All-22 Grades for Bills/Packers (The Athletic)

HappyDays

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

Good to see Bates grading up. He's had an unexpected rough start to the season. Hopefully this the Bates we anticipated going forward.

In general the Bills OLine has been stellar at pass pro most of the season and trending up in run blocking...in weeks 5-8 the Bills have the #1 run win rate percentage in the NFL.

Kromer seems to be having this group rounding into shape as the year goes on, which is what should be expected.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when Tre is back to being Tre.  Our rookies are too good to ride the bench forever.

That will likely be next year. 

With the cap space and 20+ expiring contracts next year I don't see how the Bills keep Jackson around for the 2023 season. But maybe I am wrong, Levi Wallace signed with Pittsburgh for cheap, but I wasn't high on Levi at all. I found him to be a frustrating player. 

I think there is a world where Benford moves to safety with the uncertainty around Poyer/Hyde this offseason. Then Elam develops behind Jackson/White and starts to spell both of them at CB1 and CB2 on the outside. I am hoping Tre is going through some Aaron Rodgers existential stuff. After yesterday's interview I wouldn't be floored if he is thinking about life after football. 

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Rousseau is trending toward superstar, top-of-market status.

You wonder about Dawkins - he lays enough eggs during the year that if they get the chance to draft and develop his replacement and maybe side him inside to guard in a couple of years, they should seriously consider it.

GR.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We have 2 really good outside corners right now (that aren’t Tre White) I can really see them leaving Dane and Elam out there and putting white at S. Give him a chance to ease back in physically and not have to run with a WR off the line.

why does anyone think S in this defense is easing into anything? 

55 minutes ago, Mango said:

With the cap space and 20+ expiring contracts next year I don't see how the Bills keep Jackson around for the 2023 season. But maybe I am wrong, Levi Wallace signed with Pittsburgh for cheap, but I wasn't high on Levi at all. I found him to be a frustrating player. 

I think there is a world where Benford moves to safety with the uncertainty around Poyer/Hyde this offseason. Then Elam develops behind Jackson/White and starts to spell both of them at CB1 and CB2 on the outside. I am hoping Tre is going through some Aaron Rodgers existential stuff. After yesterday's interview I wouldn't be floored if he is thinking about life after football. 

very frankly Wallace was a weak link on defense last year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think that there are several examples of where corners transitioned into excellent S. 

Hmm ok. There are examples of QBs that transitioned to good WRs too, but I’m not sure it is easing. 

Do you understand how much more tackling the safeties are responsible for than the corners? 

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Stellar?

They have one of the lowest pressure rates in the NFL this year. In fact before last week's game they were tied for the lowest at 12.5% with TB.  That can't happen unless they have been stellar.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I didn't see tres interview, yikes. Guess I need to find it. Maybe a little injury blues?

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I didn't see tres interview, yikes. Guess I need to find it. Maybe a little injury blues?

It is nothing crazy.

I had a pretty similar experience to Tre is having but at the Olympic Training Center. I certainly feel for the guy. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

You don’t think Allen masks those pressures? 

In some ways, but there have been plenty of times when you see the all-22 and literally see Allen standing there with nobody near him for several seconds.

Not to bag on the guy, but yeah I noticed Dawkins had a bad game. But so did Milano. Both are top notch most of the time. Sometimes, small injuries and personal issues... or just better opponents or schemes can do that, so many factors. But overall, good players for sure! Dane Jackson has indeed been quite good!

With the way the team is playing, OL so much improved, secondary guys stepping up so well... the coaching staff is doing an amazing job!

The GB game was just weird.  I mean really weird. Run D has been absolutely magnificent all year long, including games against Derrick Henry and Lamar Jackson.  Against GB, they were absolutely gouged.  No sugar coating it, both first half and second half.  Offense looked great first half and first drive of second half (probably go in for TD without the holding call).  Josh was fine in second half (Knox and Davis with early drops) until the play he was tackled OB on the drive that resulted in a FG.  After that, he was pretty bad, missing throws he makes in his sleep.  Add in some really questionable play calling and it amounted to a strange, kind of unsatisfying game.  But a win is a win and in two weeks no one will remember anything but the win.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm actually starting to think that the first few games that White comes back he's maybe better suited to be the #2 CB behind Dane until he's fully back up to speed. He'll likely overtake the top CB spot back...but the play of Dane combined with the play of Elam and Benford really makes White a luxury to have coming back. What a great problem to have! 

I'm not sure this focus on #1/#2 is worthwhile as the Bills have rarely ever had a CB match up against particular players or have some sort of "#1/#2" CB role on their defense. They usually stick to their 'side' of the field and play whomever is their responsibility. This whole #1/#2 CB thing is a game of words when it comes to the Bills. 

12 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Stellar?

If you're grading our pass protection on a curve, yes it has been very good. OL play across the league is at an all time low. The Eagles probably have the best OL in the league and even they struggled a bit against the Texans tonight. We have two top 10-ish starters in Dawkins and Morse which is more than at least half the league can say. You look at a team like the Chiefs who have invested a ton into their OL, and their fans complain that it is a weakness. Every fanbase feels that way.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.