Bill sign WR Isaiah Coulter to PS

MAJBobby

We have our Hodgins replacement.  Similar in height and length.  Opposite in athleticism. Coulter is a high upside low floor WR that needs lots of work on everything other than his physical attributes.  Doesn’t seem like a guy that can help us this year if needed.  More like a guy that we should invest some time into to see if he can improve.  

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/isaiah-coulter/3200434f-5516-0662-8b6d-a1ee4723ab0a

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

At least more of an outside guy. Hodgins for all his size is really a big slot type prospect in the NFL. Coulter was an intriguing late round speed/size project coming out of a small school in the 2020 draft. He has barely had a shot in the NFL but the Bills are obviously willing to gamble that two and a half years on the raw ingredients remain. His two NFL stops have been Houston in the Bill O'Brien firing year (with covid and no pre-season) and the Bears... so hardly stable organisations. 

He is probably in the last chance saloon as far as an NFL career goes so he should at least be motivated and the Bills coaching staff will unquestionably be the best coaching he has ever been around. So here's hoping. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

At least more of an outside guy. Hodgins for all his size is really a big slot type prospect in the NFL. Coulter was an intriguing late round speed/size project coming out of a small school in the 2020 draft. He has barely had a shot in the NFL but the Bills are obviously willing to gamble that two and a half years on the raw ingredients remain. His two NFL stops have been Houston in the Bill O'Brien firing year (with covid and no pre-season) and the Bears... so hardly stable organisations. 

He is probably in the last chance saloon as far as an NFL career goes so he should at least be motivated and the Bills coaching staff will unquestionably be the best coaching he has ever been around. So here's hoping. 

Agree re: Hodgins - he's kind of David Nelson without the burst...

• Like (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I think he played at Rhoad island  and if I remember right he was born on September 18th 1998

Excellent memory - I remember watching him at Wilde Lake Highschool before transferring Gwynn Park Highschool his senior year.... absolute BEAST!

Do you remember when Coulter eclipsed the 1,000-yard receiving mark in his junior season at Rhode Island, garnering 1,039 over the length of the schedule?  In doing so, Coulter was the seventh Rams player to have a 1,000-yard receiving season.  He was also named second-team all-Colonial Athletic Association.  After his junior season, Coulter participated in the 2020 NFL Combine, running the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds

• Haha (+1) 5

Gotta have an Isaiah on the practice squad...it's a rule.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I think he played at Rhoad island  and if I remember right he was born on September 18th 1998

Rhode Island?

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Speed guy if I remember correctly. 
Needed some good coaching. He should get that here 

Well, Chad Hall is considered by some to be the best WR coach in the NFL so if he is going to need that he couldn't ask for a better situation to get it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Excellent memory - I remember watching him at Wilde Lake Highschool before transferring Gwynn Park Highschool his senior year.... absolute BEAST!

Do you remember when Coulter eclipsed the 1,000-yard receiving mark in his junior season at Rhode Island, garnering 1,039 over the length of the schedule?  In doing so, Coulter was the seventh Rams player to have a 1,000-yard receiving season.  He was also named second-team all-Colonial Athletic Association.  After his junior season, Coulter participated in the 2020 NFL Combine, running the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds

I remember when he was born - thought it was a girl at first but then it was like “Whoa!  That’s a boy!!”

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills answer to Hodgins being claimed by the Giants. 

Why did they let Hogins go in the first place after all the time they have invested in him & when ever he has been on the field he has produced maybe not a lot but when you have all the other weapons out there there's not a lot he can do but catch what little is thrown his way .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.