Bills trade for Nyheim Hines

BLeonard

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's called Singletary and Moss were never getting extended. 

Hines is not a replacement for either of them. He's a replacement for the guy we just drafted.

Edit: I should clarify that if the Bills think Hines gives them a better shot at a Super Bowl than Cook, I'm fine with the trade. It's just clearly not a move for a future RB1.

Edited by MPT
  • Disagree 4
  • Dislike 1

Bills added more speed to their roster at RB and enhanced special teams for minimal draft capital. Yes it sucks the pick on Moss didn’t work out but it happens to every team. Wish him nothing but the best in Indy unless he’s playing the Bills.

IMO, this offseason could see a lot of movement at RB across the league. Unless the Bills land a big fish, solid chance DS is back. I don’t see a huge market for him and would think they’ll resign him to a team friendly deal. 

Edited by TFBillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

Hines is not a replacement for either of them. He's a replacement for the guy we just drafted.

Incorrect.  This trade is the perfect example of how you build an offense according to its identity.  

Cook and Hines for the next three years.  Both are strong in areas we need our backs to be plus fast and quick. 

• Like (+1) 1

The real upside I hope to see from this trade is to have Allen and Dorsey raise Hines's game as a weapon to a higher level. They can have that effect on people.
I see the trade as a positive in the short term mostly because Moss could not be counted on to contribute much and Crowder is out. Hines, a veteran, also takes some of the pressure of rooks Shakir and Cook.

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Well Pat Mcafee says I'll love him. I hope so. I think they are not impressed with J Cook. I'll trust Beane on this.

They have tons of time to evaluate what Cook can and can't do. Hines' play in 20 & 21 as a non starter RB is impressive. We were never keeping Moss and extending Motor.

6 minutes ago, n8dg14 said:

Incorrect.  This trade is the perfect example of how you build an offense according to its identity.  

Cook and Hines for the next three years.  Both are strong in areas we need our backs to be plus fast and quick. 

Don't get me wrong, I like both of their skill sets. But neither of them are going to grind out yards between the tackles-- something which Singletary has become very good at. 

1 minute ago, MPT said:

Don't get me wrong, I like both of their skill sets. But neither of them are going to grind out yards between the tackles-- something which Singletary has become very good at. 

And Singletary will never be a receiving matchup problem for defenses, something Hines is very good at. So it’s a complimentary relationship.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2022/11/is-new-bills-rb-nyheim-hines-crazy-his-punt-return-mantra-says-it-all.html

“Before I go back there, I say, ‘I don’t care about my life.’ Every time,” Hines told the media in 2021 when asked if it took a certain type of crazy to be a return man.

It takes a special person to look up in the air while all the other people are looking to rip your head off.”

Andre' Roberts used to say "it helps if you have a screw loose"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.