NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

4 minutes ago, Flucod said:

Run d went to crap when Rosseau was injured. Jets saw that and took advantage.

No, it's because Frazier is committed to the Nickel Defense, which is designed to stop the pass, not the run.  Frazier thinks we are good enough to be able to stop the pass and the run with the Nickel.

GB demonstrated last week, our Nickel cannot stop the run.  The Jets were watching and followed that game plan. Frazier is so stubborn, he won't change it up even though it's clear the other team is intent on running the ball down our throat.

5 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Josh has to get his head out of his arse. People blame the running game and oline in the running game, but it starts and ends with Josh. He's making headscratching throws right now.

I see people saying he's playing like 2018 Allen but that's not the case. 2018 Allen want throwing ints straight to defenders. I don't know WTF is going on but Dorsey better start coaching

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

A BIG Game next week for Buffalo facing Minnesota. They are a very good team and a loss would bring Buffalo back to the pack in the East. 

If Josh plays anything like he did today, next week, we'll get killed.

Still like the overall look of the land, b/c I am assuming Josh will return to much better form soon.

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Once again in the nfl against one of the 5 best defenses in football your going to have these types of games happen. The game was tied all you needed was one stop to get the ball at midfield that’s it. 

Yes, the run defense was hideous. But it did not help that we were down four key players in Hyde, Milano, Poyer and White.

And they were shattered by the end of the game because the offense didn't do enough to stay on it.

Edited by UKBillFan

Just now, Beck Water said:

I have not made an exhaustive and systematic study.  But from what I've seen, Josh is part of the problem here.  Are these catches that a top WR in the NFL makes?  Yes. 

But from some of what I've seen, Josh is at many times, forcing difficult throws that require difficult catches, when he has shorter options that are more open underneath.  If defenses were forced to pay more attention to the underneath stuff, Davis would be more open. 

I don't know whether Josh simply doesn't trust  McKenzie and Morris and Knox, or whether he doesn't see them, but it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

Rbs are getting half his targets because no one besides Diggs can get open. Josh is taking the underneath but our WRs (outside of Diggs) are playing terrible football. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not worried, they are simply too talented. Just irritated they seem to not be able to play their best as the season wears on unless they have someone breathing down their neck or are playing from behind.

Von has helped but maybe not enough. Less joking around during the week and more executing.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Jamone said:

LAnd shart should be investigated for gambling. ******* disgraceful. Dude is terrible. Phantom holding on Diggs catch. No flags all game against the jets. Then no dpi or holding on the Davis throw. 2 arm grabs, no turning his head and putting his arms in the air. Honestly jOsh Stunk up

big time. His mvp season is done. But come the **** on. 

The league will allow us to win whatever games they see fit. It's been that way since the dawn of time.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

No, it's because Frazier is committed to the Nickel Defense, which is designed to stop the pass, not the run.  Frazier thinks we are good enough to be able to stop the pass and the run with the Nickel.

GB demonstrated last week, our Nickel cannot stop the run.  The Jets were watching and followed that game plan. Frazier is so stubborn, he won't change it up even though it's clear the other team is intent on running the ball down our throat.

Well today when Rosseau went out they started to running the ball, previously they were held in check, but whatever.

Still confident in the 1 seed and that they figure it out.  The wildly obnoxious fact that this team/staff seems to have mid-season lulls makes me less worried. 

Beyond sick of the handful of games per year where our defense is a joke given the obsessive investment into it.  I don’t really care about the injuries.  The DL was healthy.  So was Edmunds and Taron Johnson.  Figure it out.  It’s a Zach ****ing Wilson led offense. 

Bills fans, en masse, complained about the teams approach to WR.  Mouthpieces for the org assured us that we have “pass catchers” and other fairy dust nonsense.   Nope.  We all knew what we knew … Bills didn’t do enough at WR.  And here we are.  Hoping for OBJ or that Gabe Davis suddenly learns how to play reliable WR2 football.  

Bills FO is fantastic.  We’re 6-2 and in control of our destiny for the 1 seed.  

That said… this team looks soft, once again, in the middle of the season.  Correcting the course against a good Vikings team would calm a lot of us down … a loss, and McD justifiably should start feeling a slight warmth under his seat.  Just slight… No one should be there yet, but he’d be turning the stove on for alot of folks. 

I found it dubious they didn't show the critical holding penalty on the final drive.  Then Sauce was holding and grabbing Davis all the way down the field on the final play.  Before the game I was telling people Sauce is the new Stephon Gilmore, looks better than he is because he gets away with a ton of illegal contact.  It's supposed to be an emphasized penalty this year but he keeps getting away with it.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Yes, the run defense was hideous. But it did not ehelp that we were down four key players in Hyde, Milano, Poyer and White.

And they were shattered by the end of the game because the offense didn't do enough to stay on it.

I thought run D was decent until the 4th. Then it kinda fell apart

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

He had a sack and forced fumble. He did just fine 

Von did what we expect from Von.  It was the rest of the line that didn't do much.  Not very much pressure to speak of and couldn't stop the run, but the run part I blame on Frazier for playing Nickel all the time.

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Hamlin and Johnson suck. Way too much confidence they were enough with Hyde going out. 

I think Hamlin is pretty good, actually.  One of the better performances of the game.

Jaquan Johnson is too small and light I think.  He gets to the right spot then too often gets trucked. 

And who was the guy who kept flying into the backfield to make tackles and whiffing?  Pretty sure that was Johnson, trying to use velocity to overcome strength at the point of attack.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Yes, the run defense was hideous. But it did not ehelp that we were down four key players in Hyde, Milano, Poyer and White.

can’t stop the run or sustain drives with it.  

7 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Jets were playing the pass and daring us to run.  We couldn't run consistently.  When they were open, Josh was missing wide open receivers, which he normally doesn't. Two more bad INTs.  That was the difference today on the offensive side of the ball.

Not sure if I agree as we only ran it 9x outside of Allen taking off.

Even if it is only averaging 3 yards a pop you keep at it against a team with that kind of pass rush. You have to.

If they ran more 12 with Morris as the extra TE Allen has a bit more time in the pocket to settle down.

Dorsey did bring in an extra lineman and run it, but it usually served to signal the Jets to play run rather than the run coming out of your an alignment you are passing out of too.

Just feel the game plan played into the strength of a very good Jets "D". The picks, sacks, and errant throws seem to back that up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.