Bills trade for Nyheim Hines

BLeonard

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The rams won the super bowl with a 80% Kupp.  I’m really only worried if Diggs gets hurt.  As long as we have him, we have a great chance regardless of the competition.  He’s better than ever.  

I understand that the Bills could not afford (cap) to bring in a high price get.  I am not a huge Kadarius Toney fan, but I liked that move by the Chiefs.

I don’t know who could have been had (maybe nobody), but it is game over if Diggs goes down.  Now, probably would be anyway even if they had brought someone in by trade.  However, if Davis gets hurt again, who can play?  Not McKenzie or Kumerow.

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

Hopefully I’m wrong, but I really don’t envision him doing anything on offense that we don’t already get from Motor and Cook. Definitely a big upgrade over Moss though and the price was a bargain.

Hines is faster and a better route runner than both the guys we have.  As far as pass catching goes he’s a significant upgrade 

over what we had before.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

Then they should give Cook more than 10 snaps per game

I would love to see Cook get more work.  We really dont have any idea what they are seeing in practice and stuff like that though.  I find it hard to believe if he was tearing it up in practice that they wouldnt use him more in a game but who knows.

Not going to read through 29 pages, but…

This is a solid move. Earth shattering? No. Does it improve the Buffalo Bills? I believe it does. 

Obviously, for whatever reason, they don’t fully trust Cook to be the primary pass catching back at this point. Maybe he has struggled to learn the playbook. Maybe they don’t trust his pass blocking. Whatever the reason, they clearly still wanted more help there. Hines provides it.

You can tell a bit about a player by how fans of the team that is trading him away respond to the news. In this case, most Colts fans really did not want to see Hines go.

He’s one of the heart and soul players of the Colts locker room. Can return punts, provide pass catching acumen, explosiveness, and a change of pace for the Bills offense. 

If nothing else, he provides good depth and is an upgrade over Moss. The Bills now have three running backs who can actually contribute on game days, rather than just two.

Excited to see what he can do in the Bills offense.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

And Cook averages twice the yardage per reception. Hines has never had a reception as long as the one Cook had on Sunday, in 4 1/2 years. Rushing the ball Hines longest run is 34 yards vs Cook at 33 yards, again that Hines best in 4 1/2 years vs Cook who's played very little in 7 games. Cook makes bigger plays. And the Colts have had a good OL during Hines time there.

They didnt trade Cook for him, he is 

still on the team and will still get touches. This is about Moss being redundant and Hines being a more experienced and dependable pass catcher. 89% catch rate to 63% is a signicant difference when trying to convert 3rd downs. Nobody said Hines was more dangerous than Cook with the ball. This is for the SB run. Cook has plenty of time to keep getting better and will keep being a part of the offense.

He is not being replaced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Hopefully I’m wrong, but I really don’t envision him doing anything on offense that we don’t already get from Motor and Cook. Definitely a big upgrade over Moss though and the price was a bargain.

You will when you see him split out wide and in the types of routes he runs from out there, out of the backfield, or out of the slot. Motor and Cook don’t have his speed or route running ability and neither can be that kind of matchup nightmare as a result. Dorsey has been wanting this kind of weapon for a while.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

They didnt trade Cook for him, he is 

still on the team and will still get touches. This is about Moss being redundant and Hines being a more experienced and dependable pass catcher. 89% catch rate to 63% is a signicant difference when trying to convert 3rd downs. Nobody said Hines was more dangerous than Cook with the ball. This is for the SB run. Cook has plenty of time to keep getting better and will keep being a part of the offense.

He is not being replaced.

You were pointing out catch rates for both, while I pointed out big play ability for each. There's some good and bad for both.

4 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

This is not a good trade, we have 2 guys that can do what he does. Plus his contact is a hindrance to getting OBJ. not that we need him either. Give Gilliam some thumper carries and let's see more of Shakir. 

We have no RB who can do what he does as a receiver from every receiver position and present the matchup problems as a result. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

The lack of actual football knowledge by some in this thread is sad. If you are complaining about this trade, you're bad at math too. We traded away a game day inactive for a backup with speed who can contribute on special teams. He is not the same type of player as Cook and gives this backfield a set of reliable hands and gamebreaking speed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.