Bills Trade For Dean Marlowe

17islongenough

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Huh? 

I mean this isn’t a problem. But, what? 

I think I forgot they traded Hock - I really like their offense it’s one of the best olines in the league.  2 good RBs.  Swift can be elite.  I think St. Brown is.  If we are missing Poyer vs them it won’t be a cakewalk on defense.  

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I think I forgot they traded Hock - I really like their offense it’s one of the best olines in the league.  2 good RBs.  Swift can be elite.  I think St. Brown is.  If we are missing Poyer vs them it won’t be a cakewalk on defense.  

All that aside-

They haven’t given up more than 21 points all season. That includes the chiefs, dolphins, titans and reigning super bowl champs. 

Jared Goff will not hang 35 on this team, with or without Poyer or Hockenson in either lineup IMO.

They are elite. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This move actually makes me fairly concerned about Poyer's injury. Hamlin and Johnson is a huge step down from where we started the year. I hope Poyer isn't gone for the year.

This is likely a replacement for Cam Lewis. Bills had only been carrying 3 real safeties since Hyde went on IR. At the very least if Poyer misses any time we gave Hamlin, Johnson and Marlowe and we don't have to rely on Cam Lewis at S.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Will they cut him when Poyer comes back?

Feels like they're throwing away draft picks.

Bills go from having the best safety tandem in the league to one of the worst in half a season. 😩

We had a total of 3 Safeties on the roster and now Poyer's availability is in question. Another Safety was necessary before Poyer got hurt again. Marlowe isn't going anywhere this season. 

52 minutes ago, Logic said:

I called for this in the “when is Benford moving to safety” thread.

This trade made too much sense not to at least check in on. I’m just surprised the Falcons said yes.

Marlowe knows and has produced in our defensive system. Should hit the ground running.

Neither this nor Hines are earth shattering moves, but both make the Bills better and deeper.

It was all you man

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Welcome back Dean. I'm guessing Poyer's not coming back this season.

It's amazing the giant leaps people make with minimal information. Hines signs: They are done with Cook.  Marlow signs: Poyer is done for the year.  Seriously?  Anyone ever year of depth?

I'm not saying Poyer won't be out. I'm not even sure the Bills know for sure at the moment. Just don't know why you would immediately jump to the most extreme conclusion.

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

So we've given up a 6 and a 7 and added quality depth. 

Add Moss to what they gave up. But it looks like a classic Beane move that should help the team moving forward, IMO. Nothing splashy, just smart.

There may be a FA move coming, as well.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

We are 6-1, the best team in the NFL and some fans dislike half the team. It’s weird. 

Some of these peeps posting seem like they don't like the team at all. Very strange to me...

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.