No!!! Bradley Chubb to the Dolphins!

Big Turk

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Come on Dr. They added a top 10 pass rusher, a top 5 receiver, and an upcoming borderline top 10 receiver.  And holland is a very good young S. If Beane did this, we would be falling over praising him. That’s a hell of a haul for real life. Can you name a better trade in recent nfl history to get that many players for one Player?

also, did we forget how bad the Fins were like 3 years ago? They were thought to be one of the worst teams in nfl history. I don’t truly believe in Tua but it’s pretty remarkable what Mike Grier’s brother had done. He’s a really good GM. Bills Fins might be a thing again. And the Pats will be garbage. The 90s are so back!

Yeah, those four players are good/great. Four. Good for them. They got marginally better.

They got FOUR good players with 14 picks, 7 1st rounds. If that was Beane's record we would be calling for his head.

47 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tua is better than Brady currently.

and as bills fans, let’s not be so salty. The Fins are giving up a late 1st for a double digit sack potential guy to pair with a good young pass rusher.  They should be happy and they are better today.  We still have the better team and the bills will beat them by million in Buffalo, but the fins got better. It’s ok to say it. 

Not salty. Totally agree they got better & have built a good squad. Just wondered if given the all in moves they may still be building with Tom in mind next year. But you make a good point that Tua is playing better than Tom, so this is probably the long term plan. Thanks. 👍

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, those four players are good/great. Four. Good for them. They got marginally better.

They got FOUR good players with 14 picks, 7 1st rounds. If that was Beane's record we would be calling for his head.

Yeah and it required them fleecing the moronic texans management too. The texans were just dead set on giving the dolphins all their picks.

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I don't know.  Nothing I've seen out of Chubb to this point in his career could be used to describe a guy performing at an elite level.  This year he's registered 5.5 sacks with 4.5 of them going in games against Houston and Indianapolis. 

I think Miami acquired a good player that will help their defense but is he the missing piece that will push them to the next level past the Bills and Chiefs?  I just don't see this as some deal like getting Reggie White or Bruce Smith in their primes.  I think the Dolphins bigger problem is at QB.  Not to say Tua isn't good, he is, and he's playing at a high level this season.  But my one word to describe him is "fragile".  He just doesn't seem to be a guy that can take the hits a QB is subjected to or stay healthy.  

I agree but the Chubb pick up helps their defense a lot. They are still behind the Bills in talent mainly because of Allen vs Tua. However, I think Miami closed the gap a little bit. They are clearly the second best in the division and chasing the Bills. Analyst David Carr has the Dolphins going 12-5. They are formidable and have already beaten the Bills. Their win comes with an asterisk but it's still a win folks. I don't think we can sleep on the Dolphins. They are going all in as well. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1

Not sure what to make of the Dolphins future, as they have a ton of guys to pay with not many draft picks. (nevermind the QB decision)

That said, they are as top end talented as anyone in the league after this move.  

At the end of the day - they’re still going to have to deal with the fact that once we get to the Playoffs, they have Tua, in a conference with Allen and Mahomes.  

Edited by SCBills

11 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Not salty. Totally agree they got better & have built a good squad. Just wondered if given the all in moves they may still be building with Tom in mind next year. But you make a good point that Tua is playing better than Tom, so this is probably the long term plan. Thanks. 👍

I think you are vastly overrating how much 1st rounders hit. Plus, they lost a 1st that had nothing to do with the GM. They have at worst the 3rd best set of receivers in the nfl, a double digit sack guy, and a good young safety. That’s quite a haul from a LT. I personally would be very happy with beane if he did that, like how the Diggs trade turned out. 

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think you are vastly overrating how much 1st rounders hit. Plus, they lost a 1st that had nothing to do with the GM. They have at worst the 3rd best set of receivers in the nfl, a double digit sack guy, and a good young safety. That’s quite a haul from a LT. I personally would be very happy with beane if he did that, like how the Diggs trade turned out. 

No. I get all that. Just wondered if they were building w/ Tom or Tua in mind. Thanks for pointing out the difference in their play currently. Thanks. 👍

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

4 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

No. I get all that. Just wondered if they were building w/ Tom or Tua in mind. Thanks for pointing out the difference in their play currently. Thanks. 👍

I totally get your point with Brady. Miami would be a great situation for him. But he looks totally checked out and Tua has been pretty solid this year. Though I’m sure if Brady really wanted to come to Miami, the fins would move Tua. 

plus, Miami is heaven for old, rich, divorced guys. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

My favorite part is they are going to pay most of these guys like they are among the top guys at their position. The hard part of all those picks is you have to pick the right guys. The bright side is you have the on the cheap for 4-5 years, unlike Hill, Chubb & Co. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

My favorite part is they are going to pay most of these guys like they are among the top guys at their position. The hard part of all those picks is you have to pick the right guys. The bright side is you have the on the cheap for 4-5 years, unlike Hill, Chubb & Co. 

AND they are going to have to hand Tua a top QB contract, LOL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

I honestly can't tell if this is satire or just that far out of touch with the modern NFL.

Dolphins are a legit contender with Tua, it's what the factual data shows. And the MVP talk is gaining steam again considering they are undefeated in every game he's started and finished this year.

And by landing a premier defensive player it will help shore up their defense which has been an issue at times this year, mostly because of injuries anyway.

Again, I know some fans here don't really care or believe there is any real threat to the Bills, but I still think this will be a tight race especially given the Dolphins upcoming schedule which is very favorable to stack some wins before their next matchup with us.

On 11/1/2022 at 2:28 PM, Airseven said:

BOOM. Dolphins survived the Tua fiasco and now they're shooting their shot. They'll be right on Bills heels to the end.

You mean 4 wins back, not exactly on the Bills heals 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Dolphins are a legit contender with Tua, it's what the factual data shows. And the MVP talk is gaining steam again considering they are undefeated in every game he's started and finished this year.

And by landing a premier defensive player it will help shore up their defense which has been an issue at times this year, mostly because of injuries anyway.

Again, I know some fans here don't really care or believe there is any real threat to the Bills, but I still think this will be a tight race especially given the Dolphins upcoming schedule which is very favorable to stack some wins before their next matchup with us.

Stop. You're making stuff up. There is no MVP talk. His odds right now are +8000 which is even with Geno Smith and 2000 behind Derek Carr who is +6000, depends where you look but he's not remotely in the MVP conversation. He's thrown 2 TD in only 2 games this year lol.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

24M a year for a guy that hws had double digit sacks once and only 1 healthy season.  Wow.  I'm actually happy they did this. 

That's what 26 sacks and 1 1/2 years of missed time in 4 1/2 years gets you nowadays, I guess. Glad the Bills didn't do something like this. We got a better DE in FA for less money.😂

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

8 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

That's what 26 sacks and 1 1/2 years of missed time in 4 1/2 years gets you nowadays, I guess. Glad the Bills didn't do something like this. We got a better DE in FA for less money.😂

and 12 of this sacks came his rookie year, I admit he's a good pass rusher but don't think he's great. I agree all the better for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

24M a year for a guy that hws had double digit sacks once and only 1 healthy season.  Wow.  I'm actually happy they did this. 

Yep. He has been oft injured and not nearly worth this contract. Hope tua continues and they will have to pay him a ton as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.