Be a TBD Hero, Predict Nyheim Hines usage & yards Jets/Bills

HOUSE

23 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Rushing: 4 carries, 18 yards

Receiving: 3 catches 29 yards, 1 TD

Punt Returns: none(still think Shakir holds onto it for now)

TDs: 1, receiving - likely a 10 yard catch or lower.

Punt returns will be the EASIEST transition for him. Bills want Shakir to focus on developing offensively 

I think punt returns and maybe a couple simple pass plays 

6 minutes ago, Devilmann said:

2 carries 9 yards 3 catches 16 yards. I don’t know the running backs don’t get much love in this offense and he’s gonna need more time in the playbook. 

I would hope for more than 16 yards on 3 catches,with his speed and quickness

23 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Active.  Takes the 2nd punt (Shakir with the 1st) return and all punts following.

Won't take any snaps on offense until the Bills run the score up.

Motor and Cook get all the snaps until then.

Why would Shakir take one and then be replaced? I do agree he likely won't get reps on offense unless it's a rout

• Like (+1) 1

Hines is a pass catching RB with the skill to forces the defense to respect his effectiveness coming out of the backfield to catch the ball. The beauty of having a pass catching RB in this offense is that somebody has to cover him. Using a linebacker is a clear mismatch with his speed. Using a DB is also not great because now you have one less DB to cover WRs. Somebody is going to be in one on one coverage and that makes it a high percentage reception with a quality QB like Josh Allen.  This is a sneaky good pickup by Beane.

That being said, Hines is a weapon that will need time to understand his role in this offense. This isn't an easy playbook to learn.  Don't expect him to have a lot of snaps if any this week. I can see perhaps a couple of plays on offense but not much more than that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This thread reminds me of that rather cool scene in Hoosiers:

Myra: “A basketball hero around here is treated like a god. How could he ever find out what he could really do? I don't want this to be the high point of his life. I've seen 'em. The real sad ones. They sit around all their lives talking about the glory days when they were 17.”

Coach Dale: “You know, most people would kill to be treated like a god, just for a few moments.”

Myra: “Gods come pretty cheap nowadays, don't they? You become one by putting a leather ball in an iron hoop. I hate to tell you this, but it's only a game”

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Hines is a veteran and he can easily play a big role this week. The Jets have no idea how he will be used.

I would definitely use him on a few longer passes. Also, he provides speed on sweeps . We shall see.

• Like (+1) 1

I bought a Power Ball ticket. Now a chance to be a hero. I’ll use the same numbers. I’m feeling lucky . . . 

How many yards will Nyheim Hines have rushing ?  28

How many yards receiving?  32

Punt returns?  4

Kick off returns ?  0

Touchdowns, how many?  1

1 catch (jet sweep touch pass) for 6 yards in limited snaps (maybe 10-12)

I also predict an overaction by the fan base, being entirely pissed we gave up too much for this bum or singing his praise as the next savior. 

Either way, go bills! 

7 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

0 carries = 0 yards

3 REC 41 yds
2 PR 27 yds

GIF by Achievement Hunter

No idea.  Will be interesting to see how Dorsey uses him and Cook.  

I think 3 receptions for 35 yards.  No TD (they will use him around goal line as distraction and throw TD to Knox). 

5 hours ago, Flucod said:

Should I start him on my fantasy team?

no.  Too risky.  As a flex perhaps depending on other options, but you are in trouble if he is RB1 or 2.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.