Bills Trade For Dean Marlowe

17islongenough

https://sicscore.com/nfl/updates/2022-nfl-trade-deadline-5-deals-that-increased-overall-team-health

Bills Add Depth at Safety With Dean Marlowe

With Micah Hyde out for the season after undergoing back surgery and Jordan Poyer dealing with a left elbow injury he reaggravated Sunday night, Buffalo swapped a seventh-round pick for Atlanta safety Dean Marlowe.

Marlowe got his first start of the season in Week 8 filling in for Jaylinn Hawkins. The seven-year veteran has 11 combined tackles on the season. Last season with Detroit, he had 67 combined tackles and 2 passes defended in 16 games.

28 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Sure it is. Pointing out how he played in his latest game isn't relevant? If you don't like it, you can ignore it or believe in facts

I choose ignore .... on Bandito.

Reminds me of those in inquisition who had those hanged for not believing "Fact" that world was flat.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Sure it is. Pointing out how he played in his latest game isn't relevant? If you don't like it, you can ignore it or believe in facts

One play in one game is not indicative of anything. That's why that fact is irrelevant.

Just now, Bandito said:

Sure it is. I pointed out what happened. He was part of the hail mary that should have won the game for the Panthers. Pointing out facts is irrelevant now? Good luck out there in a fact-less world

OK, let me ask you this: what does your fact mean about Marlowe, and do you think it has a real impact on what he is as a player and how he will perform in the future?

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

Exactly. You posted a fact. I posted a fact. It is crazy how buthurt you and other posters got after I posted that he gave up a hail mary. It is really baffling that me posting facts upset you that much.

Fact IS Atlanta WON the football game Right??

15 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Yes that is a fact. Another fact is that D. Marlowe gave up a hail mary that tied the game. 

Another Fact is Hyde Poyer and White teamed up and let a Hail Murray win a game. Not sure what your angle is regarding Marlowe and the fact he was part of team that got burned on a Hail Mary.

b158ecee-73b9-46ee-ae6d-ea8d3d98f261-_S_

1e7227be-ae3c-4827-8f97-0bdfd13bde7a.jpe

I heard somewhere that Dean Marlowe gave up a Hail Mary that tied a game!!!! Is this true???  I listened to Beane's presser today and I didn't hear anyone ask him about it!!!  And I didn't hear Beane mention it as one the factors he evaluated in whether or not to Bring Marlowe back!!!  Does this mean Beane wasn't aware of it?  He's our GM!!!!!!  Or maybe he did know and he and just ignored it - hoping nobody had done their homework and uncovered such an important fact???

How can I trust him to build a team into a SB contender if he didn't even know about a fact this critical, or, worse, did know and is willing to put a DB on this team that has given up a Hail Mary????

Beane needs to understand that facts matter!!!!!!

I'm officially concerned....

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Another Fact is Hyde Poyer and White teamed up and let a Hail Murray win a game. Not sure what your angle is regarding Marlowe and the fact he was part of team that got burned on a Hail Mary.

b158ecee-73b9-46ee-ae6d-ea8d3d98f261-_S_

1e7227be-ae3c-4827-8f97-0bdfd13bde7a.jpe

Hey, it happens, and I am long over it. 

BUT, every time I see a replay of that or pics like above, it’s CRAZY how covered he was with that unlikely outcome. Amazing play, sometimes you just shake your head and keep moving forward. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Bandito said:

I pointed it out as a failed play on his part? Yes they did too. That is also a fact. What is your point?

I think the point is, at least for me, nobody wins every play. You need to look at the big picture to have an overall opinion. Even the best players fail at times. Nobody is saying Marlowe is an All Pro, but the general consensus is he can make us a better team. That’s good enough for me. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I pointed it out as a failed play on his part? Yes they did too. That is also a fact. What is your point?

My point is I checked in on this thread and I keep seeing references to Dean Marlowe allowing a Hail Mary

If it was just a passing mention I would of ignored it, but since it keeps showing up I just assumed you are not happy with Dean Marlowe being a Bill

Good players have bad days, and bad players have good days... So I'm not sure of the point of your post in general

Does acquiring Dean help us or hurt us given the fact we are down 1 safety with another battling Elbow issues

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I heard somewhere that Dean Marlowe gave up a Hail Mary that tied a game!!!! Is this true???  I listened to Beane's presser today and I didn't hear anyone ask him about it!!!  And I didn't hear Beane mention it as one the factors he evaluated in whether or not to Bring Marlowe back!!!  Does this mean Beane wasn't aware of it?  He's our GM!!!!!!  Or maybe he did know and he and just ignored it - hoping nobody had done their homework and uncovered such an important fact???

How can I trust him to build a team into a SB contender if he didn't even know about a fact this critical, or, worse, did know and is willing to put a DB on this team that has given up a Hail Mary????

facts!

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

That is because Jerry Sullivan (who would be natural to ask this question) was busy on TSW posting replies to his inane post.

Do you expect him to use two brain cells simultaneously?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.