Brandon Beane on SiriusXM NFL Radio Movin' the Chains yesterday (11/2/2022)

chongli

10 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Due to Josh some defenses need to leave a big hole in middle of field which is something Josh exploits greatly on his runs.

Biggest issue is player being willing to take cheap shot on Josh even if penalized/fined/suspended because player is confident that team will reward him.

I'd rather have Thurman.  Barry Sanders had far too many negative plays.

I was gonna go Jim Thorpe.  🤣

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I'd rather have Thurman.  Barry Sanders had far too many negative plays.

Thurman had two years with a 4.9 YPC 1991 with the Bills and 2000 with the Dolphins. His career YPC is 4.2 (below Singletary's 4.5 YPC this year and a career YPC of 4.6 in his 4 seasons)

2 minutes ago, Gen2 said:

Thurman had two years with a 4.9 YPC 1991 with the Bills and 2000 with the Dolphins. His career YPC is 4.2 (below Singletary's 4.5 YPC this year and a career YPC of 4.6 in his 4 seasons)

Yes, yes, go on………

8 minutes ago, chongli said:

LOL...who's "Jack"?! 😄 I guess I'm old. Alex (RIP) used to be the host of Jeopardy. But maybe you know something I don't!

Ha!  I’m much older than you. Jack Barry was a game show host for a bunch of shows. He didn’t host Jeopardy however. That started with Art Fleming. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Yes, yes, go on………

This topic is getting tiresome, so this will be my last post on the subject.

The Bills are a pass first team, the reason they don't keep opposing DCs up at night trying to figure out how to stop our running backs isn't because the running backs are any worse than other teams, on the contrary they rank top 3 in YPC, they are not worried because the Bills run/pass ratio is so pass heavy. The reason teams game plan against the Barkleys and Henrys of the league is that they know they are going to see them carry the ball about a zillion times a game, with Singletary, if they see him carry the ball 10 times a game it would be a lot.

5 hours ago, gjv said:

One of these days Beane is going to get the Bills a RB that opposing defenses will have to game-plan for. Talk about an unstoppable force. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We keep dissing Cook even before we give him a chance. 

42 minutes ago, chongli said:

LOL...who's "Jack"?! 😄 I guess I'm old. Alex (RIP) used to be the host of Jeopardy. But maybe you know something I don't!

32 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Ha!  I’m much older than you. Jack Barry was a game show host for a bunch of shows. He didn’t host Jeopardy however. That started with Art Fleming. 

I was sure it was Jack Daniels.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Gen2 said:

This topic is getting tiresome, so this will be my last post on the subject.

The Bills are a pass first team, the reason they don't keep opposing DCs up at night trying to figure out how to stop our running backs isn't because the running backs are any worse than other teams, on the contrary they rank top 3 in YPC, they are not worried because the Bills run/pass ratio is so pass heavy. The reason teams game plan against the Barkleys and Henrys of the league is that they know they are going to see them carry the ball about a zillion times a game, with Singletary, if they see him carry the ball 10 times a game it would be a lot.

No!  I was waiting for your analysis of how Barry Sanders compared to Singletary. I was wondering if I made a better choice than Thurman. 

8 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

No!  I was waiting for your analysis of how Barry Sanders compared to Singletary. I was wondering if I made a better choice than Thurman. 

Sanders is somewhere in the neighborhood of 54 years old; I doubt he could put up stats anywhere near what the top running backs today do ... you chose poorly.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gen2 said:

Sanders is somewhere in the neighborhood of 54 years old; I doubt he could put up stats anywhere near what the top running backs today do ... you chose poorly.

If a young Barry Sanders existed in today's league, he would lead the league in rushing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.