Hilarious SNL skit about Jets/Bills game.

Bubba Gump

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

They have some pretty good fans but they are offended that you have the nerve to wear a Bills jersey in their stadium. Philly is the same way

on bus ride to or from parking lot(I forget)-  the bus ride itself very memorable.  It was probably 55% Bills fans, 45% Jets fans.  They tried starting stupid J-E -T-S chant, we loudly sang Shout song, drowning out Jets fans.  I was ad libbing lines

"Only one team plays in New York"

"The Jets play in Giants stadium"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

The penchant for people to have such visceral reactions to comedy if it doesn’t grab them is interesting. You don’t get that with drama, action or other genres.

This was a silly skit. Not great. Not awful. Average. That’s it.

if you dissect More Cowbell, Jane You Ignorant Slut, Isn’t That Special, David S Pumpkins to death you can find them pretty unfunny pretty fast.

When it first aired, I had to check out the pumpkin one that many found hilarious. 
For me, it was nothing but stupid. Yet, a lot of people raved about it. 
Different strokes for different folks. 
There used to be a blubbery fat guy in the end zone seats at Falcons games who did the stirring the pot dance and other gyrations when they scored, and he was put on camera for everyone to laugh about. Huh!? How is that funny? 
But somehow, it was repeated for years for everyone’s amusement. 
The poor guy has either successfully lost weight or has type 2 diabetes and a heart condition, or (hopefully not) succumbed to the effects of gross obesity. 
Regardless, the humor mocking him escapes me….as does 95% of anything SNL has put on in decades. 

Just now, SoMAn said:

When it first aired, I had to check out the pumpkin one that many found hilarious. 
For me, it was nothing but stupid. Yet, a lot of people raved about it. 
Different strokes for different folks. 
There used to be a blubbery fat guy in the end zone seats at Falcons games who did the stirring the pot dance and other gyrations when they scored, and he was put on camera for everyone to laugh about. Huh!? How is that funny? 
But somehow, it was repeated for years for everyone’s amusement. 
The poor guy has either successfully lost weight or has type 2 diabetes and a heart condition, or (hopefully not) succumbed to the effects of gross obesity. 
Regardless, the humor mocking him escapes me….as does 95% of anything SNL has put on in decades. 

David Pumpkins is a national treasure

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

They have some pretty good fans but they are offended that you have the nerve to wear a Bills jersey in their stadium. Philly is the same way

one year hubby and I wore Bills jersey to the LA Coliseum to watch a Bills-Raiders game. We called for tickets and asked to be in the same section as the away visiting team Bills fans.  They put us in the same section alright. Except the Bills fans were in the nosebleeds hubby and I smack dab in the middle of Raider season ticket holders close to the field.  A few tried to provoke us. They silly stringed us, lots of glares and a few comments. I flashed this one guy a peace sign and then they calmed down  Once they realized we were there to just watch football and not be a-holes they warmed up to us and we had an absolute blast. There was this guy with a plastic shot glass on a necklace and we shared shots lol Oh My. Fun memory. Bills won in OT. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Another funny one from last night.  Maybe this has a "world appeal:"

Watch it sometimes while prepping Sunday breakfast.

The covid one was the funny skit of the show. A lot of meh and worn out Schumer trying to Elicit “I can’t believe she said that thing laughter…” in between. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.