Jets DE talking trash about Josh Allen

smuvtalker

I saw this quote and think it's taken a bit out of context.

But at the end of the day this is what all great QB's do and Brady has made a living getting favorable calls his entire career because of his resume.

Either way I don't think JA17 and this team need any additional motivation to avoid an 0-2 start in the division against an inferior team with serious QB issues.

3 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I did a search prior to posting this, my apologies if it's already being discussed.

I just finished watching a clip from The Carton Show on a preview of the Bills Jets game, and Jets DE John Franklin-Myers was quoted as saying that Josh Allen pleads with the refs for penalty calls....and all I could say was....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  

First off, this is the DE who singlehandedly cost the Jets the game last week with his boneheaded roughing the passer penalty.   His stupid penalty wiped away an 85 yard pick six that would've essentially put the game away.  So what does he do for an encore?  Brings up a player completely unrelated, and tries to say Allen is a flopper, and pleads with the refs for calls. Let me say this.  I'm as big a Bills fan as anyone, and I've been guilty on more than one occasion of having a biased opinion when it comes to our Bills, but this comment is pure absurdity at it's most impressive.  Josh Allen in my opinion has NEVER flopped OR pleaded with the refs for a call he didnt deserve.  If anything, Allen takes way more hits with no flags called than pretty much any quarterback I've seen with the exception of Cam Newton, MAYBE.  I believe that a big reason for that is his aggressive running style, and also that he's probably better at dishing punishment out than any other QB to play the game. 

Jets players and coaches alike have got to be wanting to shove this guy in a closet for making comments like this prior to the game.  As if Allen and company needed any additional motivation, I'm sure this raised some eyebrows in the Bills locker room.  Sometimes I really wonder what is going through a players mind when they make these type of idiotic statements.  

Thoughts?

This is the same guy who says he won’t change how he plays even if he keeps costing his team games.. he isn’t the sharpest crayon in the box.

Allen doesn’t flop, but like ALL good vet QB he pleads for calls even ones he doesn’t deserve. That’s just a good Vet doing his job.. doesn’t hurt he is top 5 QB in the league right now.

• Like (+1) 1

So if someone with a hyphenated surname marries another person with a hyphenated surname does their kid's name look like this?

William Franklin-Myers-Wilson-Langley

Why not just call the kid "The Law Firm"?  Does he get extra pronouns?  

4 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I did a search prior to posting this, my apologies if it's already being discussed.

I just finished watching a clip from The Carton Show on a preview of the Bills Jets game, and Jets DE John Franklin-Myers was quoted as saying that Josh Allen pleads with the refs for penalty calls....and all I could say was....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  

First off, this is the DE who singlehandedly cost the Jets the game last week with his boneheaded roughing the passer penalty.   His stupid penalty wiped away an 85 yard pick six that would've essentially put the game away.  So what does he do for an encore?  Brings up a player completely unrelated, and tries to say Allen is a flopper, and pleads with the refs for calls. Let me say this.  I'm as big a Bills fan as anyone, and I've been guilty on more than one occasion of having a biased opinion when it comes to our Bills, but this comment is pure absurdity at it's most impressive.  Josh Allen in my opinion has NEVER flopped OR pleaded with the refs for a call he didnt deserve.  If anything, Allen takes way more hits with no flags called than pretty much any quarterback I've seen with the exception of Cam Newton, MAYBE.  I believe that a big reason for that is his aggressive running style, and also that he's probably better at dishing punishment out than any other QB to play the game. 

Jets players and coaches alike have got to be wanting to shove this guy in a closet for making comments like this prior to the game.  As if Allen and company needed any additional motivation, I'm sure this raised some eyebrows in the Bills locker room.  Sometimes I really wonder what is going through a players mind when they make these type of idiotic statements.  

Thoughts?

Several Jets fans mentioned this JFM dude on their message board this week. Vailed comments regarding JA and injuring him etc. NY Jets have a long history of dirty BS. They are/can be dirty, no question

If I'm honest - Allen is just like Brady & Peyton Manning, both of whom I have complained about often.

Really, they all do it. But JA - because of his high profile - is definitely getting a reputation around the league, judging by some of the other sports message boards.

Which is fine by me.  After being on the other side of it for decades, I love that we have a star QB who asks for, and gets, the calls.

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont want no cry baby on our team.  Tua isnt a cry baby maybe we can send Josh and our first to Miami for Tua.

We might have to throw in Moss and a 5th, too.

Oh, wait...

Never mind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Josh knows how to play the game.  With that said, the number of defensive holding and pass interference calls against other teams when our offense is on the field is unbelievably low (and has been for a couple years at least) and we should take what we can get.

How many snaps did the Dolphins defense face earlier in the year without a single holding call? Verging on ridiculous.

Everyone says they (QB's) all due it. I actually think there is one QB that doesn't do it and it's one of the biggest problems in his game. I'm thinking about Justin Herbert. There are a lot of things to like about Herbert's game but his lack of outwardly competitive fire, things like this included is a problem IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, Josh asks for a call when he gets hit.   Sometimes he gets the call. Sometimes not.  Sometimes roughing the passer is obvious.  Sometimes it's questionable.  Nothing surprising here.  The question is, is Franklin-Myers hoping that by complaining beforehand, the referee will be inclined to look the other way and not call a roughing penalty when he hits Josh Allen?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.