No!!! Bradley Chubb to the Dolphins!

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The sky is not falling.

While I cannot deny that Chubb at full strength is a good pass rusher, I'm more than happy to watch the Dolphins distribute 1st round picks (and more) like Halloween candy for players that they then need to extend to substantial contracts. Sorry, but this is a recipe for failure on many fronts.

Chubb, again...good player. But the reason the Broncos backed up a brinks truck for Randy Gregory is that going into this season there were many questions around his durability and his production. He's had a few good games to start his season. a season where he's motivated to play well for that next contract. We have seen that many times in the past. Players producing in a contract year are fools gold most of the time. 

There are two sets of costs here. Trading away a first rounder for a guy who has or needs a big contract kills you in the draft AND on the cap. At least it’s a premium position. They did the same with T. Hill and get away with it because Tua is on a cheap deal, but I’m not sure Tua is the answer. He is not as big or athletic as he thinks, and he’s fragile. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

They lost their own...correct? So they traded one that they currently were scheduled to have? Right? After making the trade with the 49ers...that pick became theirs. 

No, they lost their own in that draft, but acquired 2 additional 1st round picks from the  49ers for them moving up 9 spots. They still have their own next year.

Edited by Big Turk

11 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Yawn. Chubb is an overrated player who only went high that year because it was a very weak defensive end class. He is only a slightly above average defensive end and I'm glad Miami spent another of their first round picks.

Yeah I was under the impression that Chubb was a bust up until this year, good job by the Broncos to sell high.

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

I’m just rarely on board with giving up picks and then having the sign the player to a massive extension. The player better be an established superstar, which Bradley Chubb is not. 

He's only 26, and they're pairing him with a really talented younger rusher in Jaelen Phillips. 

As a pure football fan, I love it. 

Like look at that front now:

LDE - Wilikens (26)

NT  -Raekwan Davis (25)

RDE - Emmanuel Ogbah (28)

OLB - Phillips (23)

OLB - Chubb (26)

MLB - Jerome Baker (25)

MLB - Elandon Roberts (28)

And now they have Melvin Ingram coming off the bench and can get creative with their sub rush packages. 

Thats arguable the best, young, front 7 in the NFL. The only other fron that compares might be the Bills

• Eyeroll 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.