NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

Can’t afford to lose very winnable games, especially division games.  
We really missed Milano on defense because Milano, not Edmunds is our Pro Bowl linebacker.  

Josh had a rough passing game, but almost carried us with his running. He actually came through on the final drive, but a Dawkins holding call & a Davis drop/uncalled PI stopped us.  

Hopefully, we will be motivated enough not to let this happen again. 

3 minutes ago, Flucod said:

Elam was awful today, Jets rookie ate his lunch all day.

I have been super frustrated with Elam the last few weeks.

Dane struggled late too (who I’ve been high on). 

I don’t want anything to do with Jaquan Johonson. I don’t get why anybody was ever high on him. The Bills have a big question mark here next season. 

I’ll have to rewatch the game to see WTF happened to the run defense. We were all so high on Settle, Jones, etc. It felt like Edmunds was playing better. Earlier in the year I thought missing Poyer/Hyde really hit our play recognition. But I don’t get why it’s getting so much worse. 

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Should it really come down to that?  1 single guy every week?  Not counting on the defense to play defense, hold. Players accountable?  I'm not on the run Edmunds out of town train but he was awful today. The DL was lackluster and looked drained. Drained for nothing, just good ol fashioned run blocking. Didn't try stunts. Didn't put more fat bodies on the OL when it was clear they can't pass. 

Offense put a turnstile out there. So coaches didn't change the plan, run play action, do anything. Just kept running Josh on sneaks and hoping we get some errant lucky throw to someone.  They shut down all but Diggs and challenged us to win. We didn't

Special teams giving up a fake punt? A missed kick is ok, it happens. A kick out of bounds, can't do much. But the fake punt?  C'mon. This was a desperate team. No reason to go all in and not protect the fake. Sad. 

Josh Allen threw a bonehead INT early. Probably took 7 off the board.

Josh Allen threw a bonehead INT in the 3rd quarter after the Bills got a huge turnover. Jet score 7 on a short field.

That’s a 10-14 point swing right there and that doesn’t count his other inaccurate passes throughout the day.

The Bills are down 3 Pro-Bowl type players on defense today. Milano, Poyer and Hyde. 4 if you count Tre White.

The offense HAS TO score more than 17 and, ironically, that falls on 17’s shoulders. He was woeful throwing the ball today.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Sandhill Mike said:

It doesn't matter what we want and as fans, what good does it do you to worry and stress about it?  Each season is its own war, with battles won and lost.

Our team is 6-2 and it sounds like we're doomed on here.  I didn't like the game either but I've been watching this sport long enough to know that week in and week out, games don't go as expected.  

I'm concerned about our depth, particularly on defense and whether or not Josh is okay. 

I'm not placing bets on the Jests or Fins to win the division because we lost one game on the road to what I consider to be a very tough divisional rival.  Our team left at least six sure points on the field in a game they lost by three... and that's with all the other problems.

We don’t get the number 1 sees in the playoffs and we aren’t going to the super bowl. That’s all I’m saying. And today probably cost us a real shot at it. Also, other teams are going to copy what the Jets did today. This offense is in trouble unless they get something turned around immediately. And this defense still can’t stop the run. Not having Milano sucks and I think we are better off playing Dodson. Edmunds had a chance to really step up today. This defense was pushed around from start to finish.

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

This is the result of having total dependence on Josh making big plays with his arm and his legs and having no real running game. The o-line sucked today and almost got Josh injured. The defense couldn’t stop the run last week and when it counted , couldn’t tackle and the Jets ran the ball down our throats. This team is vulnerable against good rushing defenses and sometimes Josh cannot be Superman.

I don't want him to be superman all the time. Being a passable Quarterback is enough sometimes.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Good recap.  Minny.  hahaahah.  They will kill us.  I’ll be driving up for it.  

our lines a d depth is a problem.  also getting run on late in games.  Need a better MLB.  Run a 4-3 and put Edmunds outside.  

Based on what? They were losing to the Commanders and were in a 17-17 game late in the 4th and scraped by with a 20-17 win.

3 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Eagles should probably be SB favorites. Need to concentrate on business (no more distractions, Kyle Brandt & Pat McAfee kissing their ass appearances). Leslie has to get out of Nickle sometimes (stop being pig headed). Allen needs to get himself straight & Dorsey has to get someone not named Diggs involved as a WR. Starting to think we NEED OBJ. The collapse of the O the last game & a half is really alarming.

IF I’m McD or Pegs or whoever, Josh show is cancelled on Brandt.  Learn how to read a D.  Idiot play from 3 years ago is back. 

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Good recap.  Minny.  hahaahah.  They will kill us.  I’ll be driving up for it.  

our lines a d depth is a problem.  also getting run on late in games.  Need a better MLB.  Run a 4-3 and put Edmunds outside.  

Minny just struggled to get past Washington on the road. Confident Bills right the ship at home next weekend. 

We need to get our D healthy ASAP.

We desperately need Tre back

God did we ever miss Millano today

We need to pray that Poyer can get healthy and return...and stay healthy. 

Josh needs to fix his turnovers.

I miss the aggressive play calling. Where has it been the past 2 weeks? Feels like we didn't pressure much today and that Frazier called a passive/Safe game.  Seems uncharacteristic of him.

We also need Spencer Brown back....like yesterday

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Bills failed to adjust their defense and opted to not run a 7 man heavier front on defense. Milano absence was missed as Bernard looked overwhelmed. Johnson took some bad angles on sideline toss sweeps indicating Poyer also missed. Allen throwing Red Zone picks is never a good sign. Bass miss from 55 was bad. Allen’s 2nd pick was bad, and led to a short field and a quick 7 points. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.