Are there any bands/music acts from whom you like just one song?

Logic

On 11/4/2022 at 6:32 PM, Logic said:

Like the title says: Are there any bands/singers from whom you just like ONE song and that's it?

You're not listening to whole albums, you're not going to see them in concert. You just dig the one tune and you can happily leave the rest.

For me it's Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen. I know, I know. Sacrilege. I'm just not a Springsteen guy.

Thunder Road, though -- and particularly the version of it at the link below -- So damned good. Could (and have) listen(ed) a thousand times.

senor Logic: you had no way to know this. But this particular song contains my favorite lyric of all time. And this rendition you posted is Iconic as you will see. Please click and listen for Bruce to intro the song on my youtube post. It is indeed a love note from 1975. It nearly made me cry . that's what great music does.

just beautiful thanks for posting.

Im waiting for someone to post Black Velvet. noone has yet

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, muppy said:

senor Logic: you had no way to know this. But this particular song contains my favorite lyric of all time. And this rendition you posted is Iconic as you will see. Please click and listen for Bruce to intro the song on my youtube post. It is indeed a love note from 1975. It nearly made me cry . that's what great music does.

just beautiful thanks for posting.

Im waiting for someone to post Black Velvet. noone has yet

I agree that Thunder Road is Springsteen's best, but not with the hillbilly twang and not in the OP zzzzzzz and certainly not in the studio.

1978 thru 1981 with full E-Street Band is the show-stopper ticket for me, gotta have the Big Man.

Edited by Rico
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Rico said:

I agree that Thunder Road is Springsteen's best, but not with the hillbilly twang and not in the OP zzzzzzz and certainly not in the studio.

1978 thru 1981 with full E-Street Band is the show-stopper ticket for me, gotta have the Big Man.

he was so young in 1975. From those beginnings he built a fanbase based off of touring and playing those 4 plus hour shows. I respect him because he is a great musician and songwriter. Once you saw him live you likely (usually)  then became a huge fan.  And Yes Bruce had a stellar backing band of course across the board

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/4/2022 at 9:32 PM, Logic said:

Like the title says: Are there any bands/singers from whom you just like ONE song and that's it?

You're not listening to whole albums, you're not going to see them in concert. You just dig the one tune and you can happily leave the rest.

For me it's Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen. I know, I know. Sacrilege. I'm just not a Springsteen guy.

Thunder Road, though -- and particularly the version of it at the link below -- So damned good. Could (and have) listen(ed) a thousand times.

I’ll second Springsteen - just not a fan of most of his stuff and I’ll likely scan stations if his song is on the radio. Except for “ Born to Run” . Have to say there’s just an energy to that track that I like. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

he was so young in 1975. From those beginnings he built a fanbase based off of touring and playing those 4 plus hour shows. I respect him because he is a great musician and songwriter. Once you saw him live you likely (usually)  then became a huge fan.  And Yes Bruce had a stellar backing band of course across the board

Yes, a great live show (not a big fan of the studio stuff). He's 3rd on my most-seen behind the Stones and Dylan.

• Thank you (+1) 1

There are a massive number of songs I like from bands I don't like/don't know/etc.  But in the spirit of the thread, these two songs came to mind. The connection, obviously, is in the name of the bands:

Head East:

Go West:

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Dean said:

There are a massive number of songs I like from bands I don't like/don't know/etc.  But in the spirit of the thread, these two songs came to mind. The connection, obviously, is in the name of the bands:

Head East:

great tune. song would kick off the midnight hour, dance floor would fill up. way back, in the day...

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I could name a lot of one hit wonders but don't think that's the point here

This one won't go over well, but I just never had any interest in the Grateful Dead. Mid 90's got a greatest hit type album to see what I'd been missing but for the most part it didn't resonate. Except Franklins Tower which I love. Probably wasn't this version:

• Like (+1) 1

Very cool topic/thread.

I'm sure I'm not the only one fighting the urge to say, "but you're wrong!!!" to some people.  But that's the beauty of music.  It sounds and means something different to each individual and there is no right or wrong.

Unless someone posts a Yoko Ono song ... then you're painfully wrong.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

It is interesting how many people are giving one hit wonders as their answers.  I'm going with a couple of very well known bands and one in particular that will probably having me dodging tomatoes, and it is probably even more surprising that it's these two bands as I am Canadian and I might have to forfeit my passport if the authorities ever found out.

First one...great song, meh band

And here's the second...ducking those tomatoes now!  I only like this tune because I don't have to deal with Geddy Lee's screeching vocals!

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Very cool topic/thread.

I'm sure I'm not the only one fighting the urge to say, "but you're wrong!!!" to some people.  But that's the beauty of music.  It sounds and means something different to each individual and there is no right or wrong.

Unless someone posts a Yoko Ono song ... then you're painfully wrong.

Yes, that’s one of the things that I have had to work on: no one’s opinion is ever wrong. All my takes in this thread & elsewhere are only my opinion and nothing more.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.