Potentially good news for Bills long-term weather wise. Warmer temps, less snow predicted for WNY

Big Turk

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This post proves TBD is the Borg of hive knowledge—I bet one of you knows how to engineer an Artemis rocket too! 😜

Well the News said that Moog supplied a bunch of parts for the Artemis rocket, so probably yes.

moog

Edited by Wacka

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I take these long term forecasts, with a grain of salt. It seems to me, that every such forecast for the Northeast, completely misses the mark. The Great Lakes region is even much less predictable..

I've lived in SE FL now for 8 years.  I've never paid more attention to the weather than since living here, when there's a hurricane scare.

I find the modern computer models to be amazingly accurate.  The European model is always better than the US version.   

I've closely followed 3 or 4 huge storm systems now with a close eye on the weather forecast and they are really quite good!

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2022 at 11:29 PM, Special K said:

Sooooo, what are your thoughts on this article now??

Just kidding....I hope everyone is staying safe up there. 👍

You think the person who put together this forecast still has a job??

Keep safe, everyone!

All i know is that Lake Erie staying warmer throughout the winter is going to bring some nasty Lake effect deeper into the season.  

Thankfully the Bills have Josh Allen at the helm.  After this season, signing free agents cannot be a slam dunk when trying to convince guys to play and live in this climate. 

32 minutes ago, zow2 said:

All i know is that Lake Erie staying warmer throughout the winter is going to bring some nasty Lake effect deeper into the season.  

Thankfully the Bills have Josh Allen at the helm.  After this season, signing free agents cannot be a slam dunk when trying to convince guys to play and live in this climate. 

Have you looked around the NFL today? It is freezing EVERYWHERE.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, zow2 said:

With the temps the way they are, will Erie be frozen by tomorrow?

33 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Should be an interesting final 3 weeks + AFC playoffs. 

Every Tuesday at work 3 of us mock our every remaining game and playoff game. Started it week 3. Others joined in occasionally, too

We all generally agree San Fran runs far into the playoffs, Phili continues the run. That's the NFC and easy. 

The AFC we make arguments for every team convincingly. But everyone is back on the Bills super bowl mentality. 

1 hour ago, Special K said:

You think the person who put together this forecast still has a job??

Keep safe, everyone!

Article is spot on from a longe range forecast perspective.  The interpretation of the OP as to what the article is saying is way off.  Discrediting a long range global or hemispheric forecast because of a 5 day synoptic / national weather pattern caused a cold outbreak for half of the United States is silly.  No meteorologist worth a damn has ever said it’s an exact since.  Too many micro variables that models or forecasters can’t predict more tha 4-5 days out and can throw regional or National weather patterns off.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.