Why oh why are we not establishing a running game ?

Returntoglory

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

8 carries for 24 yards.

our running backs SUCK.

it’s why we continue to draft and trade for them.

They.

Are.

Not.

Good.

It’s not the backs it’s the oline. Also the Bills don’t stick with it. They had some solid runs early on and just abandon it. I think the book is out on how to beat the Bills. I’m not saying they can’t turn this around but geez they look bad at times not just average or sloppy but down right bad. Josh should have been picked 4 times today. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DJB said:

Because we don’t have a RB that’s why. 

How many more posters are going to continue to try and tell me that Singletaey is a difference maker and we didn’t need CMC?!?!?!

We have the backs! We just are not committed to the run and today our worse fears may be realized with an injury to Allen!

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

It’s not the backs it’s the oline. Also the Bills don’t stick with it. They had some solid runs early on and just abandon it. I think the book is out on how to beat the Bills. I’m not saying they can’t turn this around but geez they look bad at times not just average or sloppy but down right bad. Josh should have been picked 4 times today. 

2 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

We have the backs! We just are not committed to the run and today our worse fears may be realized with an injury to Allen!

Guys.

We have inquired about trading for CMC and Kamara.  We drafted Singletary, then spent a 3rd on Moss. Then a 2nd on Cook. Then TRADED for Himes.

Beane and co. do not think our running backs are good. They are correct.

We don't "establish" the run, because they suck.  We don't keep feeding them, because it stops working, because they SUCK.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

Because we don’t have a RB that’s why. 

How many more posters are going to continue to try and tell me that Singletaey is a difference maker and we didn’t need CMC?!?!?!

I’m not saying Motor is CMC, but Singletary has a higher career average YPC with 4.7 vs 4.6. Pretty large sample size, too. The RB isn’t the problem.  It is the OL. Period. Yes, an upgrade would be great, but I’m not blaming the RB. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Guys.

We have inquired about trading for CMC and Kamara.  We drafted Singletary, then spent a 3rd on Moss. Then a 2nd on Cook. Then TRADED for Himes.

Beane and co. do not think our running backs are good. They are correct.

We don't "establish" the run, because they suck.  We don't keep feeding them, because it stops working, because they SUCK.

We need to stop investing in chumps and mediocre RB’s. 

We had the chance to add a game changing elite RB in CMC and wimped out.

Massive mistake

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m not saying Motor is CMC, but Singletary has a higher career average YPC with 4.7 vs 4.6. Pretty large sample size, too. The RB isn’t the problem.  It is the OL. Period. Yes, an upgrade would be great, but I’m not blaming the RB. 

Come on Augie anyone using the eye test can tell you these two are nothing alike at all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

What was weird today was they went away from all the pin and pull stuff that had worked, and went back to those bad wide zones that don’t.  

Brady had 9 pass touchdowns and only 1 pick on the season. Allen has 19 pass touchdowns and 9 picks. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.