Brandon Beane press conference 11/2

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO...Man, some of you have the absolute worst hot takes.  How many yards did Hill have against the Bills while missing its ENTIRE STARTING SECONDARY and lost one of the backups who started the game actually during that game?  How many rushing yards did they have that game?  How many passing yards did Tua have?  

We will wait while you go google your reality check. 

To add to this. When Benford got hurt he was replaced by Ingram. Who was a rookie UDFA, just called up from the practice squad the day before.

Tua only had 186 yards passing, 25% of that came on one play to Waddle. Hill had 2 catches for 33 yards, by far his worst game with Tua as QB. 

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

What the actual *****?  Tommy Doyle is a MAN!!  Just.....wow.

Yeah, imagine you have no OL left on the sidelines and your 5th on the field has an ACL tear, and they still should've won that game. 

I imagine the Bills are looking at the December game with Miami a lot like they looked at the Titans game, want to put a hurt on that team...

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Shakir really didn't have much fantasy value (redraft leagues) to begin with. I don't see a change. McKenzie is very TD dependent even in PPR leagues. Both should be left on the waiver wire. Cook is an interesting guy to pick up and stash if he's available. I don't see him being much value for the next month or so for fantasy....but by the time Fantasy Playoffs start he should be steadily getting 12-15 touches a game even with the addition of Hines.  

Yeah I had shakir stashed for a few weeks had to let him go. I’m just trying to rework it a little bit and deciding if I should pick any of them back up. I had cook till last week and still have McKenzie. Cook is the one that I keep coming back to cause I still think he’s going to be involved even with Hines maybe even more than some ppl think 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, julian said:

Can you imagine the arrogance of the Saints GM to not return Bean’s call, Saints acting like they’re still the powerhouse team of years ago and any such inquiry is insulting and thus doesn’t even deserve a call back.

If I understood what Beane said correctly, that wasn't how it rolled.

1) he said each scout is assigned a pro team or teams

2) that scout is responsible for keeping tabs on that team's roster and PS, watching film, knowing who on there would we try to snipe off the PS or who might we want to try for in trade and then following up any whispers or rumors about those players

3) if there are rumors or whispers about a player we'd want to try for being available in trade, that scout calls his contact on the team (who may be another scout) and says "hey, any truth to this?"

So if I understood it correctly, Beane said the scout assigned to cover the Saints called his contact on the Saints and said "is it true you're open to offers about Kamara?"

The Saints contact didn't call him back, which is rude, but not on the same level of arrogance as one GM not returning another GM's call.

But then it came out in the media "Bills called about Kamara and were rebuffed" which isn't exactly how it went down.

Beane said in contrast, he had talked to Carolina's GM about McCaffrey but it quickly became evident that Carolina wanted more than Beane was prepared to offer, so he bowed out.

Edited by Beck Water

5 hours ago, Logic said:

"I have seen a lot of players rehab from ACL injuries. I don’t want to say Tre’ White’s rehab was the best, but I haven’t seen better. I’m real proud of him."

Welp. I guess that puts THAT one to rest. Beane seems to disagree with all of the medical experts on this forum.

But but but they know EVERYTHING don't they?  Don't they?  They don't huh?

6 hours ago, Logic said:

"I have seen a lot of players rehab from ACL injuries. I don’t want to say Tre’ White’s rehab was the best, but I haven’t seen better. I’m real proud of him."

Welp. I guess that puts THAT one to rest. Beane seems to disagree with all of the medical experts on this forum.

This.

My new phrase is, “till I hear it from the Beane/McD, I’m not going to speculate.”. This organization is great at sharing when they need too.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

So based off the comments that I’ve seen in this so far I did not see the actual conference and didn’t have much vote of confidence in McKenzie

Hines is an RB with pass-receiving chops.  Why would Beane's press conference be a "vote of confidence" in any receiver?  I guess he did mention Hines can play receiver, jet sweep, wildcat - them's facts.  Beane could have been asked specifically whether Hines would affect McKenzie's role or Shakir's role.   I didn't hear that question asked.

He said "if we need him to, he can play slot receiver for a game", which sounds kind of like an injury replacement thing. (avert)

Beane said that Hines was someone they looked into before they tried to sign McKissic and ultimately drafted Cook (Hines was under contract so it would have been a trade).  That kind of sounds bad for Cook! but later on in the presser Beane said he didn't see it as affecting "James" at all, there might be packages where Cook and HInes are on the field at the same time. 

He also specifically mentioned that the defense can see Hines is in the huddle, but they don't know how he'll be used since he could line up in the backfield or at slot, and that "we don't want to overload the rookie" but as Cook comes along we could see him used the same way.  I kind of had the impression they were hoping to be using Cook that way already but he's having to be brought along more slowly.  (that seems like contradicting the "don't see it affecting James" assertion? although maybe Beane doesn't see it as such since we're not using Cook that way now?)

Beane specifically mentioned Hines as a punt returner.  He said we lost Crowder earlier in the year, "Shakir has done a really good job but as a rookie, that's a lot", "he's still trying to get his feet settled at WR" which actually, kind of sounds like not much of a vote of confidence in Shakir as a punt returner.   So I'm kind of thinking we're going to see Hines at PR pretty quickly.

3 hours ago, gridirongold said:

Hines and Cook  isn't intimidating at all though is the point. Why ger cute now. We have 3 3rd down rbs. Fact. So what if they're better at te rb and wr if we have a do it all qb .. no reason to protect him with a guy that cam carry 20 plus times ? Just burn him up... The Bills are who they thought they were. The Dolphins jusr got schemeatically better by how much? 

5 hours ago, gridirongold said:

Meanwhile the Dolphins are ready to run it down throats. Stop that and they have speed to burn outside. This is no time to get cute. Hines and Cook backfield. Oh the intimidation.

3 hours ago, gridirongold said:

And don't even deny you saw him give it all he had to the gun til he was worn out physically in their last 2 losses.. at kc and at Miami. The point is preserve the qb and suffocate the opposition . Don't let it come to the last possession.  Ball control 

I'll leave these posts for a moment and just say your post in another thread about moving Cook to the PS is the biggest troll

job I heard in years.  Congrats.  Others may want to hear more from you but that and the posts I highlighted above makes you

Number 1 on my ignore list.  That is something for you to be proud of!

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

but by the time Fantasy Playoffs start he should be steadily getting 12-15 touches a game even with the addition of Hines.  

I would be shocked if this happened.

Bills RB’s average 17 attempts per game. If Cool is getting 12 to 15 attempts per game then Singletary and Hines combined are only carrying the ball 2 to 5 times per game. I just don’t see that happening.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I would be shocked if this happened.

Bills RB’s average 17 attempts per game. If Cool is getting 12 to 15 attempts per game then Singletary and Hines combined are only carrying the ball 2 to 5 times per game. I just don’t see that happening.

It was "touches", not attempts that @BuffaloBillyGalluded to.

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Respectfully, I was actually referring to the recent thread absolutely filled with speculation and insinuation that Tre's recovery wasn't going well, that he was behind schedule, that there had been setbacks.

I think his point was that you made a remark about posters not being doctors, but there is a logical fallacy in that comment, since Beane isn’t a doctor either. 

It Beane was impressed with Tre’s comeback then he must be downright stupefied by Robert Woods. 

Woods tore his ACL two weeks before Tre and was back 3.5 months ago (in training and started the first game of the season).

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I think his point was that you made a remark about posters not being doctors, but there is a logical fallacy in that comment, since Beane isn’t a doctor either. 

It Beane was impressed with Tre’s comeback then he must be downright stupefied by Robert Woods. 

Woods tore his ACL two weeks before Tre and was back 3.5 months ago (in training and started the first game of the season).

This only makes sense IF every human being having an ACL injury is identical.

Is that what you mean?

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It was "touches", not attempts that @BuffaloBillyGalluded to.

Adding receptions increases the total by 4 per game. If Cook is touching the ball 15 times per game, then Singletary and Hines combined would touch the ball 6 times per game (rushing and receiving). It would be the Cook show at RB and Singletary/Hines would just come in a few times per game when he’s tired.

I guess we will see what happens but I would be very surprised if Cook quadruples his touches per game by the playoffs.

Just now, Einstein said:

Adding receptions increases the total by 4 per game. If Cook is touching the ball 15 times per game, then Singletary and Hines combined would touch the ball 6 times per game (rushing and receiving). It would be the Cook show at RB and Singletary/Hines would just come in a few times per game when he’s tired.

I guess we will see what happens but I would be very surprised if Cook quadruples his touches per game by the playoffs.

My point is you talk about things without truly reading what posters say.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

This only makes sense IF every human being having an ACL injury is identical.

Is that what you mean?

Beane said it was the best ACL rehab he has ever seen. Did he mean it was the best ACL rehab he has ever seen Tre White do? That doesn’t make any sense. And I don’t recall Tre’s ACL injury being extra bad or anything.

I think Beane was just being complimentary.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

My point is you talk about things without truly reading what posters say.

The point I made remains the same whether you include receiving touches or not. Adding 4 receiving touches per game split among 3 RB’s is so infinitesimal that it adds no statistical relevance to the discussion. 

So you’re simply arguing semantics. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.