Bills trade for Nyheim Hines

BLeonard

16 minutes ago, Lost said:

No, I'd say this is much worse.   Moss wasn't that bad in a log of situations and a fraction of the salary we're now gonna be paying Hines.  Nearly $5/yr in 2023 and 2024?  That's double what Singletary was getting at RB1.   I would have rather resigned Singletary next season but I think this all but sealed his fate.  🤷‍♂️

Apologies if someone has replied but there's no dead cap if we release him for next season. If he doesn't perform, we cut him. If he does, we probably re-draw his contract anyway.

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

Agreed. The simple fact they had to trade for Hines after using a 2nd round pick on RB could also be labeled insane. McKissic really did a number on Beane.

Biggest takeaway here is that Singletary is now 101% gone after the season.

They only gave up a 6th rounder and a dude people here would've given away for a song.  It cost us next to nothing to bring him here and given our offensive playstyle, fits right in.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Fans want McKenzie off the field because he’s an incredible spaz at times and makes way too many mental mistakes… not sure about you but I’m holding my breath every time he has the ball in his hands/is targeted.

Right, I understand why people want McKenzie off the field. I am not arguing that he shouldn't.

I was saying that the problem isn't that we needed an upgrade behind McKenzie. Shakir and Cook are already on the roster and not taking any meaningful snaps away from McKenzie. Hell, we just gave our TE a $15M AAV extension. For reference, in 2020 Travis Kelce was targeted, as in the ball was thrown to him, 110 times when lined up in the slot. 

Just now, L Ron Burgundy said:

He's a receiving rb that played for a team that could no longer pass.  

Their QB was 4th in yards when benched and is still 6th in the league. The team is 9th in passing yards per game. Something don't smell right!! Hmm. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/offense/stat/passing/table/passing/sort/netPassingYardsPerGame/dir/desc

Yet another receiving threat for Josh Allen to utilize, this is actually a very underrated pickup that I like him a bit better than the Washington RB we were going to pickup in FA. 25 receptions already this season but I'm really going to miss the 2 run plays up the middle from Zack Moss, how about you guys?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I took a look at the standings last night and thought.........Nyheim Hines should be a cheap target.

Always liked his explosiveness.   Had a big game against the Bills in the 2020 playoffs.  

That was the game against Buffalo I was looking for and couldn't find.  It was the playoffs.

Thank you.  It was driving me a little crazy.

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

This is the perfect offense for Hines and Cook.  Buffalo isnt going to hand the ball off 30 plus times.  20 or so carries plus 4 to 6 catches.  The 3 to 4 yards can become 15 to 20.  Create some lanes in the run game and they can get down field in a hurry.  More speed more versatility.  

Yeah, their skill set is more in line with what Dorsey wants to do. The Bills need to be able to spread the field horizontally considering how teams want to defend them. He's good enough between the tackles too. Will be interesting to see what the RB snap counts turn into.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yet is tied for 2nd on the team in tds. I get he does have some lapses, but there's more positive than negative.

If it were hockey he'd be a high event player. Whether he's an offensive high event player whose scoring offsets his liabilities or a high event defensive liability whose mistakes outweigh his offensive contribution is up for some debate.

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

LOL picking a number where that's true - #6 back by attempts Dameon Pierce 4th round

The top backs in the league are so because they play on run-first teams where they get 20-23 carries per game vs. the 10 or 12 Singletary gets.

wow! you found one. Good job.

In the top 15 backs there are only 3 drafted after the 2nd round and none after the 4th.

Good players get drafted high for the most part. Tune in for more breaking news at 11.

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Their QB was 4th in yards when benched and is still 6th in the league. The team is 9th in passing yards per game. Something don't smell right!! Hmm. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/offense/stat/passing/table/passing/sort/netPassingYardsPerGame/dir/desc

Maybe that's why they fired the OC too...

Hines is a versatile player.  A very good receiver and runner.  He has excellent speed.  He can return punts and kicks.  He is an experienced version of James Cooks and can do many of the things that McKenzie does.  This is a depth move.  Hines is also a great character/team guy.  He will fit the culture very well.  He should be really excited to go from a losing team to a Super Bowl favorite.  The best part is the reasonable price that Beane paid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Not sure if this has been posted here. I always like to see how the other team feels about the trade. Colts fans seem pissed which is good

https://forums.colts.com/topic/74316-hines-traded-to-the-bills/

I agree I do the same. In comparison look at how most Broncos feel about losing Chubb lol.. 

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/forum/broncos-football/broncos-football-aa/8436308-chubb-traded-to-miami

Edited by Protocal69

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.