Jets DE talking trash about Josh Allen

smuvtalker

I did a search prior to posting this, my apologies if it's already being discussed.

I just finished watching a clip from The Carton Show on a preview of the Bills Jets game, and Jets DE John Franklin-Myers was quoted as saying that Josh Allen pleads with the refs for penalty calls....and all I could say was....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  

First off, this is the DE who singlehandedly cost the Jets the game last week with his boneheaded roughing the passer penalty.   His stupid penalty wiped away an 85 yard pick six that would've essentially put the game away.  So what does he do for an encore?  Brings up a player completely unrelated, and tries to say Allen is a flopper, and pleads with the refs for calls. Let me say this.  I'm as big a Bills fan as anyone, and I've been guilty on more than one occasion of having a biased opinion when it comes to our Bills, but this comment is pure absurdity at it's most impressive.  Josh Allen in my opinion has NEVER flopped OR pleaded with the refs for a call he didnt deserve.  If anything, Allen takes way more hits with no flags called than pretty much any quarterback I've seen with the exception of Cam Newton, MAYBE.  I believe that a big reason for that is his aggressive running style, and also that he's probably better at dishing punishment out than any other QB to play the game. 

Jets players and coaches alike have got to be wanting to shove this guy in a closet for making comments like this prior to the game.  As if Allen and company needed any additional motivation, I'm sure this raised some eyebrows in the Bills locker room.  Sometimes I really wonder what is going through a players mind when they make these type of idiotic statements.  

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 9
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I just see this as an attempt to get into our players heads.  Let him talk and whine to the media and Josh and the offense should just focus on doing what they do taking what is open on any given play.  Our guys playing their game beats their guys playing their game if they keep their focus where it should be.   Let them make the stupid mistakes when they can't keep up with the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

There’s been a soccerizing of N. American sports.

They almost all cry after calls and plays regularly.

Theres whining in every sport.

Id agree with you that the flopping has increased in NBA and college basketball (has NBA been better recently?) 

But i dont see it as something new or increasing in the NFL.

And i love soccer, but cannot stand the flopping. 

14 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I'm as big a Bills fan as anyone, and I've been guilty on more than one occasion of having a biased opinion when it comes to our Bills, but this comment is pure absurdity at it's most impressive.  Josh Allen in my opinion has NEVER flopped OR pleaded with the refs for a call he didnt deserve.  If anything, Allen takes way more hits with no flags called than pretty much any quarterback I've seen with the exception of Cam Newton, MAYBE.  I believe that a big reason for that is his aggressive running style, and also that he's probably better at dishing punishment out than any other QB to play the game. 

My man ... gotta tell you ... you're a homer if you really think this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 15
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Every QB in the NFL pleads for PI, late hits, etc.  Its literally part of their job to do that.  Show me a QB who doesn't and I will show you a bad QB.  

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson said:

image.thumb.png.ac92119c53770861dc29a9f2f2f849f9.png

I mean the defender literally shoved him late, so any good player is going to sell the contact.  The contact was absolutely illegal though in the first place.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

He isn’t wrong, they all do it. Josh has embellished hours before and he definitely goads then into hits. 
nothing burger here. 

Yeah, all of them do to some degree and Allen has even admitted to trying to sell a call a time or two...if I was Myers I'd be more worried about my QB putting up one of the worst offensive showings in a long time against this defense in their last game when the Jets had 59 total yards, 40 of which came on a single pass play.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.