NFL Week #9 - 11/6/22 GAMEDAY Bills at Jets Pregame Thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’m not saying he played well, but did he really have most of his tackles 7-10 yards down the field, or are you just rolling with the same argument that had been used in the past and just assumed it’s true here? 

Here is what really happened last week.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/11/3/23437862/bills-packers-game-analysis-tremaine-edmunds-all-22

• Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

Yea why dont we rush an allpro back for a week 9 matchup when we are trying to win a superbowl!  He shouldnt be on the sideline supporting his team and getting used to gamedays again!  I WANT IT NOW!!! Grrrrrr

End of Sarcasm

A full YEAR with no setbacks, off the PUP, activated, makes the flight but not dressing is RUSHING??

Stay in school, Kids

14 minutes ago, wjag said:

Milano out again.  One of my favorite players but he does seem to be getting a rep as an oft injured player.

He does have an injury history.

As much as I love his play, I would not be shocked if he was not with us next year.

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

A full YEAR with no setbacks, off the PUP, activated, makes the flight but not dressing is RUSHING??

Stay in school, Kids

Superbowl is in 14 weeks not right now.  Even if we do lose this game it is not the end of the world.

We have been playing with these CBs for 8 weeks now and they have held there own goin 6-1 against the last 3 MVPS and the superbowl champs.  If one more week of rest gets Tre from 80% to 90% you can take it.  Its the luxury we have had with the rookies stepping up.

A setback would be getting hurt in this game when he isnt 100%

Edited by Mr Wild

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Stay in school, Kids

TRUST the coaches/training staff/Tre in this situation, for all reasons stated by others.  

Also, Coachs comments and Tres interview this week made it fairly known he wasn't dressing this week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Stay in school, Kids

The Jests aren't exactly showing out as the next greatest show on turf. They are definitely a 'run first' team atm. I'm not sure it's worth the risk of throwing Tre into it just yet.

The thought has also crossed my mind, that leaving him another week, is, in part, because they need extra LBers with Milano out, and feel extra safety help might be needed with Poyer out as well.

So, in essense, the Jest WRs aren't scaring Frazier and McDermott enough, to need Tre out there, but other areas might need boosting.

If Milano and Poyer were both healthy, I think they might have included him and got his feet wet.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

?? The guy practices all week. Coach puts his azz on the plane then gets to the stadium and McDermott decides ‘Nah, Eff it. Sityerazz down!’

😡

I doubt that was a last minute decision.  There is absolutely no reason to risk Tre on that lousy field against an anemic pass offense.  He has had what, two weeks of practice?  After sitting for a year, no preseason, training camp, etc?  He was never going to play today. Let him have another week of practice.  They need him against the Vikings.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I swear people act like we're playing the Chiefs this week.  We beat KC at their house with no Tre.  Why do we need Tre so badly against a team nowhere near as good as KC and who have a field known to have issues?

Although, I am in the camp that thanks it’s the right decision to let White sit out the week, I think there is an argument to be made that we need him to start getting back into game shape and up to game speed. But, like you said, there are 14 weeks in which to do that and we are dealing with a player who has shown to be very adept at Gameday preparation and a guy who has a reputation for going all out in practice.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

?? The guy practices all week. Coach puts his azz on the plane then gets to the stadium and McDermott decides ‘Nah, Eff it. Sityerazz down!’

😡

I'm about 99.99% certain White has known since about Friday he wasn't not playing today.  Nothing new inside the locker room. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

I doubt that was a last minute decision.  There is absolutely no reason to risk Tre on that lousy field against an anemic pass offense.  He has had what, two weeks of practice?  After sitting for a year, no preseason, training camp, etc?  He was never going to play today. Let him have another week of practice.  They need him against the Vikings.  

I thought it was pretty clear from the interview with Tre and the coaches that he wasn't going to play this week.  Guess some people took those a different way.

• Agree 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Laugh all you want.

The Bills will have decisions to make with upcoming contracts for their younger players.

I love Milano, but he's pushing 30, and we can't keep everyone.

They drafted Bernard with that eventuality in mind, whether it’s next year or a another year or two down the road.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Laugh all you want.

The Bills will have decisions to make with upcoming contracts for their younger players.

I love Milano, but he's pushing 30, and we can't keep everyone.

He is signed for 2 more years.  And if we cut him in the offseason its $8,672,000 of dead cap.... Hes here next year

I don’t know if it’s been said before, but this WGR pregame show with Nate Geary and Joe DiBiassi is absolutely BRUTAL.  holy crap.  Where do they find these guys?  It’s like listening to a couple of hopped-up 11 year olds discuss football (not in a good or cute way, either).

• Agree 2