Jets DE talking trash about Josh Allen

smuvtalker

I'm not a fan of players perpetually calling for flags. there have been a couple of occasions where Josh has 'guilded the lily', to say the least.

Having said that, I don't think I've seen him do that at all this season (playing up a shot), and in fairness, the amount of times he gets hit late, and around the head, that do not get flagged, I'm not so sure I should be calling him out on the odd dubious one he does get.

There are enough instances where nothing gets given, that I don't have a problem with him getting after the zebras from time to time.

I don't think anybody could blame him for going ballistic after the attempted trip, for example.

As to how often Josh is sliding these days, it would appear that the rest of the offense is coming up with ideas for forfeits, as a means of encouraging him to do it more, which I find really amusing. Especially as they are doing it through the course of a serious game. 😉

On 11/3/2022 at 2:00 PM, smuvtalker said:

I did a search prior to posting this, my apologies if it's already being discussed.

I just finished watching a clip from The Carton Show on a preview of the Bills Jets game, and Jets DE John Franklin-Myers was quoted as saying that Josh Allen pleads with the refs for penalty calls....and all I could say was....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  

First off, this is the DE who singlehandedly cost the Jets the game last week with his boneheaded roughing the passer penalty.   His stupid penalty wiped away an 85 yard pick six that would've essentially put the game away.  So what does he do for an encore?  Brings up a player completely unrelated, and tries to say Allen is a flopper, and pleads with the refs for calls. Let me say this.  I'm as big a Bills fan as anyone, and I've been guilty on more than one occasion of having a biased opinion when it comes to our Bills, but this comment is pure absurdity at it's most impressive.  Josh Allen in my opinion has NEVER flopped OR pleaded with the refs for a call he didnt deserve.  If anything, Allen takes way more hits with no flags called than pretty much any quarterback I've seen with the exception of Cam Newton, MAYBE.  I believe that a big reason for that is his aggressive running style, and also that he's probably better at dishing punishment out than any other QB to play the game. 

Jets players and coaches alike have got to be wanting to shove this guy in a closet for making comments like this prior to the game.  As if Allen and company needed any additional motivation, I'm sure this raised some eyebrows in the Bills locker room.  Sometimes I really wonder what is going through a players mind when they make these type of idiotic statements.  

Thoughts?

Meh…I wasn’t that upset.  He said that Josh tries to draw penalties calls and often gets calls.

What great player DOESN’T do that?  

Myers also walked it back a bit but saying all QB’s do similar things.  I don’t think this that big of a deal.

11 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Meh…I wasn’t that upset.  He said that Josh tries to draw penalties calls and often gets calls.

What great player DOESN’T do that?  

Myers also walked it back a bit but saying all QB’s do similar things.  I don’t think this that big of a deal.

At first I thought it was a big deal. But they stick mics in these guys faces looking for some excitement. Meyers just seems to be generally complaining about the rules. JA happens to be the next opponent. D players need to adjust, it’s just the way it is now. JA does his fair share of whining but in most cases he’s justified. 

On 11/3/2022 at 3:28 PM, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

6 for 108 and a TD. This is an idiotic post. 

not if you watched the game. Bills teammates had to continually keep Diggs away from Alexander. 

Could have easily been flagged a couple times. Bills got lucky. Meanwhile Diggs teammates have to be distracted during the game by this childish behavior. 

Might have been part of the very poor offensive overall play by Bills in 2nd half.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, cba fan said:

not if you watched the game. Bills teammates had to continually keep Diggs away from Alexander. 

Could have easily been flagged a couple times. Bills got lucky. Meanwhile Diggs teammates have to be distracted during the game by this childish behavior. 

Might have been part of the very poor offensive overall play by Bills in 2nd half.

That's Diggs' game.  I think Gabe and Josh got pulled into it.  Gabe with the stupid penalty and Josh's 2nd interception.  Talking smack is what grown men do on a football field.  Calling that childish is a really bad look.

8 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

That's Diggs' game.  I think Gabe and Josh got pulled into it.  Gabe with the stupid penalty and Josh's 2nd interception.  Talking smack is what grown men do on a football field.  Calling that childish is a really bad look.

Josh named Gabe Davis is the best smack talker on the team

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

call it what you want. It is childish behavior especially when if effects your own game. The goal of trash talking is to affect the opponent's game negatively. Diggs Gage and whoever failed against Packers. Pack owned them in 2nd half. Player's demeanors in after game interviews said same thing. All very subdued considering they won by 10. They know they sucked in 2nd half. 

Sean McD even in post-game locker room speech. After congratulating on win. Very next thing said was they did not do all the things they wanted to do right. The very first point about the game play was negative.......🤷‍♂️...that is telling.

On 11/3/2022 at 1:22 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Allen does try to get calls. He takes dives and everything. As he should. I’ve never cared when a player tries to get a call, it works. 

You only care  when Brady does it !! 

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

call it what you want. It is childish behavior especially when if effects your own game. The goal of trash talking is to affect the opponent's game negatively. Diggs Gage and whoever failed against Packers. Pack owned them in 2nd half. Player's demeanors in after game interviews said same thing. All very subdued considering they won by 10. They know they sucked in 2nd half. 

Sean McD even in post-game locker room speech. After congratulating on win. Very next thing said was they did not do all the things they wanted to do right. The very first point about the game play was negative.......🤷‍♂️...that is telling.

It 100% backfired.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/3/2022 at 4:34 PM, billsfan89 said:

I hate when players bother the refs but in Joshes case I understand it because he or one of his coaches had to have seen how the refs didn’t protect Cam Newton and that massively shortened Cams career.

Cam Newton’s career wasn’t massively shortened because he ran too much or that the refs didn’t protect him. It was massively shortened by an acute shoulder injury suffered while trying to make a tackle on an interception. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.