Calvin Ridley Traded to Jags

Dablitzkrieg

4 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

With the NFL’s close relationship with gambling, they had to take the hardline stance. I just can’t believe this guy risked it for a $500 bet. 

seriously as dumb as it gets. using his name and credit card and address, good grief dude couldnt have used a buddy or baby mom or gf or sibling

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

seriously as dumb as it gets. using his name and credit card and address, good grief dude couldnt have used a buddy or baby mom or gf or sibling

I think that shows lack of intention/knowledge of rules.  What gets me is the length and PED (directly impacting on field play) get a lesser suspension.  I get a gambling hard line, but this is not a Pete Rose or anything near it situation.  1/2 year seems sufficient.  

13 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think that shows lack of intention/knowledge of rules.  What gets me is the length and PED (directly impacting on field play) get a lesser suspension.  I get a gambling hard line, but this is not a Pete Rose or anything near it situation.  1/2 year seems sufficient.  

Rose should be in the hall of fame. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Process said:

I still can't believe this guy got suspended a year for placing a $500 parlay while away from the team. Wild. 

Especially with Sports betting being wide open nowadays. Personally, I preferred things without the gambling, but alas.....

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think betting on your own team should not only be allowed but encouraged! 

it’s also hilarious that we hold athletes to higher standards than regular citizens. 

It is, at the very least, a perception thing and invites too many potential problems to allow athletes to bet on a sport they are participating in. 

We hold people in certain professions to higher standards than the average person all the time. There are also professions where employees understand they can't engage in certain behaviors that average people do and they accept it as a condition of being employed in that profession. They are free to choose a different profession.

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

It is, at the very least, a perception thing and invites too many potential problems to allow athletes to bet on a sport they are participating in. 

We hold people in certain professions to higher standards than the average person all the time. There are also professions where employees understand they can't engage in certain behaviors that average people do and they accept it as a condition of being employed in that profession. They are free to choose a different profession.

It’s just weird that I’ve see very important people (lawyers, politicians, doctors, educators) get held to less standards than pro athletes. I get it to an extent but it’s kinda amazing that these sauced up 20 year olds don’t get in more trouble. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s just weird that I’ve see very important people (lawyers, politicians, doctors, educators) get held to less standards than pro athletes. I get it to an extent but it’s kinda amazing that these sauced up 20 year olds don’t get in more trouble. 

You could also make an argument that star athletes often get away with behaviors that the average person wouldn't. But more to your point, I agree we certainly lack a consistency in the standards we hold people to in general.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You could also make an argument that star athletes often get away with behaviors that the average person wouldn't. But more to your point, I agree we certainly lack a consistency in the standards we hold people to in general.

For sure. Not to get too deep but it does bother me how divided we get about race, religion, etc. basically, there’s rich people and others. I remember a lawyer in Buffalo killed a girl after having a few drinks and got a slap on the wrist. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For sure. Not to get too deep but it does bother me how divided we get about race, religion, etc. basically, there’s rich people and others. I remember a lawyer in Buffalo killed a girl after having a few drinks and got a slap on the wrist. 

Yeah, don't get me started...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.