Tre White inactive

Steel City Mafia

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Perhaps being a little overly cautious? It's been almost 1 full year. We've seen a lot of players come back within 9-10 months so I was surprised to see him missing any games this season to be honest

There’s a difference between being cautious and babying someone. They’re babying him at this point and the media flat out refuse to get any specificity from the staff as to what’s going on and why it’s taking so long 

23 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Perhaps being a little overly cautious? It's been almost 1 full year. We've seen a lot of players come back within 9-10 months so I was surprised to see him missing any games this season to be honest

And then go out with hamstrings (Gus Edwards) and additional surgery (Jk Dobbins). Everyone is different and there is zero harm in slow playing it

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, krf139 said:

There’s a difference between being cautious and babying someone. They’re babying him at this point and the media flat out refuse to get any specificity from the staff as to what’s going on and why it’s taking so long 

Who cares? The team has 1 loss without him. 

Tre must be okay with the treatment he's receiving, and it's his body/career.

The FO of the Bills seems to be fine with it and it's their money/investment. 

Can't understand the people complaining they don't just throw him out there.

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

Because he’s part of the team. 

33 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Because, team. He is a core part of the Buffalo Bills, a centerpiece of their locker room brotherhood. The team relationship, the culture, matters.

Just curious if Spenser Brown, Poyer, and Milano travelled with the team. Anyone have any clues? 

47 minutes ago, mrags said:

Never actually seen that word typed out. Man it looks ridiculous. 

My only thing is, why even have him travel with the team this week if you were just going to make him inactive? Seems dumb 

What if 2 CB's work up this morning with food poisoning or the flu or trip and hurt themselves getting onto the bus?  Likely no, but If they really needed him, likely he could have played so have him available.  Also as others have pointed out, gets him use to pre-game routine and back into weekly flow 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

My only thing is, why even have him travel with the team this week if you were just going to make him inactive? Seems dumb 

Discom BOB ulated. One of the most excellent words ever.

As for your second sentence, I think it's a psychological ramp up to returning to active duty. It'll make much of what happens next week seem like less of an adjustment.

59 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Sometimes high caliber athletes coming off serious injury have a harder time being mentally ready than physically ready. The knee heals but there is still some fear and uncertainty involved. Now I'm not saying with 100% certainty that is what is going on...but it really wouldn't shock me if he's going through some confidence issues in relation to how the knee will respond come game time.

He was on KB radio and said that recovery from such an injury has a "mental component" to it. So yes, you're correct.

49 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

And all athletes have the exact same injury and physiology, biomechanics, and tissue profile?

40 minutes ago, krf139 said:

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know, I feel like they're being way too cautious with him. Eventually they have to start acclimating him in. Players come back from ACL injuries just fine these days, they're treating him like he broke every bone in his body.

Truly amazing that you guys are second guessing a professional medical and training staff that has an excellent track record. The Bills have been one of the least-injured teams in the league since the beginning of the McBeane era.

But you guys know better than them?

9 minutes ago, Process said:

No need to rush him back. 

Have to wonder if it's a mental thing at this point. 

I mean he's probably not in game shape yet. So you'd what, play him for two snaps, pull him off for a bit and then two plays again.

That's a lot of time for him to get cold muscles between reps. He needs to be able to play complete series I would think before they put him on the field and have his muscle fatigue be above a certain threshold. This is all being scientifically measured by the sports medicine team, which is elite. 

50 minutes ago, krf139 said:

So what??? It's not YOUR body, and THANKFULLY you have absolutely zero say in this because that is utterly ridiculous... Blame softness and the media, wah, wah, wah... don't you people ever stop with that nonsense? He's not a damn machine!

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

I’d rather have him 100% healthy and fresh, especially for the end of the season/playoffs.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know, I feel like they're being way too cautious with him. Eventually they have to start acclimating him in. Players come back from ACL injuries just fine these days, they're treating him like he broke every bone in his body.

IMO I'm happy he isn't coming back on a surface that is pretty notorious for messing with players. 

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

who knows. Maybe there was a complication. But it’s November and I remember them allowing for debate of if he’d even start the season on PUP. At some point he’s got to get reps in though and I’m all for a few drives here and there to avoid the inevitable hamstring issue etc… now instead of December and the playoffs maybe impacted.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Well he can probably help the young guys during the game.  Never hurts to have him talking to them speeding up their learning the pro game.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.