National Media Take: Only team that can stop Bills from winning SB is the Bills. Agree?

Big Turk

This is actually the third different place I have heard/read something like this from National Media with no rooting interests over the past few weeks.

I have to say I agree with this as it will take the other good teams A game to beat us while we play a C game...and even then we probably still have a shot.

The Bills seemingly are the only team that can stop themselves. If they don't turn the ball over and do stupid things, they are nearly impossible to beat.

Thoughts?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/10/buffalo-bills-only-1-team-can-stop-them-from-winning-super-bowl

Edited by Big Turk
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 8

I would just like to see them have the ability to be more balanced

Our go To move is Josh Allen’s arm and the passing game but there is going to come a game this season where nothing is going right passes getting dropped pass protection not doing a job Alan having a bad day etc. etc.

When this happens I would love to be able to see this team just knuckle down and grind out first downs to win a game not that I want to see it all the time I just want to know that we can do it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

This was true last year as well, and that one team stopped the Bills.  By losing to Jax and Tennessee and thereby losing home field in the playoffs, then losing the 13 seconds against KC, the Bills stopped themselves. 

So I take little comfort from this article, and I worry a lot more about how they played in the second half against GB than a lot of people seem to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

They must be reading my comments in the game thread… because I have been saying this for a while…

Unfortunately it’s not 100 percent true… Mahomes can beat them on his day…  I still maintain that when the Bills played them in the playoffs last year,that was his best game of the season…  

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

This is actually the third different place I have heard/read something like this from National Media with no rooting interests over the past few weeks.

I have to say I agree with this as it will take the other good teams A game to beat us while we play a C game...and even then we probably still have a shot.

The Bills seemingly are the only team that can stop themselves. If they don't turn the ball over and do stupid things, they are nearly impossible to beat.

Thoughts?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/10/buffalo-bills-only-1-team-can-stop-them-from-winning-super-bowl

I mean, maybe. This is such an incredibly cliched, reused trope at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if a bot wrote it. (And given it’s USAToday, it probably was.)

“Only thing stopping [team X] is themselves.” 

we’ve seen this written every. single. time a team in ANY sport emerges as dominant. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

The Bills are turning the ball over a lot this year. I hope they can clean that up before the playoffs.

Agree. It cost them in Miami-that is the only way the fish beat us. This is the one big thing I think they need to clean up.

I still think the Chiefs can. I'd probably take the Bills 7/10 vs the Chiefs but if it is one of the 3 they can absolutely beat the Bills even with the Bills playing well. I think they are the only team that applies to and if that game is in Buffalo tilt it even further in our favour.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

If we have a healthy Poyer and Tre in the Secondary going into January, if the OL continues to progress as a unit, and if we can avoid any major injuries the rest of the way to other key players, then there is no reason we can't finally hoist that Lombardi this year. The #1 seed is actually a big deal despite how some act like it doesn't matter. Having that bye week and the promise of every game being at home is a HUGE advantage, especially in our case. This team feels different though. You can sense in every way they are on a mission. From the FO, to the coaching staff, to every player on the field, they all just seem to have that Mamba Mentality right now. It's beautiful to watch. We are not unbeatable by any means. Any given Sunday, you know? But I love how they've had a couple of hard fought, close victories pulled out in the last minute against other division leaders. I also like that they've tasted a bitter loss already this season as well. These things build character. I truly believe this team has what it takes to be the last team standing in February, but there is A LOT of football left between now and then. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

When they got smoke and Beasley and re tooled the whole offense it was a fun season and pretty cool they could hang with anyone in the league. 

Then adding Diggs and other pieces was fun because they were capable of beating anyone in the league. 

Now after Von and Daquan and the growth of others they are expected to beat everyone, and not just beat them but completely dominate. Winning by 10 isn’t even good enough because they played a bad half. 

It’s hard to dominate all phases of the game week in and week out. But I do believe if Buffalo plays their best ball they are pretty unbeatable. Still a lot of season left and I’d prefer a little sloppiness now opposed to playoff time. It’s been a fun ride getting to this level and I wish more posters enjoyed it instead of focusing on negatives and players they dislike

4 hours ago, unbillievable said:

I heard a rumor that some pundits are giving Miami the Superbowl now.

Miami should get the Super Bowl from time to time. It's Florida a warm weather climate so why wouldn't Miami get the Super Bowl? If you mean the Dolphins, then LOL not gonna happen.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.