Jets DE talking trash about Josh Allen

smuvtalker

19 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I did a search prior to posting this, my apologies if it's already being discussed.

I just finished watching a clip from The Carton Show on a preview of the Bills Jets game, and Jets DE John Franklin-Myers was quoted as saying that Josh Allen pleads with the refs for penalty calls....and all I could say was....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  

First off, this is the DE who singlehandedly cost the Jets the game last week with his boneheaded roughing the passer penalty.   His stupid penalty wiped away an 85 yard pick six that would've essentially put the game away.  So what does he do for an encore?  Brings up a player completely unrelated, and tries to say Allen is a flopper, and pleads with the refs for calls. Let me say this.  I'm as big a Bills fan as anyone, and I've been guilty on more than one occasion of having a biased opinion when it comes to our Bills, but this comment is pure absurdity at it's most impressive.  Josh Allen in my opinion has NEVER flopped OR pleaded with the refs for a call he didnt deserve.  If anything, Allen takes way more hits with no flags called than pretty much any quarterback I've seen with the exception of Cam Newton, MAYBE.  I believe that a big reason for that is his aggressive running style, and also that he's probably better at dishing punishment out than any other QB to play the game. 

Jets players and coaches alike have got to be wanting to shove this guy in a closet for making comments like this prior to the game.  As if Allen and company needed any additional motivation, I'm sure this raised some eyebrows in the Bills locker room.  Sometimes I really wonder what is going through a players mind when they make these type of idiotic statements.  

Thoughts?

Josh certainly cries for fouls and flops....but we shouldnt care one bit.

Getting calls is a HUGE part of helping your team win. Im all for it.

We had to deal with Tom Brady just looking at a ref and asking for a call to then get it.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

There’s been a soccerizing of N. American sports.

They almost all cry after calls and plays regularly.

I think so too. But it's hard to blame QBs or WR calling for PI when refs are all over the place on this.

In an ideal world, players would just complain for obvious misses by refs. Such as when Josh was tripped. But players cry wolf too... The refs are humans.

20 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Umm Josh does flop....but he is OUR flopper so we love it when it works!

Not only that. Josh is a damn good flopper! And he definitely try’s to draw the hit at times too, just so he can flop and get the penalty call on the D. Josh is the ultimate competitor, he will use every means (legal I’d imagine) possible to win the game. 

20 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Hell hath no fury like a hyphenated surname scorned. 

I do not trust anyone with a hyphenated last name. They're never good people. They can't make a decision to choose just 1 name so they choose both. They're going to waste my time even spelling their name. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Is anyone here going to fight John Franklin-Myers?

11 minutes ago, boyst said:

I do not trust anyone with a hyphenated last name. They're never good people. They can't make a decision to choose just 1 name so they choose both. They're going to waste my time even spelling their name. 

Are you seriously saying Daniel Day-Lewis and Julia Louis-Dreyfus aren't good people?? 

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is anyone here going to fight John Franklin-Myers?

Are you seriously saying Daniel Day-Lewis and Julia Louis-Dreyfus aren't good people?? 

julia's family is quite... interesting. don't know how it reflects on her but i know she's got more money than davy crocket

Edited by boyst

20 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I hate when players bother the refs but in Joshes case I understand it because he or one of his coaches had to have seen how the refs didn’t protect Cam Newton and that massively shortened Cams career.

I was going to mention that and think you are 100% spot on.

Both Cam and Josh are big guys, i think that is why Cam never really got the calls, he seemed indestructible but it caught up with him in the end.  Josh is wise to address it head on early in his career.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I was going to mention that and think you are 100% spot on.

Both Cam and Josh are big guys, i think that is why Cam never really got the calls, he seemed indestructible but it caught up with him in the end.  Josh is wise to address it head on early in his career.

I think refs had this general notion not to “protect” running QB’s. Pocket passers started to be heavily protected in the 2000’s but QB’s that ran were less protected even when throwing the ball from the pocket.

It started with Vick then RGIII and then Cam among others. Even Russell Wilson to a lesser degree got less protected.

I think it’s smart for Josh to lobby for himself as much as possible esp in the pocket. It’s absolutely necessary that Josh not take the in pocket hits Cam took. 

Josh also seems to be sliding more and I don’t see many QB designed runs lately other than QB sneaks which are fairly low risk.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.