 6:10 PM, Big Turk said:

We're never winning a SB without a better run attack.  Singletary has averaged exactly 50 yards per game in rushing over these last 4 seasons. This year he's only averaging 43 yd/game.  Ranks 38th in the NFL. Teams don't even gameplan Singletary anymore.  Play action is gone in the Bills playbook.  Just simply rush 4-5 and force Josh out of his comfort zone. Maybe you'll eventually hit him and do damage to his throwing arm.  Or you hit him on a scramble/designed run and his helmet bounces off the ground like we saw in the Jets game.  Anyone who thinks this is sustainable is delusional. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Agree 1

On 11/9/2022 at 2:10 AM, Big Turk said:

A running game opens up the field for passing as defense have to stop the run plays, and also takes pressure off Josh if he's having a bit of a slump. And we've seen before this season the run game work in the first half and we, for some reason, abandon it in the second. For contenders, it is always an option to keep defenses guessing.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

A running game opens up the field for passing as defense have to stop the run plays, and also takes pressure off Josh if he's having a bit of a slump. And we've seen before this season the run game work in the first half and we, for some reason, abandon it in the second. For contenders, it is always an option to keep defenses guessing.

They are perfectly capable of using the short passing game in the same way as they did in the Ram and Titan games

5 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Oline sucks. Josh makes them look way better than they are.

And for 4+ years Josh has been covering up all the weaknesses and flaws in our OL. This is nothing new. Make Josh Allen account for 95% of the offense. Then McD can use his top 4-5 picks on defensive busts.  Brilliant strategy. This team's only hope to win a SB is Josh Allen. How bout we put a better OL around his arse to protect him. And when I say protect him I mean BOTH pass protection and run blocking. Good Lord find OLineman that can do both. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.