National Media Take: Only team that can stop Bills from winning SB is the Bills. Agree?

Big Turk

16 minutes ago, H2o said:

If we have a healthy Poyer and Tre in the Secondary going into January, if the OL continues to progress as a unit, and if we can avoid any major injuries the rest of the way to other key players, then there is no reason we can't finally hoist that Lombardi this year. The #1 seed is actually a big deal despite how some act like it doesn't matter. Having that bye week and the promise of every game being at home is a HUGE advantage, especially in our case. This team feels different though. You can sense in every way they are on a mission. From the FO, to the coaching staff, to every player on the field, they all just seem to have that Mamba Mentality right now. It's beautiful to watch. We are not unbeatable by any means. Any given Sunday, you know? But I love how they've had a couple of hard fought, close victories pulled out in the last minute against other division leaders. I also like that they've tasted a bitter loss already this season as well. These things build character. I truly believe this team has what it takes to be the last team standing in February, but there is A LOT of football left between now and then. 

Well said sir....... well said.  

As a forty plus year fan, I can truly say this season feels unbelievably different, and special.  Monday night's game was such an oddity for me, seeing the team come out as flat as they did in the second half, Josh throwing two costly picks(one in the red zone which he NEVER does), the D uncharacteristically not being able to slow down the Pack, yet the outcome was never really in question.  A double digit snoozefest, if you will.  

Like you said, when this team is firing on all cylinders, boy oh boy, they are as unstoppable and dominant a team I've ever witnessed.  Praying the injury bug packs it's bags and goes and sabotages another team and leaves us alone the rest of the season.  People always talk about so many things needing to happen for a team to hoist the Lombardi trophy, from luck, avoiding injuries, etc.  We've been dealing with major injuries to this team since game one, and our only loss came in a game we lost by two points, and for all intents and purposes, we should've walked out of there with a W.  

The Bills so far have built a championship resume, consider they have won by just about every way:

1. Blow out (3)

2. Primetime (3)

3. Come from behind

4. Late game drive to take the lead, i.e. close game

5. Surging to lead and then doing just enough to keep the opponent off the score board

6. MVP destruction (Lamar, Patty, Aaron)

7. H2H win against each other division winner with 2Ws on the road.

8. Perfect at home (3-0) and dominant on the road (3-1)

9. Doing it with a depleted secondary and surviving an early season injury rash.

The teeth of the schedule is over and they are 6-1 with one bounced pass away from being 7-0. 

A W this weekend against the J*E*S*T, JEST, JEST, JESTs and they have a nice 2-game bulge in the division

I think Buffalo needs to play TB in the Superbowl.  It would be the MOST cathartic win ever and would give Josh a victory over everyone that he played with and against in The Match. 🙂 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

They must be reading my comments in the game thread… because I have been saying this for a while…

Unfortunately it’s not 100 percent true… Mahomes can beat them on his day…  I still maintain that when the Bills played them in the playoffs last year,that was his best game of the season…  

afc championship 2020 was Mahomes best game that season as well

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, wjag said:

The Bills so far have built a championship resume, consider they have won by just about every way:

1. Blow out (3)

2. Primetime (3)

3. Come from behind

4. Late game drive to take the lead, i.e. close game

5. Surging to lead and then doing just enough to keep the opponent off the score board

6. MVP destruction (Lamar, Patty, Aaron)

7. H2H win against each other division winner with 2Ws on the road.

8. Perfect at home (3-0) and dominant on the road (3-1)

9. Doing it with a depleted secondary and surviving an early season injury rash.

The teeth of the schedule is over and they are 6-1 with one bounced pass away from being 7-0. 

A W this weekend against the J*E*S*T, JEST, JEST, JESTs and they have a nice 2-game bulge in the division

I think Buffalo needs to play TB in the Superbowl.  It would be the MOST cathartic win ever and would give Josh a victory over everyone that he played with and against in The Match. 🙂 

No way in hell Tampa is playing in the “Match.” 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I still think the Chiefs can. I'd probably take the Bills 7/10 vs the Chiefs but if it is one of the 3 they can absolutely beat the Bills even with the Bills playing well. I think they are the only team that applies to and if that game is in Buffalo tilt it even further in our favour.

You don’t think Philly can?  

if we play a good game (but not our best game) I think Philly and maybe minny (the Hockenson tradr will be huge for them imo) can beat us if they play very well.  

eager to see that Bills Vikes game-  should be a tough game unless we can exploit their corners (who are playing better week by week).

6 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

No way in hell Tampa is playing in the “Match.” 

I'm in the never count Brady out camp.  They are in the weakest division.  And once he gets within sniffing distance of the playoffs, he turns it on.  The man is a primetime player.  It took a herculean effort by Stafford last year to keep him out of the game.  But I understand 'your mileage may vary".

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You don’t think Philly can?  

if we play a good game (but not our best game) I think Philly and maybe minny (the Hockenson tradr will be huge for them imo) can beat us if they play very well.  

eager to see that Bills Vikes game-  should be a tough game unless we can exploit their corners (who are playing better week by week).

Maybe Philly. 1 in 10. They would have an advantage on us in the trenches I think. Particularly their Dline v our Oline. Minny? Less sure. They can give us a game but we'd have to make the sort of mistakes that fall in the "beat yourself" bucket to lose to them I think. 

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This is actually the third different place I have heard/read something like this from National Media with no rooting interests over the past few weeks.

I have to say I agree with this as it will take the other good teams A game to beat us while we play a C game...and even then we probably still have a shot.

The Bills seemingly are the only team that can stop themselves. If they don't turn the ball over and do stupid things, they are nearly impossible to beat.

Thoughts?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/10/buffalo-bills-only-1-team-can-stop-them-from-winning-super-bowl

Just watched a Cover1 breakdown of the passing game vs Packers and that was his concluding statement.

Just started watching the all-22 of that game and I agree.  For example on the very first drive of that game, Josh forced a throw to Gabe that was damned near picked if Gabe hadn't defended it well.  Similar theme against Pittsburgh - Josh didn't force it, but he threw in a way that the DB could jump the throw.

Josh is taking trust throws too far - while he had two other receivers open for shorter gains.  It's one thing to be aggressive, it's another to be wilful/arrogant.  Hopefully this last game provided a gut check and he'll regroup.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe Philly. 1 in 10. They would have an advantage on us in the trenches I think. Particularly their Dline v our Oline. Minny? Less sure. They can give us a game but we'd have to make the sort of mistakes that fall in the "beat yourself" bucket to lose to them I think. 

1 out of 10 huh?  Sheesh.  

yeah, their dline vs our OL- that’s the mismatch.  Slay on Diggs-  Diggs will get his, but slay can slow him down some.  Bradberry is a good match on Davis.  Their OL might be able to slow our pass rush and they have weapons all around.  

other than having 17, I think our biggest advantage in this matchup is having Milano to spy hurts .

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Eagles haven't really played anybody except Minnesota. They did beat Dallas but that was without Dak. They can only play who is on their schedule, but their 7-0 record hasn't been that hard to come by when you look at who they played. The Bills have a week 1 win at LAR, wins at BAL, at KC, and TEN. The Bills have had some quality wins where the Eagles not as much.

WEEK 1 · Sunday, September 11th · 1:00 p.m. EST: @ Detroit Lions (Won 38-35)

WEEK 2 · Monday, Sept 19th · 8:30 p.m. EST:  Minnesota Vikings, 8:30 p.m. EST (Won 24-7)

WEEK 3 · Sunday, Sept 25th · 1:00 p.m. EST: @ Washington Commanders (Won 24-8)

WEEK 4 · Sunday, October 2nd · 1:00 p.m. EST: Jacksonville Jaguars (Won 29-21)

WEEK 5 · Sunday, Oct 9th · 4:25 p.m. EST: @ Arizona Cardinals (Won 20-17)

WEEK 6 · Sunday, Oct 16th · 8:20 p.m. EST: Dallas Cowboys (Won 26-17)

WEEK 7  Bye

WEEK 8 · Sunday, Oct 30th · 1:00 p.m. EST: Pittsburgh Steelers (Won 35-13)

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

They must be reading my comments in the game thread… because I have been saying this for a while…

Unfortunately it’s not 100 percent true… Mahomes can beat them on his day…  I still maintain that when the Bills played them in the playoffs last year,that was his best game of the season…  

Mahomes played his best game against the Bills in the playoffs last year and the Bills ended up beating themselves. 

If Allen brings his 2021 playoffs game into the 2022 playoffs, the Bills are the only team in the Bills’ way. 

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This is actually the third different place I have heard/read something like this from National Media with no rooting interests over the past few weeks.

I have to say I agree with this as it will take the other good teams A game to beat us while we play a C game...and even then we probably still have a shot.

The Bills seemingly are the only team that can stop themselves. If they don't turn the ball over and do stupid things, they are nearly impossible to beat.

Thoughts?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/10/buffalo-bills-only-1-team-can-stop-them-from-winning-super-bowl

So, what you’re saying is that the Bills are the best team in the NFL? I’ll take that, but I refuse to mention the”I” word.

A bored/disinterested effort v GB still yielded a win. We won’t have to worry about disinterest vs. better teams.

Just now, Beerball said:

So, what you’re saying is that the Bills are the best team in the NFL? I’ll take that, but I refuse to mention the”I” word.

A bored/disinterested effort v GB still yielded a win. We won’t have to worry about disinterest vs. better teams.

I honestly think they were disappointed because Green Bay wasn't even trying to win, they were simply trying to "lose by not that much" similar to Jauron era teams that knew they were overmatched.

28 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Just watched a Cover1 breakdown of the passing game vs Packers and that was his concluding statement.

Just started watching the all-22 of that game and I agree.  For example on the very first drive of that game, Josh forced a throw to Gabe that was damned near picked if Gabe hadn't defended it well.  Similar theme against Pittsburgh - Josh didn't force it, but he threw in a way that the DB could jump the throw.

Josh is taking trust throws too far - while he had two other receivers open for shorter gains.  It's one thing to be aggressive, it's another to be wilful/arrogant.  Hopefully this last game provided a gut check and he'll regroup.

I thought he could have easily run for good yardage if not first downs on both the first INT and the overthrow to Kumerow that kept them from running out the clock.

5 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Yeah, I'm hearing that Tua has now reached elite status, and the Dolphins have caught the Biils & Chiefs.

Yup...lets see what happens when Tua visits Buffalo later this season.  The team is going to be pumped for that game and the stadium will be rocking.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.