No!!! Bradley Chubb to the Dolphins!

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I'd agree thats why we got him, all im saying is a super bowl was not a guarantee just bc the rams did it and won. The stars aligned for the rams last year.

Beane talked about not trading for Von because he didn’t know if he’d be a rental. Von is a difference maker and Beane didn’t pull the trigger.

He’s not pulling the trigger this year either IMO. Values picks too much.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Dolphins are living rent free in some of your heads after a week 3 loss in which we dominated everything but the scoreboard and then proceeded to win the next 4 games and counting.  

Does Chubb make them better?  Absolutely.  But I am 100% fine with them spending their cache of draft picks in a vain attempt to catch us.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

How do you figure this? 

I’d wager Fins are the #5 seed and Chiefs will be the #2 seed… if anything I’d guess the Phins would play the Titans round 1 setting up an epic divisional game in Buffalo if they win. 

Not going to be close in 30 mph winds and snow.  

First time in the Allen era I’ve felt secure that is now a legit home field advantage 

Its more because of this years D but still.  

Here's the deal w/ the rematch against the Dolphins - they won't be able to enjoy spending most of the game in weather that's over 10 degrees cooler than the opposing team.

They gotta come to the cold.  I wonder if we can prevent them from using heaters on the sideline, just for a little tit for tat?

Since exploding as a rookie with 12 sacks Chubb has played in 33 games in 4 years including this year.  In those 4 years he has 14 sacks.  

I get that he has name recognition but I think a 1st for a half year is a wild overpay.  If they work an extension out things change but I'm not terrified of this move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You should just give up. I’ve had this argument a couple times now. We all agree that Tua is no Allen or Mahomes. But some people won’t even concede that he’s playing very well and he could easily take them as far as, say, Tannehill took the Titans. Which on a good day with the right breaks makes them dangerous. I think all that criticism comes from a place of fear …

He’s doing what he’s asked to do consistently from what little I’ve seen of him this season while avoiding the mistakes. I’m sure his coaches and teammates are more than happy about that, too. And that’s all that really matters when it comes down to it.

Look, I’ve hated Miami forever and they will always be my most hated rival team, but that’s never blinded me to the reality that opponents, no matter how much I hate them, can have good players playing well. 

• Like (+1) 2

In the immortal words of the almighty James Hetfield: "So f@#%$n' what?!" 

Lemme know when Miami figures out how to put up more than 21 on a team not below .500. 

Also, Tua definitely doesn't use his turn signal when he drives. Jaylen Waddle puts mustard on his pancakes. And Tyreek Hill abuses children. Overall, this means they are a bunch of scrub-bums managed by a guy who looks like he wants to sell you a washing machine at Best Buy. 

Don't care who gets who and neither do the Bills. Chubb can go have zero sacks in Miami now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Three ways to get a player...

Draft.  My favorite way to get players is in the draft.  The only appreciable cost is the opportunity cost.  For example, if we draft the RB we like in the 3rd round, it means we didn't draft the LB or whoever else we liked.  

Free Agency.  A difference-making free agent is usually going to cost a large sum of money.   I'm happy to have Von, but we can't sign a bunch of high-priced FAs if we want to build a roster that achieves sustained success.

Trade.  This is my least favorite way to acquire a player because you often give up draft capital and then assume a big contract.   Or you're looking at a big contract to re-sign him when the existing contract soon expires.  Miami got a good player in Chubb but are giving up a 1st rounder and will have to pay the man.  If I'm a Phin fan, I'm probably not a fan of this trade.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Wow clever thread👎

7 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Miller is a short-term fix. Chubb can be a long-term difference maker. There’s a reason the Dolphins gave up so much.

Not sure about short term. 6 year contract and it is hard to get out of until year 4. That's long term

Just now, K-9 said:

He’s doing what he’s asked to do consistently from what little I’ve seen of him this season while avoiding the mistakes. I’m sure his coaches and teammates are more than happy about that, too. And that’s all that really matters when it comes down to it.

Look, I’ve hated Miami forever and they will always be my most hated rival team, but that’s never blinded me to the reality that opponents, no matter how much I hate them, can have good players playing well. 

I’m no Dolphins fan either, but that doesn’t stop me from saying I really like what McDaniel and the GM are doing, and that watching this track meet offense is entertaining (at least when they’re not playing us). Will this be sustainable long term? Who knows, but it’s kind of a fascinating doubling down on what KC did with Tyreek and his game altering speed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Chubb has had 5.5 sacks this season.  2.5 versus the Colts with Ryan as QB, 1 vs SF and 2 vs Seahawks this past weekend.  He is good, but I don't see adding one DE and exchanging RBs as game-changing moves.    Getting Hill and pairing him with Waddle was.    We'll see.

16 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

No, but take away Hill and Waddle and I think he'd be out of his depth.

I'd say Hill is slightly better than Diggs (blasphemy?) and Waddle is better than Davis, but take those two away from Josh and he'd still be executing at a high level. I don't think the same can be said for Tua.

Josh is flat out a better QB in every respect, so yeah, I think he’d adjust much better to the loss of his top two receivers. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Football said:

The Office No GIF

I had a bad feeling they we’re going to get him. 

They outbid both Seahawks and rams. Jets pulled out of the trade

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Tua has definitely turned things around and he fits McDaniels system perfectly. It’s nice that Buffalo and Miami have taken back the AFC East. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.