Do you see the Josh Allen era Bills as having a "window"?

Success

Just curious what others think - because I see that all the time on opposing fans message boards, and I don't relate to it.

I think the window will be WIDE open as long as JA is QB, and Beane is GM.  I don't need any more proof from either. JA is elite, and Beane seems like a wizard w/ the cap, who knows how to build an A1 team for today, and also keep an eye on building a model for success that's sustainable.  We'll lose players like all great teams do, but he is a very good drafter, finds gems in FA, and has a real vision for keeping this team in contention.

I think we'll be knocking on the door for a title every year for at least a decade.  I tend to lean homer, but I also think this is objective based on how good these guys are at their jobs.

What say you?

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Pretty much agree

Same although there may be a down year here or there while they reload. By down year like 9-8 or 10-7 and might miss the playoffs.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

As long as Josh is our QB, our window is WIDE open

Dream Agency GIF by Kochstrasse™

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Same although there may be a down year here or there while they reload. By down year like 9-8 or 10-7 and might miss the playoffs.

We won’t be missing any playoffs with Josh ever 

• Agree 1

I think we can be optimistic about the future without being overconfident. There’s always a window and it’s never certain when it will close.

Look at the Colts. That looked like it would be a decade-long run, with great weapons, a great defense, and Andrew Luck. Then he retired.

Look at the Texans. I would have imagined they’d win at least one SB with a 24 year old Deshaun plus Deandre Hopkins.

Look at Seattle. Unbeatable defense with a young superstar QB, great fan base and front office… unbelievable WR tandem… then the window closed fast.

Being overconfident or promising yourself 10 years of success is dangerous. That’s why every single year counts these next few.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I see several windows. This one has probably 3 years. When Von Miller, Diggs, Poyer, Hyde, White, Dawkins and Edmunds are either gone or have moved toward the back end of their careers, we hope another window has opened with a new set of young, controllable, and less costly assets to surround around Josh.

As has been mentioned, the playoff caliber team window has 10-12 years in a row with a healthy #17. Hopefully 2-3 championship windows present themselves.

That is why this year is so important. This is a good window and windows like these are rarely as open as this one right now. All Aboard!

Edited by Wizard
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I gotta say I think, unlike Brady and Rodgers, Josh’s career will max out at 15 years based on the way he plays. He takes a beating and as soon as he loses his ability to get away from blitzers, he will be significantly lesser than what he is. We need to win one in the next four or five years. That’s gonna be Josh’s prime and our best shot

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Question….How many years can he keep the running part of his game going?

When this starts to diminish … it will have an impact on his game as teams won’t have to respect this as much…

So he will need to keep improving the passing element…which will eventually reach a ceiling…

• Eyeroll 1

39 minutes ago, Success said:

Just curious what others think - because I see that all the time on opposing fans message boards, and I don't relate to it.

I think the window will be WIDE open as long as JA is QB, and Beane is GM.  I don't need any more proof from either. JA is elite, and Beane seems like a wizard w/ the cap, who knows how to build an A1 team for today, and also keep an eye on building a model for success that's sustainable.  We'll lose players like all great teams do, but he is a very good drafter, finds gems in FA, and has a real vision for keeping this team in contention.

I think we'll be knocking on the door for a title every year for at least a decade.  I tend to lean homer, but I also think this is objective based on how good these guys are at their jobs.

What say you?

I tend to agree with you. As long as Josh continues to have help surrounding him and solid Oline there's no telling how wide it can be. Defense has always been competitive under McD so that's likely not to change much.

Don't want to take it for granted though because something could happen and that window can close pretty fast. But definitely going to enjoy every minute of it while it last

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.