Bills Trade For Dean Marlowe

17islongenough

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have no real recollection of him when we was here. Anyone want to fill me in? 

Stuck on the roster nearly every season McDermott has been coach. He’s a McBeane Special, versatile, smart, team first kinda player. Knows the system very well, said to be able to help out a lot of younger/newer guys with learning the scheme. Plays all special teams and only played at safety here and there since Poyer and Hyde had been rather healthy up until this season. I recall Marlowe recovered the fumble caused by Justin Zimmer on Cam Newton when they played the Pats at home in 2020. I also just recently learned they added Zimmer to the practice squad a few weeks ago. I think he left after 2020 with an injury settlement. Can’t recall where or if he played in 2021 and now he’s back. 

It’s a smart trade for them considering Hyde is out and Poyer is really beat up this year. I would think Hamlin stays out there whether it’s Poyer or Marlowe next to him. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

Stuck on the roster nearly every season McDermott has been coach. He’s a McBeane Special, versatile, smart, team first kinda player. Knows the system very well, said to be able to help out a lot of younger/newer guys with learning the scheme. Plays all special teams and only played at safety here and there since Poyer and Hyde had been rather healthy up until this season. I recall Marlowe recovered the fumble caused by Justin Zimmer on Cam Newton when they played the Pats at home in 2020. I also just recently learned they added Zimmer to the practice squad a few weeks ago. I think he left after 2020 with an injury settlement. Can’t recall where or if he played in 2021 and now he’s back. 

It’s a smart trade for them considering Hyde is out and Poyer is really beat up this year. I would think Hamlin stays out there whether it’s Poyer or Marlowe next to him. 

One year both Hyde and Poyer were out at different times and each time Dean was inserted and defense continued to play well.

Bills said they wanted to keep him but there cap issues.

Hamlin and Marlowe will be sold safeties with Hamlin being the thumper and Marlowe being the flexible one.

10 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Hey it is the guy who gave up the hail mary to D. Moore! Welcome back

Come on man. Tre, Poyer, and Hyde (combined on the same play) gave up a hail mary to win a game two years ago against the Cards. It’s football. Things happen. At least Marlowe’s team didn’t lose. Personally, I love this move. Shrewd move to shore up depth. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Come on man. Tre, Poyer, and Hyde (combined on the same play) gave up a hail mary to win a game two years ago against the Cards. It’s football. Things happen. At least Marlowe’s team didn’t lose. Personally, I love this move. Shrewd move to shore up depth. 

Some posters are always looking for that cloud inside the silver lining....

• Like (+1) 1

So deadline day brought 

The pass catching back they have been looking for 

and All Pro CB

Depth CB

Depth Safety 

productive deadline day. 

next move OBJ 

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

Hey it is the guy who gave up the hail mary to D. Moore! Welcome back

Did they lose? 

• Like (+1) 1

Good move to bring in a guy who knows the defense and personnel.  He can play special teams and can be a veteran presence on the field and sideline for the young DBs.  This will factor in later down the line (Miami, NY Jets and NE games)

8 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Facts matter. 

So your entire opposition to Dean Marlowe is that he gave up a hail mary pass? It is the only fact you have mentioned. Nothing else. So, by your own criteria, you would have to be opposed to having any DB on this team that ever gave up a hail mary pass.

Facts do matter. If you are going to present one superficial stat, then be prepared to be called out on just how idiotic you sound.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Nice call.

I had given up on Beane finding a vet safety for depth, but Beane is the man.

Not splashy, but helps with the unknowns with Poyer's elbow.

Yep - If poyer misses some time he can contribute.  Even if it's still Johnson as the backup, he has pressure knowing that there's a trusted player behind him.  

Beyond this - he can possibly get a look as a 3rd safety in some of those looks we tried against KC with Kelce. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Exactly. You posted a fact. I posted a fact. It is crazy how buthurt you and other posters got after I posted that he gave up a hail mary. It is really baffling that me posting facts upset you that much.

It's not the fact, it is the relevancy of the fact. Your fact is not really relevant or meaningful.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.