Diggs on track for record breaking season

Inigo Montoya

Though just 7 games in a 17 game regular season Diggs already has 55 receptions for 764 yards and 7 TDs.  This is more notable when you consider the first part of the season that the Bills just completed is likely the most difficult part of the schedule.

If Diggs keeps pace for the rest of the season he is on track for 1,855 yards receiving, 133 receptions, and 17 TDs.

Diggs already holds the franchise records for receptions (127) and receiving yardage (1,535).  Bill Brooks holds the franchise record for receiving TDs with 11 set in 1995.  Diggs had 10 TD receptions last season.

The crazy thing is that it doesn't even seem like Diggs is working hard to do it.  At the end of every game I think to myself that Diggs had another good game and when I check the box score I'm surprised by how much production he actually racked up.  He is probably going to break every franchise receiving record this season and is making it look easy.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Though just 7 games in a 17 game regular season Diggs already has 55 receptions for 764 yards and 7 TDs.  This is more notable when you consider the first part of the season that the Bills just just completed is likely the most difficult part of the schedule.

If Diggs keeps pace for the rest of the season he is on track for 1,855 yards receiving, 133 receptions, and 17 TDs.

Diggs already holds the franchise records for receptions (127) and receiving yardage (1,535).  Bill Brooks holds the franchise record for receiving TDs with 11 set in 1995.  Diggs had 10 TD receptions last season.

The crazy thing is that it doesn't even seem like Diggs is working hard to do it.  At the end of every game I think to myself that Diggs had another good game and when I check the box score I'm surprised by how much production he actually racked up.  He is probably going to break every franchise receiving record this season and is making it look easy.

Everyone is talking about T. Hill being on pace for a 2k season though I believe he only has 2 TDs. His targets are ridiculous though. Teams are letting him get his yards as long as they don't let him in the EZ. I may be a little bias but I think when you consider Speed, Hands, Route Running, Productivity, Durability, IQ and passion for the game and his team mates Stef is the best in the league. 

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Everyone is talking about T. Hill being on pace for a 2k season though I believe he only has 2 TDs. His targets are ridiculous though. Teams are letting him get his yards as long as they don't let him in the EZ. I may be a little bias but I think when you consider Speed, Hands, Route Running, Productivity, Durability, IQ and passion for the game and his team mates Stef is the best in the league. 

Keep in mind though, Hill is doing that with Tua/backups as his QB, whereas Diggs has Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Diggs is amazing and I hope he crushes his own franchise records this year and takes the single season franchise TD record too.

His amazing season is being completely eclipsed by the Dolphins embracing the "**** it throw it to Tyreek" strategy though, 2k is a very real possibility.

Tyreek is a fantastic receiver.

I watched the last couple Dolphins games because I had some fantasy football interests in them.  Tua is throwing bad balls that should be intercepted, at least three last week, and every "deep shot" to Hill is badly underthrown and he has to come back and compete for the ball.  Hill is having a great season in spite of Tua's poor play.

People who say Tua is having a great season only look at the box score.  Watching the actual game reveals a QB who is enjoying a fair amount of luck and who is being bailed out by his receivers multiple times a game.  I don't think that is sustainable.

• Agree 5

59 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I watched the last couple Dolphins games because I had some fantasy football interests in them.  Tua is throwing bad balls that should be intercepted, at least three last week, and every "deep shot" to Hill is badly underthrown and he has to come back and compete for the ball.  Hill is having a great season in spite of Tua's poor play.

People who say Tua is having a great season only look at the box score.  Watching the actual game reveals a QB who is enjoying a fair amount of luck and who is being bailed out by his receivers multiple times a game.  I don't think that is sustainable.

Did you see Tuas post game conference where he taunted the media by saying” how do you like my deep balls” or something to that effect

2 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

Keep in mind though, Hill is doing that with Tua/backups as his QB, whereas Diggs has Allen.

It’s the end zone that counts, ask Green Bay. Sure his yards will be impressive though and your point of doing with Tua and others is noted, just not as impressive we’re here to score and make the bigger impact. 

1 hour ago, Herb Nightly said:

If the Bills cruise toward the playoffs I expect Diggs to be 'rested" so records might be out of reach. 

Possible!  I don't give a crap about records of this type anyway.  

They are absolutely meaningless to me.  What matters is that he is good and consistently very productive.

How the is reflected in specific statistics is unimportant.

Diggs might care! But not me.

Win the damned SB!  Stay focused on target!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

My six fingered man, I agree.  Even though I live in Tampa, we still get a bunch of Fish games.

im not going to bash Tua, but he’s an avg QB.  He’s not even close to the top 10.  

I was concerned with the amt. of $ Ross would give Brady in terms of part ownership, but he’s look bad lately.  With an excellent line it’s still conceivable Brady takes the Fish gig next year.  With those two WR’s and Gesecki, he could be decent, but I’ll still take JA17 all day long.

Besides, I’d love to see Von and GROOT put Marsha, marsha, Marsha into the dirt four times in each game.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

You mean like 4 easy INTS dropped by the Pittsburgh defense. 😂

Let's not forget the easy walk in pick 6 Milano dropped.😤

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

He's a phenomenal talent no doubt. I just feel Diggs is a better "all around" WR. 

Diggs is definitely the better all around receiver. But not necessarily the better WR overall. Hill's speed just sets him apart from every WR.  What Hill is doing is amazing. People weren't quite sure what he would do without Mahomes. He's proving how great he really is this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

If the Bills cruise toward the playoffs I expect Diggs to be 'rested" so records might be out of reach. 

Or as I prefer to speculate records will already be set and the current record holder rests up for some records in playoffs. But that's my preference when I try to imagine future facts. You imagine your way I'll stick with my imagination. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Diggs is definitely the better all around receiver. But not necessarily the better WR overall. Hill's speed just sets him apart from every WR.  What Hill is doing is amazing. People weren't quite sure what he would do without Mahomes. He's proving how great he really is this year. 

this !

I think Hill, Digss and Jefferson are in a completely different planet...they are better than Kupp and Kelce. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.