Duds of the Game- Buf vs NYJ

VaMilBill

3 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Bass: missing a field goal. Yes it’s 55 yards, but a lot of kickers can make that…including him. In a 3 point loss, that missed FG means a lot.  

Josh: two horrible, horrible picks that would even make Justin Fields blush. Josh couldn’t make any throws and even ones where he connected, he was off target preventing YAC. Notably is the first pass of the game to Diggs, if that is accurate, that’s a TD. Same with the overthrow of Hines and Diggs later in the game. Just a terrible performance by him. This game should be the dagger in his MVP hopes. Hopefully he’s not hurt otherwise our season is sunk. 

Jaquan Johnson: he was absolutely brutal today. Just like giving up the bomb on 3rd and 15 that would be the go ahead touchdown against Miami, he cost us this game. He had numerous missed tackles, poor instincts, bad angles, weak in coverage. The last drive alone the kept running to the weak side right at him and he couldn’t stop squat. I honestly don’t see how they can start him from now on with dean Marlowe now here. Anytime JJ is on the field, we can’t stop anything. 

Coaches: bad game plan. Seems like we didn’t have any game plan on offense at all. They just want Josh to go out and make a play which is terrible. Frazier couldn’t do anything on defense to stop the run for two weeks in a row. 

Agree on all but coaches.  We tried a lot, but can only do so much missing 3 All Pro secondary players + our best LB. 

Not to mention Groot going down with an ankle.

Jaquan Johnson needs benched, plain and simple.  Had this conversation with @GunnerBill at beginning of year, that Hamlin was the much better safety and JJ lacks too much athletically.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Gabe Davis. Dude is boom or bust. Dropped third down pass on comebacker early... last ball I get is tough with defender contact, but it hit his numbers

he has what, a dozen catches and maaaaybe 200 yards outside of the 4 deep ball highlight touchdowns?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

Yeah. I think this game seals it for me that Mahomes is the better player at this point. Josh just couldn’t do anything. 

I could careless about the Allen vs Mahomes debate. I just want Allen to start throwing the ball better. He's been concerning bad for a couple of games. 

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Josh is my choice…worst game since Jacksonville 

This team lives and dies with Josh.  When he is all-world good, we are the best team in the NFL.

When he ***** the bed, like today, we lose to the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agree on all but coaches.  We tried a lot, but can only do so much missing 3 All Pro secondary players + our best LB. 

Not to mention Groot going down with an ankle.

Jaquan Johnson needs benched, plain and simple.  Had this conversation with @GunnerBill at beginning of year, that Hamlin was the much better safety and JJ lacks too much athletically.

Yea Johnson's lack of athleticism shows up. He knows his assignment. But he just lacks the athletic ability. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea Johnson's lack of athleticism shows up. He knows his assignment. But he just lacks the athletic ability. 

He doesn’t have the IQ to read and dissect a play quickly. By the time he figures out what’s going on, he is swallowed up by an o lineman and they rip off 15 yard run 

Honestly, bass getting hit too much for missing a 55 yarded in bad conditions. We had 35 seconds to drive there, and the drive was bad. should have got him closer.

Can't get over the JA picks. The first was the moment that cost us the game. Terrible INT.  That was the back breaker first drive out.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Murdox said:

Jets deserved to win this one.  They outsmarted the Bills consistently with the vanilla playcalling.  BIlls need to regroup next week against the Vikings.

Honestly who cares about the Vikings game. We are 0-2 in the division and look terrible. And can we ditch the Allen MVP thread? Who gives a damn anyway? Just win. Losing to the Jets in this situation is unacceptable. This is why the Bills are the Bills and no one around the league ever takes them seriously

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.