NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, PayDaBill$ said:

We never use the tight end, needed quick hitters in this like Brady use to do. Especially with the sieve  oline. Not impressed with the offense.

its a huge issue.  They try to gain 15-20 yards too often.  Short passes can wear a D down like a good running game. 

• Like (+1) 1

This was the kind of JV crap I was resigned to during SO MANY years of 8-8 seasons...- but I thought we were supposed to be a superbowl team now???  Nope.  

Allen needs to stop believing all the media hype around him, shave that mustache and stop throwing INTS at the ten yard line. 

Teams have figured out all you need to do is pressure him and he gets hyper and he caves.    And then just run it on our Defense and you'll win.  If Green bay weren't terrible we would've lost that game in the second half...

Edited by Irish Dave

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I think Josh is missing Beasley; or at least what Beasley could bring to offense.  McKenzie has 18 catches in 8 games; averaging barely over 2 per game.  Seems to me, something is amiss there from that 3rd WR position.  As stated earlier, Davis has essentially disappeared.  

Missing Crowder hasn't helped either. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, phypon said:

Last year was our year.  Thank you Frazier.  Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it happening this year.  I never liked Frazier here.  Hope he is gone after this year's failures.  Ugh....(super knee jerk mode right now)....

No no…..it’s legit.  Its because the injuries.  They’re a massive deal and it only shows how truly week to week this league is.  

Rolling the dice on a multi-year OBJ deal seems like a real need right now. 

I really like Beane and overall he’s great, but we’re halfway through the season now and it’s obvious that they did not do enough to address WR.  

And that’s without the foresight of seeing that McKenzie is not a full time slot and Davis is not a #2. 

All the talk of “pass catchers” and positionless players … No, get a #2 if you want to be one of the pass heaviest offenses in the NFL.  

Mahomes has Kelce… and then two solid vets who can get open in MVS and Juju.

We have Diggs… and then reliable pass catchers in….  ::shrug::  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I didn’t mind the refs. They were just going to let them play all day. Not calling anything.

The one irritating thing was the hold on the last drive, when our guys were getting held on many of those big jets runs. to call the first hold of the game there was bad— but I didn’t see it and maybe it was just egregious.

How about that interception they just gave to the Jets despite the Bills having obvious possession?

For the last year or so, I’ve been saying that the Dolphins and Jets are improving and could pose a threat to the Bills, and every time, I get laughed at. Both teams have added a ton of talented players through smart trades and solid drafting…we’ve got 17, but that’s not enough…and our drafting has been average.  It will be a tough battle to win the division.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Can’t believe that last pass hit Davis right in the numbers haha 

Davis has to slowup on that and jump to make the catch. He gets clobbered by the cb and it's a automatic 1st down in fg range. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

With the game on the line and clock moving, no hustle or sense of urgency, after the fumble just let the clock run, that's 2 loses to divisional opponents. But play around with the clock in the playoffs and it may not end well. 

I was for sure thinking bills would sweep NE this year but maybe not. 

4 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

This is the result of having total dependence on Josh making big plays with his arm and his legs and having no real running game. The o-line sucked today and almost got Josh injured. The defense couldn’t stop the run last week and when it counted , couldn’t tackle and the Jets ran the ball down our throats. This team is vulnerable against good rushing defenses and sometimes Josh cannot be Superman.

And it’s been like this going on 3 years, I don’t understand why coaches don’t do something. 

Just now, Motor26 said:

Have the tiebreaker over KC, Titans and Baltimore for number 1 seed. Still control their own destiny. 

This team just lost to the Jets and Allen looks completely different. Something is wrong. The whole 2nd half against GB and all day today. There’s a real issue here and there’s no way to know it gets fixed

• Like (+1) 1

I'll keep my thoughts brief:

Poor game by Allen (despite him being our entire offense).  Bad picks two weeks in a row.  Clean it up.

The Jets defense is as good as advertised.

We have got to get healthier at some point. ( I hope )

It is a long season.  The season will not be defined by a week 9 road loss in New Jersey.

Get Milano, Rousseau, Poyer and White back for the Vikings next week and get back in the Win column.

It'll be ok everyone. 

• Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.