Are there any bands/music acts from whom you like just one song?

Logic

Like the title says: Are there any bands/singers from whom you just like ONE song and that's it?

You're not listening to whole albums, you're not going to see them in concert. You just dig the one tune and you can happily leave the rest.

For me it's Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen. I know, I know. Sacrilege. I'm just not a Springsteen guy.

Thunder Road, though -- and particularly the version of it at the link below -- So damned good. Could (and have) listen(ed) a thousand times.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I absolutely HATE The Beach Boys. Most top recording artists praise them. McCartney loves Brian Wilson and especially their ‘66 LP Pet Sounds.
 I think lead vocalist Mike Love (not the one on the Bills) is a giant douche with a vocal range of maybe a single octave. 
Their songs are gay AF. 
One song I sort of like that has a little R&B vibe is ‘Sail On Sailor’. 
Turns out they weren’t pleased with vocal attempts by any band members so they got non-member, singer/guitarist Blondie Chaplin to handle lead vocal. 
Ironically, the one song by them that I like is the only one that Brian Wilson hates. 
What The Beach Boys sound like to my ears:

Edited by SoMAn
  • Haha (+1) 4

8 hours ago, f0neguy said:

The band is “James” and the song is “Laid”.  Everything else they did was awful.

Love that song. Literally have never heard another song by them and haven't cared to try. So I guess I'm in the same boat with you on this one!

I've been thinking about this and finally thought of a pretty good example.

Tom Petty.  I generally do not like his music, don't own any, and wouldn't go out of my to listen to his music, but for a single song!  

"Don't come around here no more".

I not only really like that song, it is on of my favorite songs of all time in any genre...and I listen to many different genres of music, most of which are NOT "popular music."

But there is something about that song;  I remember seeing the music video when it came out, with the "Alice in Wonderland" theme to it, and fell in love with the video and the song.

For me, it's a great song...but about the only thing (that I know of) that I'd listen to from Petty.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.