Bills trade for Nyheim Hines

BLeonard

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Cook doesn't run a 4.38

Look at Hines' numbers in 2020. 7 tds and nearly 900 yards from scrimmage as a PT player. This addition is solid RB depth for little cost.

Well Pat Mcafee says I'll love him. I hope so. I think they are not impressed with J Cook. I'll trust Beane on this.

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Also, note that this team has zero RBs that could be described as "short-yardage" backs.   That is an area the team is pretty deficient in.

Moss was the “short-yardage” back.  He always got a yard…..or less. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

The lack of actual football knowledge by some in this thread is sad. If you are complaining about this trade, you're bad at math too. We traded away a game day inactive for a backup with speed who can contribute on special teams. He is not the same type of player as Cook and gives this backfield a set of reliable hands and gamebreaking speed. 

Bravo.  Thanks too about these Cook comparisons.  This "he's the same as Cook" and "they must not trust Cook" stuff is ludicrous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

The TBD clown show is in full effect!!

How can you not LOVE this move?

First of all getting rid of Moss alone is addition by subtraction. I had high hopes, he sucked, we are on to Cincinnati. All you clowns bellyaching OMG BEANE DOESNT KNOW WHAT HES DOING AT RB can suck it. Only at TBD do fans expect a perfect GM, a perfect QB, a perfect OC, a perfect team every play, every down every time.

Now this doesn’t mean Cook sucks, it doesn’t mean Singletary is gone. Not one of you know what McBeane is thinking in terms of how we are going to utilize him. We can only guess and time will tell. So no we didn’t waste a second round pick on Cook.

Here’s my completely uninformed opinion which is as much of a guess as the rest of yours -

1) Singletary is going to carry the load and be spelled by Cook

2) Hines is going to start off in the 3rd down roll for both of them

All three are going too see the field with Singletary being the bell cow for as much as a RB can be on this team

I LOVE this move. Hines has talent, he’s versatile, he plays ST/RB/Slot. He’s a Swiss Army knife which we hope and think Cook turns into. I love this move because it takes the pressure off Cook and allows McBeane to bring him along and not force him into action. YES, I expected more from Cook sooner BUT just like Josh (and no not at Josh’s level so relax) you can see the talent, the potential that’s there. This allows McBeane to bring him along while we are in a SB window but not have to depend on Cook if he’s not ready. Also, the NFL season is a lot longer than college and they don’t want Cook burning out and hitting the rookie wall.

I think Singletary gets re-signed and this gives us leverage to get him to take a team friendly deal. I see all 3 of these guys next year with Cook eventually being number one after he packs on a little muscle with the TB12 method.

Add in the fact that we have Marlow back as safety insurance and Beane is a friggin WIZARD

BTW, the fact that McAfee who knows the colts inside and out loves this moves for the Bills, then lost his sht when he heard the compensation is GOLD

Imagine him and cook on the field at the same time. They could do a lot with that

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Then they should give Cook more than 10 snaps per game

I suspect Cook doesn’t have a firm enough grasp of several aspects of the game at this point otherwise we probably would see him more. It takes a while. Especially understanding coverage schemes, protection schemes, hot routes, etc. Dorsey has been wanting this type of RB since free agency. Looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

The lack of actual football knowledge by some in this thread is sad. If you are complaining about this trade, you're bad at math too. We traded away a game day inactive for a backup with speed who can contribute on special teams. He is not the same type of player as Cook and gives this backfield a set of reliable hands and gamebreaking speed. 

I don't think people are complaining, some are simply not as high on him as others. Beane traded for him, now I just heard Pat McAfee rave about him, someone who watches every Colts game. Personally, I have more hope than I did a few hours ago.

46 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Maybe the part of the trade I don't understand is how anyone could think Cook and Hines are the 1 and 2 next year.

Neither can play in short yardage or between the tackles situations, which, ya know, is important.

That’s what our 2023 second round pick will be for.  Duh. 

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

My desire is to see the Bills line up with a 3 WR, I formation with Gilliam as FB and Hines as RB, run a play. Then hurry up and run a 4 WR 1 TE play with the same personnel thanks to both backs being capable of two roles.

Gilliam has become a top 5 FB. I know that's a low bar, but it still helps.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Hines is faster and a better route runner than both the guys we have.  As far as pass catching goes he’s a significant upgrade 

over what we had before.  

40-Yard Times:

Nyheim Hines       4.38

James Cook          4.42

Devin Singletary   4.66

Zach Moss            4.65

3 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

I can't believe that the Bills traded Moss.  No, no, not because he's good.  Because he's not.  I can't believe that someone would *actually trade for Moss*.  This has probably already been discussed, but didn't read through the whole thread, so carry on.

Believe it or not, there's some Colts fans on their board saying Moss is better than Hines. 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bravo.  Thanks too about these Cook comparisons.  This "he's the same as Cook" and "they must not trust Cook" stuff is ludicrous.

its not ludicrous- listen to the coach..  

media …. Blah blah blah… nice game for cook

Sean… blah blah some good things running ball, lot more to being a rb. 

clearly there is more they want out of cook and maybe he’s not there yet.  

See bills offers for McCaffrey, Kamera and ultimately  trade for Hines. 

not hard to piece this pattern together 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.