Brandon Beane press conference 11/2

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, julian said:

Can you imagine the arrogance of the Saints GM to not return Bean’s call, Saints acting like they’re still the powerhouse team of years ago and any such inquiry is insulting and thus doesn’t even deserve a call back.

I think the message was "buffalo is interested in Kamara" and his thought was "Im not moving kamara" - so there's no need for a phone call.  

11 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Cook and hines in split back shotgun could be electric. What I’m really wondering is who of the three is the most fantasy viable right now cook McKenzie or shakir lol

none of them most likely.  Much like KC - outside of Mahomes Kelce and JuJu.  Buffalo has Allen Diggs and to a lesser extent davis and singletary.  Everyone else will have good games but its a game flow type of thing. 

13 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I think the message was "buffalo is interested in Kamara" and his thought was "Im not moving kamara" - so there's no need for a phone call.  

none of them most likely.  Much like KC - outside of Mahomes Kelce and JuJu.  Buffalo has Allen Diggs and to a lesser extent davis and singletary.  Everyone else will have good games but its a game flow type of thing. 

Yeah it’s pretty much how I feel too. I’m in a ppr league and dropped cook last week and dropped my stashed shakir today. Had to pick other ppl up. Now here comes a 20 pt game from cook or shakir watch. 

Edited by BillsSbSoon

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So based off the comments that I’ve seen in this so far I did not see the actual conference and didn’t have much vote of confidence in McKenzie

I listened to it and I would not infer that at all.  A "vote of confidence MacKenzie" was not asked of him nor was slot WR even a topic of discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

Beane knows what he wants this team to look like.  A pass catching weapon out of the backfield seems to be a priority.  After JD spurned him in free agency they drafted cook.  After seeing that cook isn't ready to be the player this team needs right now he went and traded for Hines.  Beane got exactly the type of player he envisioned.  He NEVER gives up.  

Edited by Mark92
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Cook and hines in split back shotgun could be electric. What I’m really wondering is who of the three is the most fantasy viable right now cook McKenzie or shakir lol

Shakir really didn't have much fantasy value (redraft leagues) to begin with. I don't see a change. McKenzie is very TD dependent even in PPR leagues. Both should be left on the waiver wire. Cook is an interesting guy to pick up and stash if he's available. I don't see him being much value for the next month or so for fantasy....but by the time Fantasy Playoffs start he should be steadily getting 12-15 touches a game even with the addition of Hines.  

7 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Beane knows what he wants this team to look like.  A pass catching weapon out of the backfield seems to be a priority.  After JD spurned him in free agency they drafted cook.  After seeing that cook isn't ready to be the player this team needs right now he went and traded for Hines.  Beane got exactly the type of player he envisioned.  He NEVER gives up.  

Meanwhile the Dolphins are ready to run it down throats. Stop that and they have speed to burn outside. This is no time to get cute. Hines and Cook backfield. Oh the intimidation.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Listened to it. 

Beane at the mic is so smooth and willing to answer questions. I really appreciate his style. 

I'm happy that on paper the Bills are not going to banish James Cook. Sal C has floated this idea constantly about trust and it doesn't make any sense. 

Cook has largely produced when given touches. So it was good to hear that Beane said he isn't going to come off the field immediately so Hines can take his role. 

Now, will the Bills Coaching Staff actually follow through? Not totally sold on that. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

So based off the comments that I’ve seen in this so far I did not see the actual conference and didn’t have much vote of confidence in McKenzie

I listened to it and McKenzie's name never came up. 

Closest he got was Shakir's role as a WR becoming more dedicated, because now he won't the the punt returner. 

And that Hines can play slot WR for "one game" if needed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Imagine Hines in the slot, Cook in the backfield, Knox at TE with Davis and Diggs split wide. What does a defense do? Keep a LBer on Hines to cover just in case the Bills run the ball With Cook? Bring a CB in when you don’t know where Hines will

line up? Bring a Safety over to cover? It could really create some big-time mismatches on the field.

• Like (+1) 4

39 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

Meanwhile the Dolphins are ready to run it down throats. Stop that and they have speed to burn outside. This is no time to get cute. Hines and Cook backfield. Oh the intimidation.

Ask the other 30 teams who they are more scared of:

Tua, Miami running backs, OL, Hill, Waddle and Gesicki

OR

Allen, Bills running backs, OL, Diggs, Davis and Knox 

I think you’ll have quite the unanimous response, but likely not what you are thinking. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It doesn't put anything to rest.  Beane isn't a doctor either.  I haven't seen anyone predicting Tre couldn't come back from this.  The fact Tre wasn't ready week 1, still hasn't played yet now, goes to show that those of us who said to curb expectations and that Tre may not be ready to start the season were actually correct.  

And when Tre does suit up, he still has to get past the mental aspects of the recovery, which ask any athlete in any sport who has recovered from the same injury and they will tell you was as difficult and important as the physical recovery too.

So...no disrespect here, but I think the people your are trying to say "I told you so" essentially here to are the ones who were actually right all off season.  Tre was not ready week 1, Tre started on the PUP, and Tre is yet to play in a game.  And all anyone was saying all off season was that Tre may not be ready to start the year and we don't know when we will get him back.  And then once he is back, still hard to know how quickly he will get back to form on the field.  

None the less, I am personally fully confident in Tre and his drive, work ethic, etc to put the work in to get back to form as quickly as possible, but I am also not holding an unreasonable expectation either because it may take time for him to find his groove.  I am also not at all worried about that either because we have guys holding down the fort just fine until he does.

Respectfully, I was actually referring to the recent thread absolutely filled with speculation and insinuation that Tre's recovery wasn't going well, that he was behind schedule, that there had been setbacks.

To me, the general manager of the team saying, essentially "I've never seen ACL rehabs better than Tre White's" DOES in fact put that speculation to rest. At least in my mind it does.

I wasn't aware that there was a large continent of people predicting that Tre would be ready to start the season. I've always assumed that a return some time between mid October and mid November was most likely. I didn't think this was really disputed.

But the "something must be wrong!" and "I'm worried, he's behind schedule!" stuff got out of hand, and Beane's comments seem to indicate that there's nothing to that line of thinking.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Respectfully, I was actually referring to the recent thread absolutely filled with speculation and insinuation that Tre's recovery wasn't going well, that he was behind schedule, that there had been setbacks.

To me, the general manager of the team saying, essentially "I've never seen ACL rehabs better than Tre White's" DOES in fact put that speculation to rest. At least in my mind it does.

I wasn't aware that there was a large continent of people predicting that Tre would be ready to start the season. I've always assumed that a return some time between mid October and mid November was most likely. I didn't think this was really disputed.

But the "something must be wrong!" and "I'm worried, he's behind schedule!" stuff got out of hand, and Beane's comments seem to indicate that there's nothing to that line of thinking.

Gotcha, misunderstood.  I thought you meant the offseason speculators like myself that kept saying we needed to draft a CB given we did not know when Tre would be back.  I kept getting so much flack from people saying he was gonna be ready week 1 and we did not need to draft a CB early because of that.  

I totally agree with your sentiment here though now that you explained what you meant.  Them being cautious with Tre literally had nothing to do with it "not going well" and was something I always thought was likely going to happen in the first place.  

So yeah, my bad for misunderstanding where you were coming from, and yup, I 100% agree with you on all of that.  Deleted my post now that I know we were talking about 2 different things as well.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SCBills said:

OR

I think you’ll have quite the unanimous response, but likely not what you are 

Of course whichever side Allen is on. Hopefully doesn't get run down. 

46 minutes ago, SCBills said:

OR

I think you’ll have quite the unanimous response, but likely not what you are thinking. 

Hines and Cook  isn't intimidating at all though is the point. Why ger cute now. We have 3 3rd down rbs. Fact. So what if they're better at te rb and wr if we have a do it all qb .. no reason to protect him with a guy that cam carry 20 plus times ? Just burn him up... The Bills are who they thought they were. The Dolphins jusr got schemeatically better by how much? 

• Eyeroll 1

53 minutes ago, SCBills said:

OR

And don't even deny you saw him give it all he had to the gun til he was worn out physically in their last 2 losses.. at kc and at Miami. The point is preserve the qb and suffocate the opposition . Don't let it come to the last possession.  Ball control 

1 hour ago, gridirongold said:

LMAO...Man, some of you have the absolute worst hot takes.  How many yards did Hill have against the Bills while missing its ENTIRE STARTING SECONDARY and lost one of the backups who started the game actually during that game?  How many rushing yards did they have that game?  How many passing yards did Tua have?  

We will wait while you go google your reality check. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.