Snyder is selling the Commanders

Reed83HOF

6 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

lol it takes actual effort to have a s**t take about literally everything on this board. 

you understand that actual native Americans find the Commanders’ former name offensive. All natives? No. Most Native Americans? Yes. 

it wasn’t a “dumb rebranding” and even if it was, that is not why Snyder is exploring selling the team. 

every night i come here and i read something from @Airseven and i think, no one can be that stupid. But you top yourself everyday. 

Sorry I am not informed here. But why do most natives find the Commanders name more offensive? I have a brother in law whole is full blooded native american and he was so pissed when they dropped the name and logo. Mostly the logo he felt the logo looked like a strong native he was more offended by the Cleveland logo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

Sorry I am not informed here. But why do most natives find the Commanders name more offensive? I have a brother in law whole is full blooded native american and he was so pissed when they dropped the name and logo. Mostly the logo he felt the logo looked like a strong native he was more offended by the Cleveland logo

This sounds like I have a black friend. 

• Disagree 2

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This sounds like I have a black friend. 

Ok? Maybe I should just keep my personal experiences to my self. Or should I get him to directly email you his paperwork. We are not super close but we do talk football maybe he will do it for me.

3 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

Ok? Maybe I should just keep my personal experiences to my self. Or should I get him to directly email you his paperwork. We are not super close but we do talk football maybe he will do it for me.

Look man, I don’t doubt you. But you don’t see the problem with acting like one person speaks for an entire population of people? I have native friends who would have done awful things if they ever met someone who used the word redskins.

honest question, would we ever name a team redskins today? Or the brown Indians like saint bonaventure used to be? Commanders is a dumb name but of all the things to fight, using the term redskins shouldn’t be one imo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Look man, I don’t doubt you. But you don’t see the problem with acting like one person speaks for an entire population of people? I have native friends who would have done awful things if they ever met someone who used the word redskins.

honest question, would we ever name a team redskins today? Or the brown Indians like saint bonaventure used to be? Commanders is a dumb name but of all the things to fight, using the term redskins shouldn’t be one imo.

I wasn't trying to be like that at all just sharing my personal experience. Obviously many didn't like the name and logo its well documented.  I'm not fighting for the term sorry if it came across that way that was not my intention. Like I said I was sharing my personal experience maybe I should have framed it better. My bad 

Edited by Whkfc
Clarity
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, QCity said:

No doubt they got word of this a bit ago which spawned the exploration of selling.

Good f'n riddance...and the new owner should change the name again.  Offer an exchange program for whomever bought Commanders crap.  

19 hours ago, QCity said:

Attorneys general in Virginia and Washington, D.C., also are investigating allegations of financial impropriety.

This is very bad for $nyder for it hurts his chances of approval of Loudoun County stadium.

And such a stadium approval will raise potential price.

18 hours ago, SDS said:

Paragraphs are your friends.

I think he is allergic to it but not as bad as those who use all caps.

3 hours ago, Whkfc said:

I wasn't trying to be like that at all just sharing my personal experience. Obviously many didn't like the name and logo its well documented.  I'm not fighting for the term sorry if it came across that way that was not my intention. Like I said I was sharing my personal experience maybe I should have framed it better. My bad 

I appreciate the discussion. World would be better if people could talk out their differences. Have a great day. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Please tell me you understand the Brown ins Brown Indians refers to the color which represents Franciscans and not skin color.  Or do you think that that Scarlet Knights is a slur against scarlet colored people?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think the confusion here that this name was some injustice demonstrated upon a people despite having a strong proud Native American Logo and that renaming it corrects this huge injustice and everyone is better for it. Nothing changed for Native Americans after this name change, and it certainly didn't make things better.

There are just bigger fish to fry but this takes center stage and the spotlight off of actual issues. "Yay we fixed the name now we can go back to ignoring Native American issues" is all it was.

57 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I appreciate the discussion. World would be better if people could talk out their differences. Have a great day. 

It's funny to me you make a comment like this when you were a total dick to him to start off and he basically apologized and walked away. 

You should probably take a look in the mirror and heed your own advice in the future. 

40 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I think the confusion here that this name was some injustice demonstrated upon a people despite having a strong proud Native American Logo and that renaming it corrects this huge injustice and everyone is better for it. Nothing changed for Native Americans after this name change, and it certainly didn't make things better.

There are just bigger fish to fry but this takes center stage and the spotlight off of actual issues. "Yay we fixed the name now we can go back to ignoring Native American issues" is all it was.

The ironic part about the name change is they basically replaced the natives with American military.  Commanders replaced Redskins. 

Color scheme makes zero sense with this name now. There should have been 3 options: A leave it as is, B adjust the name to something more universally agreeable but within the same realm (e.g., Warriors), C complete rebrand.

But now they have mashed the redskin scheme with a mascot that makes zero sense.  It's a mess. 

5 hours ago, Whkfc said:

Maybe there is little need to rely on anecdotes when studies have already been performed?

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Please tell me you understand the Brown ins Brown Indians refers to the color which represents Franciscans and not skin color.  Or do you think that that Scarlet Knights is a slur against scarlet colored people?

Franciscan Indians sounds even dumber than the potentially racist interpretation.  

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Go Bonnies

30 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Maybe there is little need to rely on anecdotes when studies have already been performed?

Franciscan Indians sounds even dumber than the potentially racist interpretation.  

It’s was Brown Indians.  Your comment is dumber than

most comments. 

I have NO IDEA how people don't inherently understand that "REDSKIN" is a nasty, derogatory term from what is now a bygone era.

Would you enjoy living in Japan and going to a baseball game played by the Osaka Round Eyes?  Or the Yokohama Whities?   LOL

Come on people.  

The funny thing is, no sports team, ever, gave themselves an Indian-oriented nickname with an intent to be derogatory TO THEMSELVES.

They are ALL meant to celebrate positive virtues about the Indian warrior culture, I guess, or something like that.

Ask George Custer and his *entirely* annihilated unit who served under him if the Lakota Indians are tough bastards.

Elements of the 101st Airborne Division gave themselves Mohawk haircuts and WAR PAINT face treatments on June 5, 1944, prior to making their drops in the early hours of the 6th on D-Day.  Why would they do that?  Because they were *real* warriors about to go into battle, and they were trying to tap into that native American warrior mojo.  I personally find this to be one of the coolest things I have read about in the context of WWII.  Makes me proud to be an American.  

Were they doing this to "mock" Indians or themselves?  Hell no!  It was a celebration.  

And there are actual accountings of Germans being scared when they ran into these guys in the dark!  They were kind of spooked by them.  

It's just that "red skin" was almost uniquely derogatory among those Indian-based sports nicknames and it should have gone.

Paratrooper_applies_war_paint_111-SC-193

220px-McNasty.jpg

0bh0c85b4ai81.jpg?auto=webp&s=50c826739a

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It’s was Brown Indians.  Your comment is dumber than

most comments. 

That insult might have had more impact if it hadn't been articulated like a simpleton.  Go Brown Because Its Franciscan And NOT Skin Color Even Though Indians Are Brown Indians!!!!!  Rolls right off the tongue. 

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm sorry my personal experience with a friend offends you. People are so freaking sensitive these days. It's like we all all have to be one single hive mind of stupidity Noone is allowed an opinion that may go against all the little preciouses sensitivities out there. This ***** is crazy I never even considered that my friends opinion as a member of the group being talked about was so blatantly wrong. I'm going back to sports and staying out of any other conversations around here. Peace out yall

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

I'm sorry my personal experience with a friend offends you. People are so freaking sensitive these days. It's like we all all have to be one single hive mind of stupidity Noone is allowed an opinion that may go against all the little preciouses sensitivities out there. This ***** is crazy I never even considered that my friends opinion as a member of the group being talked about was so blatantly wrong. I'm going back to sports and staying out of any other conversations around here. Peace out yall

Nothing about your personal experience bothers me in any way.  Try again.  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.