NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

The Bills social media usually makes sense though. They should've saved it for if they beat us in Orchard Park, its going to come back and bite them in the ass.

I just think we would’ve done the same thing is all. 

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Forgot that

Didn’t work out haha

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

You sound like Rex Ryan.  He commented on that after a loss when he was HC.

I think he felt it was effeminate and a sign of masculine "weakness" that a team ran on us.

This is an outdated way to think.

Perhaps, but getting Wilson to one dimension is a legit goal. How would you stop the long Jets drive?

Bills seem to do this every season since McDermott got here. They get to week 7 or 8 and have some head scratching losses. Last year it was Colts and jags. Year before it was titans and kc (though the rescheduling could've played a part in that). They seem to hit a slump mid season, but recover fairly quick. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I'm more concerned how bad Allen has looked than actually losing. 

Wins are what's supposed to matter most, but selfishly I wanted the MVP season too.

Allen playing like this just gives credibility to all the years of criticism about his accuracy, decision making & consistency. That bothers me more than a loss right now 😵💫

Me too. Very concerned something is up with Allen. The interceptions he’s throwing right now worry me a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You’re blaming Allen for holding onto the ball for all of two seconds with no timeouts on a first and 20 trying to throw downfield I see 

What are you even talking about?  I simply said Allen getting the ball stripped, not only put us in a deep hole, but also let a ton of time run off the clock and we never recovered.

That's just a plain and simple fact.

Edited by Billz4ever

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You sound like Rex Ryan.  He commented on that after a loss when he was HC.

I think he felt it was effeminate and a sign of masculine "weakness" that a team ran on us.

This is an outdated way to think.

Really?  

Because I could see the confidence and masculinity get stripped from them with every 6 yard run from James Robinson and every whiff on Williams by Saffold or Bates.  

That stuff is legitimately very real - aside from helping you win it’s another reason why being able to run the ball and stop it is vital in this sport.  

40 minutes ago, par73 said:

Allen has gone back to the future the last couple weeks. He needs to snap out of it, or this season will slip away quickly.  OL was really bad today--- rush was getting to the QB in about 1.5 seconds.

Defense? Definitely need Milano and Poyer back (although it struggled last week with them vs the run). McDermott needs to fix the rush defense. Tired of watching them get gashed play after play (knowing the run is coming).

Running nickel when there playing big up front doesn’t seem to be working. And on top of Milano being out, and let’s face it Edmunds isn’t good and stoping the run. We need a better MLB - running backs do get pass the Dline at times and this is we’re you need your MLB to come in and make a play. See c.j Mosley!!!! 

40 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Right now, honestly, beside all the anger for this loss, how much you are worried for the final regular season standing ? 

Still confident in the first seed, or not ? 

I think sometimes a loss like this can be good for both the team and fans.  The team needs to stay focused and understand its a long season,  fans need to stop talking like our team has all pros at every position.  If the Bills can get OJB,  they need to do it.  Davis and Mckenzie are not consistent or creating enough separation and teams are just loading up to stop Diggs.  Most of Allen's passes were to backs for short gains,  not enough big chunk plays.  Last season when Allen needed a platy and Diggs was covered he could usually rely on Beasley. We have not replaced that this season.Beanne needs to get both Miller and White on a conference call Monday with OJB

1 minute ago, Beast said:

This is the same team that beat KC a couple weeks back. They are off right now and need to figure it out sooner rather than later.

a few prayers to to get our starters back asap? Shall I name them? You know who I mean Im sure. Spencer Brown we need you back stat  as well as defensive starters.

STAT

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.