Duds of the Game- Buf vs NYJ

VaMilBill

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

How do you know he wasn't prepared?  How could you know?

You can comment on what happened on the field today, but that may or may not have had anything to do with preparation.

He’s either injured or wasn’t prepared.  

Are you aware of that 99% of what is written are opinions?  

Are you afraid that my 1 post is suddenly going to change the Bills world and create an enormous groundswell of hate?

Take a break from the action and lower your bp, but don’t bother to lecture me.  Very counterproductive.

• Vomit 1

Von Miller was a turd on most run plays aside from the TFL.

He rushes the passer on every play, even on obvious run downs. Teams are starting to run at him & he takes himself out of the play far too often. It seems every week he gets a big TFL by running down the RB from behind, that's because he's rushing the passer & in the backfield to do that. When they run to his side, he's rarely in the play. His splash plays have been huge, but we need him to affect more of the other 90% of plays as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, Watkins90 said:

I know we are all upset, but this is a really bad take. Unless someone saw somewhere that Allen has been filming these commercials in season, it likely took place in the offseason. 

Allen needs to get back to basics. He needs to work on his footwork. It's like he is forgetting everything he has worked so hard to correct. 

Dorsey needs to adjust his play calling. I felt like we continued to push the ball down the field with long developing routes when they were clearly taking that away. Underneath, underneath, underneath. Take what the defense gives you. 

Unsure if it’s a real concern or reflex after 6 terrible quarters but Josh did say that this is the first time he didn’t do anything in this offseason and just let his body rest. 

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

You can't be that incestuous with Vegas and the gambling houses and have calls like that made that literally decide the game one way or another.

I was having this thought the other day.

As time goes on, the NFL needs to make game integrity their #1 priority. They have always been wishy washy over the decades with refs and penalties and reviews and etc. They have had a very authoritative stance for a long time. "Yes, it was the correct call. End of conversation." "We stand by the ref's decision." "The play is not reviewable!" 

But now being OFFICIALLY in bed with Vegas, the fans will start tuning out. For example, that hold... In a game with so few penalties...

There's just too much murkiness and shadiness. And those calls to "New York". Those refs dressed in black during the Texans game. I mean, this isn't the military, right? Why so much compartmentalization of information? Why not make everything open-source? They're building autonomous cars and drones and robots for crying out loud. All sports AI needs is funding. 

My thoughts about the next 10-20 years:

1. Invest billions into AI that tracks the ball and field to a minute level. No more question about 1st downs, balls crossing the goal line, etc.

2. Add sensors to all players. No more question about who was in bounds or not, who was Offside first, etc.

3. Build pressure sensor technology and adjust to agreed upon levels. Everyone will know when it was holding or pass interference.

4. Make all of this data OPEN-SOURCE to the public so there is 100% transparency. All yearly rule changes will be added to the AI and given out to all teams and players to practice in the off-season. Give this to varsity and college leagues so the players can also learn to adapt.

5. There will be no more inconsistent calls or poor human judgement or "oh, I didn't see that". It will also end flopping. 

6. Over time penalties will DECREASE since all players will have their muscle memory tuned into exactly what a penalty is or isn't. The AI will always be adjusted with some give so there isn't constant penalties. 

7. This would be the end of poor calls. Since the data from every game will be released immediately (think of how All-22 is released now), Youtubers and 3rd parties could check every play and confirm that the AI was running correctly with the correct measurements. 

The only thing we would need refs for is breaking up fights and calling unsportsmanlike penalties. 

No more allegations of game fixing, no more "incompetent refs", no more "stop whining you loser fans". 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

That’s the problem when you play like garbage most of the game… you let the humanized refs get in the way.

The Bills just weren’t good enough for me to care about a holding call.

Allen sucked. The run D sucked. Fix those and none of the calls matter.  

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

Allen’s two picks cost them the game.  Both picks inexcusable 

Both picks were miscommunication. Well the first one wasn't so much a miscommunication more so than Knox not understanding what to do, he needs to get horizontal on the scramble not vertical, scramble drill 101 for a shadow receiver there, but that's meathead Knox for you. The 2nd pick a massive miscommunication Allen and the DB were on the same page, Davis was not.

Only thing working was Allen running it himself. 

Yet again mid-year fall off, it's coaching. It's inexcusable. Fix it now. Can't lose another division game.

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

Both picks were miscommunication. Well the first one wasn't so much a miscommunication more so than Knox not understanding what to do, he needs to get horizontal on the scramble not vertical, scramble drill 101 for a shadow receiver there, but that's meathead Knox for you. The 2nd pick a massive miscommunication Allen and the DB were on the same page, Davis was not.

Only thing working was Allen running it himself. 

Yet again mid-year fall off, it's coaching. It's inexcusable. Fix it now. Can't lose another division game.

That first pick was not miscommunication lol 

Just now, GolfandBills said:

That first pick was not miscommunication lol 

Like i said, not so much miscommunication but Knox not understanding what he's supposed to do.  He got vertical instead of horizontal.  Just fundamentally bad play by a guy that lacks receiver ability.

1 hour ago, AllenDaBomb said:

Knox is way too underutilized for how much we're paying him.

Hard to involve the guy more when he still screws up fundamental plays as a receiver. There's been zero growth this year and it is terrifying considering the deal he signed. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Allen

Secondary

Coaching staff for not challenging the call on the field for the clear interception by Tremaine.

I talked to my brother after the game about that Edmunds play. I thought, from the endzone angle, he had clear possession of the ball when he came down to the turf. My brother felt it was too close to overturn. My argument is that could be a game changing play. It’s worth the timeout.

I think there’s a reason the Jets hurried and snapped the ball.

That play definitely should have been challenged by the Bills sideline. Regardless of the outcome that would have been the right move.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I talked to my brother after the game about that Edmunds play. I thought, from the endzone angle, he had clear possession of the ball when he came down to the turf. My brother felt it was too close to overturn.

my argument is that could be a game changing play. It’s worth the timeout.

That play definitely should have been challenged by the Bills sideline. Regardless of the outcome that would have been the right move.

Edmunds clearly had the ball.  #87 did not have control of that ball going to the ground. 

Edited by GolfandBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

I talked to my brother after the game about that Edmunds play. I thought, from the endzone angle, he had clear possession of the ball when he came down to the turf. My brother felt it was too close to overturn.

my argument is that could be a game changing play. It’s worth the timeout.

McDermott is one of the worst head coaches in NFL with challenges.  In 6 years he's challenged 24 and won only 6. As of a couple years ago only 2 coaches in NFL history were worse than him, Labeau and Reeves. 

That was clearly an INT of you go back and watch, plenty there to overturn. Commentators just covering for refs as usual since there was no challenge. There was a clear angle with possession. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.