Bills Trade For Dean Marlowe

17islongenough

21 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Welcome back Dean. I'm guessing Poyer's not coming back this season.

I doubt he is out for the year but might be 3-6 weeks. It kinda pisses me off that he is dealing with this again because he took the elbow brace off...like I know it isn't super comfortable to play in, but that's not something you want to re-injure.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I doubt he is out for the year but might be 3-6 weeks. It kinda pisses me off that he is dealing with this again because he took the elbow brace off...

I think they would’ve used IR if that was the case. They cut 2 players they liked 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I don’t think Marlowe is coming in here to be a starting safety. Like Hines, Marlowe is very good on STs. You know who plays a lot of STs for the Bills….Jaquan Johnson. This will allow Johnson the opportunity to focus on safety while Marlowe provides depth and take his STs  spot 

• Like (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, DJB said:

Yay! 

Anyone know if he can play MLB, RB or WR?!!?

Funny, just a few hours ago you were pointing out that we needed safety depth...

Did you post "Yay! Can he play safety?!!?" in the thread on Hines, the RB that can probably also play WR?

16 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I hate paying for guys that we let go, but I'll live with the 7th.  Welcome back Christopher.  

Hodgins and Bryant, GAN!!!!  Did not see that comin'....

The baseball team in Atlanta have done this so many times in the past few years. Different sport, but same idea/principles. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, WMDman said:

sweet deal Dean knows the system and played well when called upon

imo this has more to do with Jaquan Johnson then Poyer

Agree, J Johnson is an UFA next year and I don't see him getting re-signed.

Marlowe is capable and knowing the system this late in the year is a big plus.  I now feel better at the S position.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Agree, J Johnson is an UFA next year and I don't see him getting re-signed.

Marlowe is capable and knowing the system this late in the year is a big plus.  I now feel better at the S position.

Marlowe is a UFA too tho, he is on a 1 year deal.

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I don’t think Marlowe is coming in here to be a starting safety. Like Hines, Marlowe is very good on STs. You know who plays a lot of STs for the Bills….Jaquan Johnson. This will allow Johnson the opportunity to focus on safety while Marlowe provides depth and take his STs  spot 

I would much prefer to see Johnson stay on teams and Marlowe fill his starting role...unlike Johnson, Marlowe was very productive for us when he started.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.