NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

Stop with this stuff, makes you look petty. Endorsements aren’t making him play bad, but comments like this make you look bad 

I would prefer him to pull out of Kyle Brandt's podcast and just go persona non grata other than official engagements this week, though. Get grounded again.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Protocal69 said:

I got a idea what the problem is on offense. TEAMS have decided to cover Gabe Davis with there #1 corner and double team Diggs and are forcing the someone else on offense to beat us. This is causing Josh to hold on to the ball a little while longer and leading to turnovers.

The Pro is most teams aren't able to do that unless you have a good # 1 corner

The Con is most of the PLAYOFF TEAMS have a good #1 corner

The answer is we have to get Dawson Know rolling and we need a DEPENDABLE slot receiver. I wanted OBJ but if we didnt get him it wouldnt mean the end of the world BUT NOW we have to have him. He had the ability to win vs man or zone from the slot and thats what is needed right now.

I might be wrong but that what I feel until I can look at the ALL-22

Yeah it's obvious what teams are doing. It should be obvious how to counter it. Knox, McKenzie, Kumerow, and our RBs should all be heavily involved in the passing game and they're not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

He plays nickle now with a green secondary.  I want to see a 4-3 defense. 

The Jets literally copied what GB did the second half of last week and Frazier failed to adjust.

When you're up by 17, play nickel all you want.  If the game is close, you better make adjustments, or they will run it down your throat.  And they did.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Eagles should probably be SB favorites. Need to concentrate on business (no more distractions, Kyle Brandt & Pat McAfee kissing their ass appearances). Leslie has to get out of Nickle sometimes (stop being pig headed). Allen needs to get himself straight & Dorsey has to get someone not named Diggs involved as a WR. Starting to think we NEED OBJ. The collapse of the O the last game & a half is really alarming.

Nah, it's KC at the moment.

Just now, Roundybout said:

Because Frazier refuses to adjust his defense. Said it for a long time, he’s the weak link. 

I posted earlier that I've liked our ability to adjust in the last year or two.  I honestly think we're getting so thin on defense and offensive line, the coaches are limited in what they can try during a game.

Tough loss... I hate the Jests, I get the frustration.

But we've got Josh Allen and if we can make the playoff picture, anything goes.  Today's loss (assuming Josh's arm is good) didn't change that.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Not even close. The only person on offense that played consistently great football was Diggs. On defense we are down a bunch of starters. We needed more players including our star QB to make big plays in critical moments.

This is true but how many times dose it seem like it’s all on Allen and diggs, we can’t never just line up and run the ball it’s Allen being super man or nothing. KC counts on mahomes too but they do run the ball and Andy Reid calls a great game. I just think Allen needs help it can’t be on him to throw 45 times a game. Or your going to get in situation like this playing against a team with a great front 4 teeing off on Allen. Oline in the draft has to be priority. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is the result of having total dependence on Josh making big plays with his arm and his legs and having no real running game. The o-line sucked today and almost got Josh injured. The defense couldn’t stop the run last week and when it counted , couldn’t tackle and the Jets ran the ball down our throats. This team is vulnerable against good rushing defenses and sometimes Josh cannot be Superman.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

I would prefer him to pull out of Kyle Brandt's podcast and just go persona non grata other than official engagements this week, though. Get grounded again.

It’s an hour out of his week-I would be more concerned if he felt he couldn’t handle it 

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

The AfterBlow:

1. Buffalo left six points on the field between Bass missing and that early INT by Josh.  Difference in the game.

2. Second week in a row a team has run on the Bills.  Not pretty

3. Injuries mounting up.  Elam, Johnson and now maybe Allen too

4. JETS, give them their due.  They fought to the last down.

5. I don't think Diggs had both feet down.

6. Allen with two more BAD INTS in a game.

7. Weird play call to see Hines on that deep sideline.  Just missed him.

8. In fact Allen's day was punctuated by "just missed him"

9. Jets throwing sidelines sweeps was seemingly unstoppable by Bills.

10. A lot of missed tackles by Buffalo.

11.  On to Minnestota

Good recap.  Minny.  hahaahah.  They will kill us.  I’ll be driving up for it.  

our lines a d depth is a problem.  also getting run on late in games.  Need a better MLB.  Run a 4-3 and put Edmunds outside.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.