Isaiah Hodgins claimed off waivers by Giants

Roundybout

18 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I kinda saw this coming especially since there were rumors they the Giants tried to make some moves for a WR before the trade deadline.

So maybe a fresh start being reunited with Daboll will help him realize whatever potential he may have. Either way he wasn't going to see the field here again this year and hasn't been able to show much anyway because injury issues that have plagued him thus far.

Yeah...saw the writing on the wall with their injury depleted WR corp and trading Toney.  

Hopefully he plays well for them, he has worked hard.

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Good for him.

Agreed for he gets paid for games rather than as a PS player.

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Really stinks because he was one of the most well liked players on and off the field.  His whole family was great here and he was really close to other players.

So you are saying the Bills should have signed him to front office as assistant to player liason?

58 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Stinks, but not unexpected.

He's been a good teammate and a hard worker by all accounts, so hopefully he makes good and the Giants keep him on the roster past the required 3 games.

I think he's got a real chance against Richie James and David Sills.

32 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I thought you said he was "likely back to PS"...

I think there was an unspoken caveat there "if he clears waivers"

Edited by Beck Water

The biggest issue the Giants have been having with WRs is understanding the playbook, with the option routes & nuances. They had reduced Kadarius Toney to WR6 coming into the season because he just couldn't get it.

Hodgins already knows Daboll's playbook, don't be surprised to see him get an immediate opportunity to play.

• Agree 4

29 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Stinks, but not unexpected.

He's been a good teammate and a hard worker by all accounts, so hopefully he makes good and the Giants keep him on the roster past the required 3 games.

I think he's got a real chance against Richie James and David Sills.

NJ teams seem to use Bills as team to break in WRs.

David Sills was signed by Bills as UDFA in 2019 and cut at end of training camp.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.