Bills Trade For Dean Marlowe

17islongenough

Just now, Joe Ferguson said:

Give the Bills organization credit. They knew Poyer is more prone to injury because of his age so they decided not to pay this guy.

When did they decide that?  I must have missed the announcement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Another Fact is Hyde Poyer and White teamed up and let a Hail Murray win a game. Not sure what your angle is regarding Marlowe and the fact he was part of team that got burned on a Hail Mary.

b158ecee-73b9-46ee-ae6d-ea8d3d98f261-_S_

1e7227be-ae3c-4827-8f97-0bdfd13bde7a.jpe

That was one hell of a catch by Hopkins. 

Great players make great plays.

Not sure you can defend that catch much better as Hopkins high pointed the catch and has both ends of the ball.

He was in the best position to win that one. It happens.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

Not sure why Dean didn’t turn his hips and run for the endzone when that receiver got within 10 yards of him. Players make mistakes all time, they’re human, but that hail mary  should’ve been easier to defend. 

its Hopkins

Maybe he hoped Baby Jesus had coverage over the top of the route?

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

When did they decide that?  I must have missed the announcement.

it was on twitter I think ....

32 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

its Hopkins

Maybe he hoped Baby Jesus had coverage over the top of the route?

it was on twitter I think ....

Not the Hopkins hail Murray, I meant the DJ Moore prayer that happened on the last play in regulation this past weekend.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Bandito said:

Yes that is a fact. Another fact is that D. Marlowe gave up a hail mary that tied the game. 

And It means NOTHING. So you can hang your little uneducated football hat on in game events that MEAN NOT A DAMN THING. Enjoy. 

15 hours ago, Augie said:

I think the point is, at least for me, nobody wins every play. You need to look at the big picture to have an overall opinion. Even the best players fail at times. Nobody is saying Marlowe is an All Pro, but the general consensus is he can make us a better team. That’s good enough for me. 

Augster, I’m just weighing in on the trade, but what you wrote as I get the jist  of the discussion.  You’re correct.  Anyone can dissect one play and poke a hole.  To say the opposite means you don’t know football.  That’s like saying, I don’t want Josh Allen because he threw two pics in the Packers game.

Dean Marlowe is no JA, but he has been with us before and the Panthers as a rookie under McD.  He knows the system and is just a depth safety.  It was a very shrewd decision on Beane’s part. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

Why the anger? I was just pointing out he was one of the players who gave up the hail mary vs the Panthers in Atlanta last weekend. Anger management classes should be considered

And I am pointing out your trolling is meaningless. 

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

You know there is an ignore function, correct? Might save you from being so angry all the time. Good luck in life.

Are you a certified psychiatrist (or just certified) if you are I think it is time to pull your license, I am the furthest thing from Angry troll.

3 hours ago, Bandito said:

Why the anger? I was just pointing out he was one of the players who gave up the hail mary vs the Panthers in Atlanta last weekend. Anger management classes should be considered

That throw by Walker was incredible...67+ yards in the air from his own 35 to 2-3 yards deep in the endzone...might be the longest air yard throw in the NFL this year.

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I am not criticizing him. Just saying he was out there on that hail mary. Facts

Apologies, might have misunderstood. I thought you were saying Marlowe didn't have a chance with the Falcons Hail Mary; I was saying the pundits thought he would have done had he positioned himself better.

7 minutes ago, Bandito said:

No need to apologize. All players can improve and do better. I was pointing out on this thread that DM was one of the players who did not stop the Hail Mary play. Thought it was relevant to discussion given we had just traded for him. However holier than thou posters on here lost their mind over my post and attacked me relentlessly for it. So much so I blocked many of them. It is crazy how blinded by homerism most on here are. I try to use facts, reason and common sense. You seem to do the same which is good.

oh stop it.  you were asked multiple time what was the point exactly of point out that one specific fact, and you wouldn't.  you say you use facts, but couldn't articulate why.  i also used facts.  what about those?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

In fairness to most NFL players, who thought PJ Walker could make that throw?

Not me. And it wasn't like some high arcing throw, that ball got there in a hurry. He did get to basically wind up and step into it tho for a few yards as there was nobody near him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.