Will Kamara get "Rice'd"?

Beck Water

I don’t know the details, and fighting is stupid as an adult,  but he didn’t cold #### his wife.

He hit some guy who from what I read was aggressive to him.  I’ve been in a lot of fights as a youth, but grew up.  I can literally walk away from anything if it doesn’t involve harm to my children.

4 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The pictures were much worse than the video. Doubt he sees any suspension till next year.

Damn can we all agree if you're going to pick one time to behave, it should be in the hallway of a hotel, where there are always cameras

Law breakers generally aren’t known for their smarts. 

“Will Kamara get Rice’d?” is a very silly question in this case. Kareem Hunt didn’t get Rice’d and this was no worse. HUGE difference from a male on male attack than a male on female attack. And it’s pretty obvious Kamara didn’t just pick out a random guy to attack. I’m sure he overreacted but anyone with common sense knows it’s likely the other guy provoked em somehow. This will be a simple suspension.

• Like (+1) 1

My question is if this happened in February why on earth is he still playing? There is a big difference between a fight or self defense than whatever that is... multiple "men" stomping on a guy who got knocked over is not a fight. Or self defense. Kamara was involved in a flat out assault on camera and he hasnt even been suspended 

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The pictures were much worse than the video. Doubt he sees any suspension till next year.

Damn can we all agree if you're going to pick one time to behave, it should be in the hallway of a hotel, where there are always cameras

True fact. Las Vegas has one of the highest sudden cardiac death survival rates in the country.  Many believe it is related to cameras and security everywhere, such that when someone does have a cardiac arrest it is seen more quickly and CPR started earlier. 

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

“Will Kamara get Rice’d?” is a very silly question in this case. Kareem Hunt didn’t get Rice’d and this was no worse. HUGE difference from a male on male attack than a male on female attack. And it’s pretty obvious Kamara didn’t just pick out a random guy to attack. I’m sure he overreacted but anyone with common sense knows it’s likely the other guy provoked em somehow. This will be a simple suspension.

Hopefully someone who thinks like this is never selected for jury duty. 

19 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Nobody here has ever been in a fight? 

Maybe I'm old-fashioned or I've seen too much, but that video was rated G. 

I was at work a few years back and a discussion about who’s ever had their head kicked in developed and I was really surprised at the amount of men, mostly 35-50 yrs of age who had NEVER been in an actual physical fight in adulthood.

9 minutes ago, julian said:

I was at work a few years back and a discussion about who’s ever had their head kicked in developed and I was really surprised at the amount of men, mostly 35-50 yrs of age who had NEVER been in an actual physical fight in adulthood.

How the hell do adults get into fights? Since I was 21 I have never been close to a fight. Unless someone is messing with one of my kids or wife i can't imagine a situation where I throw punches to injure. 

11 minutes ago, julian said:

Yeah once you get in your 20s you learn how to stand up for yourself, bluff that you're going to fight, and then both sides walk away with their dignity intact. 

In your 30s fights aren't really necessary anymore unless it's a serious situation. 

It's also a class thing. For example, people growing up in certain countries never really stop fighting. 

Should Kamara be involved in hotel hallway fights? No. Was he instigated? Probably. Should he have walked away or let his entourage/security handle it? Of course. 

But these are men who bang their heads and bodies at full speed against giant men for a living. Maybe the problem is with us for expecting better behavior out of them? 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

How the hell do adults get into fights? Since I was 21 I have never been close to a fight. Unless someone is messing with one of my kids or wife i can't imagine a situation where I throw punches to injure. 

I agree, I moved in with my wife at age 21 and haven’t had another physical altercation since, but between the age of 18-21 it was too numerous to remember.

I believe it depends on where and how you were raised that has enormous influence. I just grew up around people and in an area where fighting was prevalent.

It’s obvious most people never have that experience and good for them, wish I had a different past in that regard.

On 11/5/2022 at 3:08 PM, Beck Water said:

..by which I mean, the NFL knows about something, but actually only takes action once the video comes out?

And this video looks pretty bad.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/05/new-video-shows-alvin-kamara-attacking-man-in-las-vegas/

PFT predicts "no", but sometimes public reaction to actual video footage seems to spur action

The incident in question occurred last February.

No because he hit a man and Rice hit a women, true equality doesn't exist -- punching a women is worse than pouncing a man, and rightfully so. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.