Duds of the Game- Buf vs NYJ

VaMilBill

Allen had a bad game but in all fairness he can’t do it all himself game in game out. These days are gonna happen until someone besides Diggs starts making plays. 

Jaquon Johnson. Dude played flat out terrible. 

Leslie and McDermott… Second game in a row your getting gashed on D and they are too stubborn to put and extra LBer on the field. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

If Josh Allen has a bad game then the Bills lose. Simple as that. He's the entire offense. Can't win a championship when you only have 1 good player because people have bad games from time to time

The guy you literally named your screen name after is pretty decent too.

If the OL had not played like cheerleaders, we would have won. Having all 3 all pro candidates in our secondary sidelined by injury is also taking a big toll. Milano sat too. The secondary will be fine when everyone is healthy again. The OL is our achilles heel and a lot of opposing DC's are going to be exploiting that in the 2nd half of the season.

The DL didn't play as well as they could have, but they are still solid. It wasn't their best game, but they still weren't as awful as the OL.

If Beane isn't all in on upgrading the right side of that OL for '23, it will be a lost opportunity. Brown's bad ankle is no excuse either because he's pretty bad too. Yes Josh could have played much, much better, but he had pressure on him nearly every time he dropped back. I can't overstate how poorly our OL played.

Edited by GreggTX

1 hour ago, HunTim said:

It's easier to say who played well:

On Offence:

Diggs - Having a heck of a year so far.

Cook - Beginning to see his talent come through.

On Defence:

Edmunds - much maligned, but had a good game in the main.

This is literally it. Only a handful of guys showed up today.

I loved Cook's game and he seems to be ascending. Hooray for silver linings

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Did diddly in the second half 

Had 2 steps down the sideline and was wildly underthrown

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

GABE DAVIS.

How many passes is he going to drop?

It feels like at least 1 per game at this point, if not two.

Apparently 46%

6 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Allen

Secondary

Coaching staff for not challenging the call on the field for the clear interception by Tremaine.

Couple stats that surprised me:

Wilson only had  154 yards passing.  Watching the game it seemed like he was completing all his passes, would have thought more than 150 yards

The Bills were 8 for 13 on 3rd downs at one point 8 for 11, hard to believe they were that good on 3rd down, but only scored 17 points

If they challenged that call, they'd have only had 2 TO's left at the end of the game and never got the ball back. That like many NFL plays whichever way it was called on the field, it would stay that way.  Not enough evidence to over turn whichever way it was called.

Gene Steratore the rules expert for CBS and NOT a fan said the same, would never be over turned.   Need to stop being a fan.

6 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Bass: missing a field goal. Yes it’s 55 yards, but a lot of kickers can make that…including him. In a 3 point loss, that missed FG means a lot.  

Josh: two horrible, horrible picks that would even make Justin Fields blush. Josh couldn’t make any throws and even ones where he connected, he was off target preventing YAC. Notably is the first pass of the game to Diggs, if that is accurate, that’s a TD. Same with the overthrow of Hines and Diggs later in the game. Just a terrible performance by him. This game should be the dagger in his MVP hopes. Hopefully he’s not hurt otherwise our season is sunk. 

Jaquan Johnson: he was absolutely brutal today. Just like giving up the bomb on 3rd and 15 that would be the go ahead touchdown against Miami, he cost us this game. He had numerous missed tackles, poor instincts, bad angles, weak in coverage. The last drive alone the kept running to the weak side right at him and he couldn’t stop squat. I honestly don’t see how they can start him from now on with dean Marlowe now here. Anytime JJ is on the field, we can’t stop anything. 

Coaches: bad game plan. Seems like we didn’t have any game plan on offense at all. They just want Josh to go out and make a play which is terrible. Frazier couldn’t do anything on defense to stop the run for two weeks in a row. 

I’ll add Coaches/Bean for not finding a Johnson replacement.  Put Jackson back there if need be.  Johnson cannot start another game.  

25 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

It wasn't a hold

they need to make these reviewable or auto review inside 2 min.   Ridiculous if not a meaningful hold.  

16 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Anybody see the holding on Dawkins at the end? That better have been legitimate penalty. That ended our game. 

The guy Dawkins was blocking got tripped by one of his fellow Jets line-men, causing him to lose his balance and twist over onto his back, Dion drove him into the ground and landed on top of him. If you didn't see the trip it looked like dawkins got beat, twisted the guy over and tackled him. 

The Refs then let blatant holds by us go uncalled on all of the remaining plays. NFL officiating.... it is a mystery. 

16 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Bass: missing a field goal. Yes it’s 55 yards, but a lot of kickers can make that…including him. In a 3 point loss, that missed FG means a lot.  

Josh: two horrible, horrible picks that would even make Justin Fields blush. Josh couldn’t make any throws and even ones where he connected, he was off target preventing YAC. Notably is the first pass of the game to Diggs, if that is accurate, that’s a TD. Same with the overthrow of Hines and Diggs later in the game. Just a terrible performance by him. This game should be the dagger in his MVP hopes. Hopefully he’s not hurt otherwise our season is sunk. 

Jaquan Johnson: he was absolutely brutal today. Just like giving up the bomb on 3rd and 15 that would be the go ahead touchdown against Miami, he cost us this game. He had numerous missed tackles, poor instincts, bad angles, weak in coverage. The last drive alone the kept running to the weak side right at him and he couldn’t stop squat. I honestly don’t see how they can start him from now on with dean Marlowe now here. Anytime JJ is on the field, we can’t stop anything. 

Coaches: bad game plan. Seems like we didn’t have any game plan on offense at all. They just want Josh to go out and make a play which is terrible. Frazier couldn’t do anything on defense to stop the run for two weeks in a row. 

Yes Bass missed FG hurt & Josh had a terrible game But Frazier wasn't on the field I think that's on the players execution even Phillips said they missed a bunch of tackles so i think (Which it does happen) the team as a hole had a bad game .

The run game was working from what i've read ( i didn't watch but a piece of the game) but because this league is so pass happy they seem to always stick more to that than the run but if it's working then use it until it doesn't work then maybe it will help the Passing game .

Josh is always expected to carry this team to victory but he's going to have a game here & there like this one that he just isn't playing well & the other parts of of the team such as the run game need to carry him for a minute but learn from it & move on .

These folks saying "is it time for another kicker' & 'Frazier & the coaches called a terrible game" then the one "Beane can't build a team" dammit this is the same team that just a couple of weeks ago when they beat the Chiefs these folks were creaming their jeans but they have one bad game & it's freakin fire every body i just don't get it ...

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Justin fields has been balling. Not sure why you used him as example. Best qb of his class. 

1 hour ago, T master said:

Yes Bass missed FG hurt & Josh had a terrible game But Frazier wasn't on the field I think that's on the players execution even Phillips said they missed a bunch of tackles so i think (Which it does happen) the team as a hole had a bad game .

The run game was working from what i've read ( i didn't watch but a piece of the game) but because this league is so pass happy they seem to always stick more to that than the run but if it's working then use it until it doesn't work then maybe it will help the Passing game .

Josh is always expected to carry this team to victory but he's going to have a game here & there like this one that he just isn't playing well & the other parts of of the team such as the run game need to carry him for a minute but learn from it & move on .

These folks saying "is it time for another kicker' & 'Frazier & the coaches called a terrible game" then the one "Beane can't build a team" dammit this is the same team that just a couple of weeks ago when they beat the Chiefs these folks were creaming their jeans but they have one bad game & it's freakin fire every body i just don't get it ...

I think people are fine with Bass. He’s just not as great as we’d like to

believe. 

We really didn’t even try to run the ball. We’d run every now and then, get nothing and then proceed to throw the ball a bunch. No consistency in the running game, although outside of Josh’s big run, we weren’t very effective at all. 

this team is good. But I gotta say, Josh needs to figure it out. Whatever it is. We can’t slump very much longer. Hopefully he’s ok too

Plenty of blame to go around but Dorsey stands out on this one.  I'm a big fan of our OC but I don't understand it....going into the game we knew they could rush the passer as well as anyone in the league.  Why not run more short passes?  Screens, slants, jet sweeps, run plays, etc

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I think people are fine with Bass. He’s just not as great as we’d like to

believe. 

We really didn’t even try to run the ball. We’d run every now and then, get nothing and then proceed to throw the ball a bunch. No consistency in the running game, although outside of Josh’s big run, we weren’t very effective at all. 

this team is good. But I gotta say, Josh needs to figure it out. Whatever it is. We can’t slump very much longer. Hopefully he’s ok too

I agree but a lot of fans here say that running backs are a dime a dozen but if you look at the kid in Houston he makes stuff happen despite the lack of O line play & that directly compliments Josh alls the opponents D needs to d is focus on stopping him & game over as we saw against the Jets .

Weather the experts or fans think the run game doesn't matter they need to incorporate some good packages for those we have like they did when they used our FB lined up with the HB behind him in the Chiefs game if the Bills don't establish some kind of good ground game they will never make it to the SB it just won't happen ... IMHO 

On 11/6/2022 at 1:12 PM, KDIGGZ said:

If Josh Allen has a bad game then the Bills lose. Simple as that. He's the entire offense. Can't win a championship when you only have 1 good player because people have bad games from time to time

When Kelly had a bad day, Thurman picked up the slack.   When Thurm had a bad day, Kelly carried the load.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.