Brandon Beane press conference 11/2

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Beane said it was the best ACL rehab he has ever seen. Did he mean it was the best ACL rehab he has ever seen Tre White do? That doesn’t make any sense. And I don’t recall Tre’s ACL injury being extra bad or anything.

I think Beane was just being complimentary.

Do you ever listen to your replies.  You love to say anything to cause a controversy.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Do you ever listen to your replies.  You love to say anything to cause a controversy.

I don’t ever try to cause controversy. You’re just attacking me for no reason.

We can agree to disagree. No reason to respond.

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I think his point was that you made a remark about posters not being doctors, but there is a logical fallacy in that comment, since Beane isn’t a doctor either. 

It Beane was impressed with Tre’s comeback then he must be downright stupefied by Robert Woods. 

Woods tore his ACL two weeks before Tre and was back 3.5 months ago (in training and started the first game of the season).

I admittedly don't watch Robert Woods, or the Titans.  But since you brought him up...

Yes, he was back sooner.  But is he back at 100%?  His stats seem WAY down compared to prior years, and yes other things impact that. 

We heard today from Tre, and could definitely hear how tough it was for him (especially initially) on the rehab. Can't imagine going thru that.  But my point is perhaps Beane is giving Tre praise (like you said), and also seeing Tre is truly back to his old form.  Won't know that until he plays... it's one thing coming back quickly, another to come back close to pre-injury form within 12-15 months.

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

If I understood what Beane said correctly, that wasn't how it rolled.

1) he said each scout is assigned a pro team or teams

2) that scout is responsible for keeping tabs on that team's roster and PS, watching film, knowing who on there would we try to snipe off the PS or who might we want to try for in trade and then following up any whispers or rumors about those players

3) if there are rumors or whispers about a player we'd want to try for being available in trade, that scout calls his contact on the team (who may be another scout) and says "hey, any truth to this?"

So if I understood it correctly, Beane said the scout assigned to cover the Saints called his contact on the Saints and said "is it true you're open to offers about Kamara?"

The Saints contact didn't call him back, which is rude, but not on the same level of arrogance as one GM not returning another GM's call.

But then it came out in the media "Bills called about Kamara and were rebuffed" which isn't exactly how it went down.

Beane said in contrast, he had talked to Carolina's GM about McCaffrey but it quickly became evident that Carolina wanted more than Beane was prepared to offer, so he bowed out.

Yeah this makes more sense for sure, excellent job laying that out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

I would be shocked if this happened.

Bills RB’s average 17 attempts per game. If Cool is getting 12 to 15 attempts per game then Singletary and Hines combined are only carrying the ball 2 to 5 times per game. I just don’t see that happening.

Ok, so what you are proposing has merit based on use of the RB position from the first part of the season. However, when you get into the nuts and bolts about projecting future touches for fantasy purposes there is a lot to factor in. Some is rather subjective and some is pretty basic common sense.

For instance, while rushing attempts have been limited to 17 a game as you say...the question to ask is why and how the game script played into that. So, when projecting game scripts going forward I see 2 things that jump off the page. First off is that the overall quality of opponent takes a nose dive. We should be playing from far ahead pretty often. This would lead to a few more rush attempts a game, ideally. Second thing to look at is the often dreaded weather conditions. We have been fortunate so far this season and if the other thread on here is accurate the Bills should see better weather than they did last year. But this is still Buffalo weather which can change rather quickly. 

One example of the Bills is bad weather is the Bills-Falcons game from last year. While Allen still attempted 26 passes, we saw Motor and Moss combine for 28 rushes. McK had one and Allen had FIFTEEN. I suspect that will not continue. So that's 44 combined rushes on the day. I believe where you may see the difference in game scripts like this is that Motor would see his normal cold weather work load (about 20 carries). Hines, who has shown well in cold weather games may see 10-12 of those. Allen would ideally not carry 15 times. That opens a bunch of carries for Cook. Factor him in for Moss's 5 and a few of Allen's and that puts him around 10 carries before even factoring in the passing game. 

Again this is one example, but later in the season and playing against lesser opponents I would project an increase of running plays due to possible weather and playing from a large lead. It's not an exact science, of course...but my projections usually serve well for fantasy purposes. Bottom line...stash Jimbo Cook now...win your league later.

11 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ok, so what you are proposing has merit based on use of the RB position from the first part of the season. However, when you get into the nuts and bolts about projecting future touches for fantasy purposes there is a lot to factor in. Some is rather subjective and some is pretty basic common sense.

For instance, while rushing attempts have been limited to 17 a game as you say...the question to ask is why and how the game script played into that. So, when projecting game scripts going forward I see 2 things that jump off the page. First off is that the overall quality of opponent takes a nose dive. We should be playing from far ahead pretty often. This would lead to a few more rush attempts a game, ideally. Second thing to look at is the often dreaded weather conditions. We have been fortunate so far this season and if the other thread on here is accurate the Bills should see better weather than they did last year. But this is still Buffalo weather which can change rather quickly. 

One example of the Bills is bad weather is the Bills-Falcons game from last year. While Allen still attempted 26 passes, we saw Motor and Moss combine for 28 rushes. McK had one and Allen had FIFTEEN. I suspect that will not continue. So that's 44 combined rushes on the day. I believe where you may see the difference in game scripts like this is that Motor would see his normal cold weather work load (about 20 carries). Hines, who has shown well in cold weather games may see 10-12 of those. Allen would ideally not carry 15 times. That opens a bunch of carries for Cook. Factor him in for Moss's 5 and a few of Allen's and that puts him around 10 carries before even factoring in the passing game. 

Again this is one example, but later in the season and playing against lesser opponents I would project an increase of running plays due to possible weather and playing from a large lead. It's not an exact science, of course...but my projections usually serve well for fantasy purposes. Bottom line...stash Jimbo Cook now...win your league later.

4 of the 6 Bills wins have been by double digits already. Hasn’t seem to have increased the rate of running.

On 11/2/2022 at 6:32 PM, ColoradoBills said:

I'll leave these posts for a moment and just say your post in another thread about moving Cook to the PS is the biggest troll

job I heard in years.  Congrats.  Others may want to hear more from you but that and the posts I highlighted above makes you

Number 1 on my ignore list.  That is something for you to be proud of!

I'm so ashamed. I root for the uniform too. Just wish someone else wore it from the 2nd round.. not gonna use him.. walker Seattle.  Pierce from Houston just to name 2. There were more than me who disliked the pick. So what's wrong? Ignore . Idgaf. We all want to see a superbowl. It's ridiculous they don't address the need.

On 11/2/2022 at 2:53 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO...Man, some of you have the absolute worst hot takes.  How many yards did Hill have against the Bills while missing its ENTIRE STARTING SECONDARY and lost one of the backups who started the game actually during that game?  How many rushing yards did they have that game?  How many passing yards did Tua have?  

We will wait while you go google your reality check. 

Lol you're way off. That game isn't the subject.  Hill plays wr not rb in case you didn't know. 

On 11/2/2022 at 6:32 PM, ColoradoBills said:

I'll leave these posts for a moment and just say your post in another thread about moving Cook to the PS is the biggest troll

job I heard in years.  Congrats.  Others may want to hear more from you but that and the posts I highlighted above makes you

Number 1 on my ignore list.  That is something for you to be proud of!

You better get it that JA17 is as rare to not only the Buffalo Bills but as to the NFL as Flightline is to horse racing. Someone needs to be in the backfield with him. Not some Trung Candidate wanna be.

2 hours ago, gridirongold said:

Lol you're way off. That game isn't the subject.  Hill plays wr not rb in case you didn't know. 

What are you talking about?  No s**t he plays WR.  I asked you how many yards did Hill have (receiving) and because you keep pumping their run game up I asked you how many yards rushing did they get.

Your posts here in this thread are literally absurd  

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 11/2/2022 at 11:57 PM, Einstein said:

I think his point was that you made a remark about posters not being doctors, but there is a logical fallacy in that comment, since Beane isn’t a doctor either. 

It Beane was impressed with Tre’s comeback then he must be downright stupefied by Robert Woods. 

Woods tore his ACL two weeks before Tre and was back 3.5 months ago (in training and started the first game of the season).

White had meniscus damage as well though. It was not a "simple" ACL. If it had of been I expect he'd have been back on the field sooner.

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What are you talking about?  No s**t he plays WR.  I asked you how many yards did Hill have (receiving) and because you keep pumping their run game up I asked you how many yards rushing did they get.

Your posts here in this thread are literally absurd  

No bro. You just can't understand. Have your parents help maybe? The whole subject was the Jets and dolphins beat us to rbs hall and Wilson. We still have only Josh Allen back there that has any size 

2 hours ago, gridirongold said:

No bro. You just can't understand. Have your parents help maybe? The whole subject was the Jets and dolphins beat us to rbs hall and Wilson. We still have only Josh Allen back there that has any size 

Best part about this is now I know you have nothing you’re gonna post worth reading.  So I can skip them from now on

38 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

Right. Nothing for you to argue. The qb is the running game.

The funniest part about your bad takes is that you don’t even know what we were discussing in the first place, which was your Dolphin statements, not the Bills run game.  

Literally can’t have a discussion with someone who doesn’t even know what he’s discussing.  LMAO

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The funniest part about your bad takes is that you don’t even know what we were discussing in the first place, which was your Dolphin statements, not the Bills run game.  

Literally can’t have a discussion with someone who doesn’t even know what he’s discussing.  LMAO

Jets and Dolphins keep beating them to a runner. I don't know how you don't get it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.