NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Anyone want to talk about the silent refs until the final drive?

I do. 

Terrible. How many holds happened all game long that weren’t called? And then on the final play, Gardner is all over Diggs, doesn’t have his head turned, and is clearly holding his arms. I know they’re both going for it, but the rule has ALWAYS been the defender has to turn his head. 

I know that one play doesn’t make the game, and I know that it shouldn’t come down to this. But, good teams get those calls. Favored teams get those calls. Mahomes would get it. Brady would get it. Tyrik Hill or OBJ would get that call. 

I don’t like it. 

Refs are on Jets payroll. Bad call. Clear pass interference but Davis still should have caught the ball. 

Guys,

I know we are pissed off right now, and you all have the right to be, and also have the right to vent....but let me just say this....

Yes, we lost today.  IMO, we lost the battle on both lines of scrimmage. Allen looked pretty bad yet again, AND threw an uncharacteristic red zone int for the second week in a row. I know you don't want to hear this right now, but make no mistake, this is STILL an elite football team.  Hell no we didn't play like one today, but facts are facts.  We are 6-2.  Both losses, although yes they were division losses, were away games.  Both the Jets and the Dolphins have to return to Orchard Park.  As someone pointed out, we played our worst game of the season, by far, and the Jets played a darn near PERFECT game, freakin flawless football, to come away with a 3 point victory.  Both of our losses have been by a combined total of 5 measly points.  

I have faith that this loss will light a fire underneath this whole team, players and coaches included, and they WILL rebound from this.  Noone today, and I mean noone, is above criticism.  

I'm never happy about a loss, but maybe, just maybe they needed this to happen.  Better it happen now than towards the end of the regular season.  I fully expect to see a completely different team next Sunday when we face the Vikings.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Process said:

Allen is an absolute train wreck right now. We haven't see him look this bad in years. Consistently missing wide open receivers. Throwing balls straights into defender's chests. Playing like a mobile Nathan Peterman. 

He's in a really bad funk. I'm confident he'll get back to being dominant in the playoffs...but I want it to be in Buffalo and not KC. Need him to snap out of it. 

Add in several more injuries on defense. Ugh what a disaster this game was.

You're getting some eye rolls but you're correct. I love Allen but man he is struggling at the moment. 

The offense as a whole looks bogged down. I wondered if Davis was even playing as he has disappeared. 

The bright spot for me on an otherwise awful day was Cook showing big improvement and actually fighting for yards as well as showing speed. We have to establish the run so when games are going like this we can go to the ground and establish a rhythm and give the D a rest. Without Allen's legs we get shut out of this game

Just now, IronyAbounds said:

I'm not going to comment too much on today's game because I'm so pissed, but the Bills' fanbase is anything other than spoiled. It has had to endure so much for so long. Expecting to beat a Jets team that was crushed last week by the Pats does not mean the fanbase is spoiled.

no worries Ill clarify my statement. I think we fanbase are spoiled in as far as expecting the team will be dominant each and every game. Im calling out myself too.  It requires humility to realize we can be beaten. #17 is not super human and that this team can win every game this season regardless of who is healthy and who is not. . Expectations being so high and with a couple of losses it's like for some all the air is let out of the balloon .  Im not buying it..

3 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

He was missing guys he usually hits all day long and both INTs I’m pretty sure if the WR or TE ran a different route than he thought because they were too bad for it to be any other reason. I believe it’s just an off day and he’ll get back on track next week. 

Allen had an “off day” vs Packers in 2nd half.   Today was inexcusable and he plays like this 1st half vs. Vikings I would yank him.  Not because Keenum is better, but because watching a half or whatever from sidelines sometimes helps.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.